2 Classes Added in PWCN: Technician and Edgerunner

Comments

• hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »

I'm... curious about these classes. If they have similar mechanics to the Storm/Dusk or if they have come up with something completely new.

I have so far looked only to paladin but they seem like a class designated to dive into masses and live to tell the tale. Its hard to say much with the google translate being what it is but they got couple of jumps(One of which returns you to where you ported from after a bit if I understood it correctly), lot of antistuns and a cheap small AoE(s). On top of this they got skill, which increases their dmg for 8s iirc. They can also buff themselves with a buff, which turns their dmg to elemental dmg. They got buff for each element.

So what I see happening, assuming I understood skills correctly, is paladin popping skill dmg buff and antistun, porting into mass dropping AoEs before automatically being ported back from middle of the masses. And because its HA class, killing it in the short duration its in middle of enemies isnt exactly easy even if everybody turns on to them.

Depends really on the dmg output and few other things how effective this class will be but I imagine it being super fun diving into backlines all the time.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    If a class is not dex-based, it will not do damage until they rework the formula.
  • hurrdurrurr
    happyhail wrote: »
    If a class is not dex-based, it will not do damage until they rework the formula.

Why dont you tell that to barbs or seekers or BMs for that matter. Its HA class so its going to be str based. The only thing dex does is increase crit and make spike dmg more common - The main reason why dex classes hit so stupidly high is because they go for attack level builds.Sins also got skills, which increase base dmg by %, while most other classes get the % increase on wep dmg.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Dex does a lot more than simply create spike damage.

• hurrdurrurr
    happyhail wrote: »
    Dex does a lot more than simply create spike damage.

It literally has the same formula as str based dmg multiplier. The only difference is crit, which only increases how common that spike dmg is. In theory one could argue HA classes require more dex than LA classes need str but thats not always the case. In my experience most times HA classes actually beat all but archers of LA classes in attack range. And archer dmg has so many problems w/o zerk bow its not even funny.
  • zoey4u12
    zoey4u12 Posts: 23 Arc User
    slashnote wrote: »
    I'm probably going to be one of the few people here who think introducing a new class is a bad idea when they haven't even nerfed/fixed the Nightshades yet

Just because you can't beat a DB or SB in mass pk or 1v1 doesn't mean they need fixing, maybe try learning a mystic cause they are broken too if u know how to play it.

The argument 'learn to play your class' is sadly quickly granted. But this days its hard to be supporter. To be honest its same easy to die in mass pk just for being healer or supporter, like db/sins can roll heads about keyboards to kill you.

Would like to see pwi fix such issues before next class incomming.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    It will take a year and several thousands of dollars to even catch up with this new class goodluck to those who focus this though. If the gunner can’t control the sins and paladin can’t cut down dusk then this is just a gimmick to badly keep the game alive imho
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • hurrdurrurr
    edited October 2018
    blazerboy wrote: »
    It will take a year and several thousands of dollars to even catch up with this new class goodluck to those who focus this though. If the gunner can’t control the sins and paladin can’t cut down dusk then this is just a gimmick to badly keep the game alive imho

I think the point bout Paladin will be if the class gets some actual CC. Right now it seems like their CC is archer level aka pretty much nonexistent. Didnt see any squad buffs/debuffs on it either so while the class can be super fun to play it does require few more things to be truly viable.

Edit: After looking at gunner, the dmg output that class has seems absolutely stupid. I wouldnt be surprised if they end up outputting more dmg than sins. Its because, while the translations are poor, gunner gets lot of base dmg increased by % skills. Sins got that on elimination and cursed jail iirc.
    Post edited by hurrdurrurr on
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Idk about you but another HA class seems like fun and being able to swap into different dmg increases seems overpowered to be honest.
    I mean if they build this class right it can easily become the best.

Range is boring in my honest opinion but I can see a zerk trapper destroying some people in pvp....

I’ll probably be one of the few paladins, once it comes out, who actually utilizes elemental dmg properly by checking each users elemental resist via eye of jungle and making choices based on that information.

Fully gearing one probably not but eh it’ll be fun for some G16 1v1s with some friends.
  • leozlion1358
    leozlion1358 Posts: 1 Arc User
    nice
  • hurrdurrurr
    nunuator wrote: »

I’ll probably be one of the few paladins, once it comes out, who actually utilizes elemental dmg properly by checking each users elemental resist via eye of jungle and making choices based on that information.

This prolly one of the dumbest things I have read bout paladin so far. If you are seriously basing your decision off on what their base elemental resistances are. What anybody with half a brain will do is base it on what debuffs you can get on your target. Be it trough your own CDs or your team members. But sure, be one of the paladins who actually uses elemental dmg properly.
  • wishes2
    wishes2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    From what I'm reading looks like the Gunner has some anti stealth skills

'Quickly place an anti-hidden institution under the foot, stealth enemy
    People entering the organization within 10 meters will be visible, traps exist
    20 seconds.'

A lot of the skills are traps, one of them being an increase of damage for like 8s

And the Paladin has a skill for every element O.o which sounds op
  • hurrdurrurr
    wishes2 wrote: »
    From what I'm reading looks like the Gunner has some anti stealth skills

'Quickly place an anti-hidden institution under the foot, stealth enemy
    People entering the organization within 10 meters will be visible, traps exist
    20 seconds.'

A lot of the skills are traps, one of them being an increase of damage for like 8s

And the Paladin has a skill for every element O.o which sounds op

The one thing bout traps and I am not sure which is true. You can either only place 1 trap at a time or 1 type of trap at a time, my guess is the latter. The traps have types, like dmg/utility and I know you cant place dmg and utility trap at the same time. The bigger deal over stealth traps, imo, are the elimination like skill(s) with stupid basic dmg % increases. I didnt see too much elemental dmg on gunner and it might be its weakness but the amount of physical dmg it can output is ludicrous.

But the fact they got amp, think it was 8s and 35% for demon, 10s and 30% for sage means you really want them into PvE too, which was always troublesome for archers.

Paladin seems like its missing skills or something, like I didnt see debuff/buff or much CC yet. But expectations seem to be that Paladin will be stronger than gunner and gunner is going to be one of the if not strongest ranged class after the update.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I'll have the full skill list on or before October 31st when they are released. They added some skills to the client early but only partially. Gunner was more complete than Paladin. Hopefully someone will put together a decent translation when the full list is available.

In the meanwhile the Russians have put together a skill guide that Google translates a bit better than the original Chinese.
    https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=208598
    ​​
  • mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User
    Well once the full list is out in a pastebin or so and I'm bored, I will take a look at it.

The russian translation seems pretty decent so far, just missing a lot of numbers (as in the original though).
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    I'll have the full skill list on or before October 31st when they are released. They added some skills to the client early but only partially. Gunner was more complete than Paladin. Hopefully someone will put together a decent translation when the full list is available.

In the meanwhile the Russians have put together a skill guide that Google translates a bit better than the original Chinese.
    ​​

Seems like the gunner will be far superior to an archer. The best thing I came across is immunity to paralyse effects skill.
  • blazerboy
    asterelle wrote: »

​​

Seems like the gunner will be far superior to an archer. The best thing I came across is immunity to paralyse effects skill.

Immune to paralysis? If it can move while casting I think it’s a sold class for many to delete sins lol
  • thetruesinsz
    edited October 2018
    Paladin will have "Elimination" like skill, which hit 8-times, dealing +500% base dmg + 10k. OP as fk. The cooldown is 90s though. But still. OP as fk.
  • zoey4u12
    zoey4u12 Posts: 23 Arc User
    I get an impression like new game focus develope into single/dmg gameplay, and support and teamplay isnt important like in past time was it.
  • blazerboy
    edited October 2018
    Paladin will have "Elimination" like skill, which hit 8-times, dealing +500% base dmg + 10k. OP as fk. The cooldown is 90s though. But still. OP as fk.

2 spark zerk weapon watch the target drop

• thetruesinsz
    edited October 2018
    blazerboy wrote: »

2 spark zerk weapon watch the target drop

Like a fly. Far superior to sin"s Elimination, considering Paladin will have much higher base dmg than sins.
  • hurrdurrurr
    You guys are also forgetting the fact Paladin will have literally 1shot button with that skill. Fire dmg buff + genie spark. If you can force genie before going for it, there is literally no counterplay to CC + that skill + genie spark. And because fire dmg buff is spammable it should be relatively easy to force SoF from those who run with it cause SoFing when you see fire debuff on you in middle of that skill is too late.
  • lordlionz
    lordlionz Posts: 29 Arc User
    no one gonna talk about Paladin going full Fire dmg + better version elimination + seeker SS = GG
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    lordlionz wrote: »
    no one gonna talk about Paladin going full Fire dmg + better version elimination + seeker SS = GG

Reason: at the moment it is not possible to play with a Paladin character. When we can I'm sure people will start a few million of topics telling 'how good we are' with a character after paying a few dollars lol.
  • haemyeong
    haemyeong Posts: 3 Arc User
    The classes are gender locked. The Engineer class are only females, belonging to the Human race. While the Vanguard will only be males, and will go to the Winged Elf race.

According to the official lore, this splinter group of the Winged Elf race worship an unknown demonic idol and thus fell to the dark side, hence giving them their black wings and armour designs. Apparently, they are now on our side, since the Winged Vanguard is a playable class soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OAs6vyy-M&feature=youtu.be
  • blazerboy
    haemyeong wrote: »
    The classes are gender locked. The Engineer class are only females, belonging to the Human race. While the Vanguard will only be males, and will go to the Winged Elf race.

According to the official lore, this splinter group of the Winged Elf race worship an unknown demonic idol and thus fell to the dark side, hence giving them their black wings and armour designs. Apparently, they are now on our side, since the Winged Vanguard is a playable class soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OAs6vyy-M&feature=youtu.be

Genderlocking again lol...

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Ohh hmm:
    On the description of this official video they do indeed call the new classes "Engineer" and "Winged Vanguard".
    I guess I'll switch the names to those since they are much more official, I doubt that's final though.

EDIT: 6vvDxW5.png

So do you think I should I use those names or not....
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I think people are already used to calling them Gunner/Paladin so might as well roll with it.​​
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I don't mind calling them Gunner and Paladin. Sure, Winged Vanguard is ok too, but Engineer sounds something out of the star trek game rather than pwi
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I'm good with what we got for now.

Otherwise your be changing in a few months again.