Coin Sellers - World Chat

xxxthekidxxx
xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
So been back a couple of weeks and all I see in world chat is coins sellers advertising some zeno website 24/7. People complaining about them constantly and nothing actually getting done.

This probably has been discussed to death already idk, I am just trying to highlight the issue. Yes, I been adding them to bl constantly but apparently bl is full for other players.

If PWI can add the ability to increase tele consumption for spamming (aka - grab more money from players and actually not address anything) surely they can sort this out and ease everyone’s suffering.

I mean all they have to do is introduce a chat bot that filters these websites or key words. It will probably take 1h tops for a dev to introduce this to the game.

Why isn’t anyone doing anything, why doesn’t this game developer/gm/devs care at all..I mean AT ALL about their community.

You get enough money from these suckers ease their suffering a bit lol

Seriously guys, come on, try to help your community once in a blue moon :D

Comments

• gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    So been back a couple of weeks and all I see in world chat is coins sellers advertising some zeno website 24/7.

No, the spam stops sometimes maybe because the spammer is sleeping or too busy with making alts. We can also have the spam (of both sites) in our ingame mailbox. No need to blacklist since that won't last long. Name changes a lot and- good to know- that gives new teleacoustics. In other words: spam will continue.

• baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    I mean all they have to do is introduce a chat bot that filters these websites or key words. It will probably take 1h tops for a dev to introduce this to the game.
    Nah, it's too easy to bypass it.

• werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User

It is acturaly possible to get around these kinds of things, this is speaking as someone that acturaly does coding. There are common things that can be done to try and prevents these loops from forming, for example:

One could look but all the different ways a letter may be done for example: W w vv VV \/\/ \/v .... etc and check for how many times this letter and others appear together, possilby in a set order, as in checking the next letter in the string, ignoring things like spaces ' ', dashes '-', underscores '_', commas ',', full stops etc and only checking the next letter after all that filler.

:P Acturaly did this sort of thing for a project checking if a user inputted 'password'

---

Another thing I was considering was having a community watch on here where one could state the user name + the server the spammer was on. Please note that on these forums posts that the website in question should not be given in any format.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Begin with the easiest fix: remove Jolly Old Jones.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator

Prob not as easy as you would think as the Devs need to do this... Yer we will leave that their.

I cant believe whats going on with this tho.

WHY PWE are not taking direct actions because of this are beyond me. They do have a filter system but its not fast enough to pick up the change in player name or IP address change. Tho its better than it was before.​​
  • xxxthekidxxx
    xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
    Another example of PWI not giving a beep.. why people still feed this company is beyond me.
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Increase the level requirement for using Teleacoustics from lv. 5 to lv. 80+
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User

No point because the bots autoculti on low lvl mobs + farm mats to sell to catshops for extra coin. They dont just stop with JoJ.

The only thing they could really do is have an active GM scouting the map looking for bots which will never happen
  • wishes8
    wishes8 Posts: 9 Arc User
    GM scouting the map looking for bots which will never happen
    Another thing I was considering was having a community watch on here where one could state the user name + the server the spammer was on. Please note that on these forums posts that the website in question should not be given in any format.

If can use some sort of community thing that's faster than tickets to get theses people quickly may be able to get them killed off faster, right now on dawnglory they world chat like every 5mins, and pretty sure it's a bot doing it.

Having one just one gm assigned to target this or at least kick the people that do this if they don't have the rights to ban, while the community as a whole reports theses cases may work.

In one game I acturlay played there was a rank in case for vet players which could be summoned to a new players location to introduce them to the game which had ranks, something like this could be done to try and tackle this coin scammer issue as it will just keep hurting all 4 communities if it's left as it is.
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    well problem is ... those coin sellers are one of the big spenders keeping this game alive.... so yeah.. don't bother.... as long as somebody is willing to buy them.. it will continue to do so.. they are also the ones exploiting stuff. they are immune to ban... funny how my merchant toon got banned first... hahaha and those russian fools in tw still there..don;t bother.