[EVENT] Winter Mount Contest 2018

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Summer is about to be in full swing – so what is this chilly contest doing here?
We’re looking for YOU to create a wintery themed exclusive mount.
Start : 6/13/2018 @ 10 AM PT
End : 6/29/2018 @ 10 AM PT

EXTENDED - 7/06/2018

A forum thread will go up so you can post your entries (You Are HERE!) – be sure to stop by the Official Forums when the contest kicks off!

Rules
[*]Please ensure that your mount is winter themed in some way. The more seasonal it is, the better!
[*]Entries that have been submitted in previous contests can be entered, but they must follow the theme of being wintery or Christmas themed.
[*]No copyrighted materials or designs that are not done by you will be accepted. The only exception to this is if you create a variant of an existing PWI mount or monster.
[*]Designs must be fully rendered in the medium you chose.
[*]The more details you add to your submission the better. This includes – having multiple poses (front and back) or sketches of mount movement.
[*]Incomplete submissions or submission lacking in basic information or that do not look “finished” will not be considered.
Mounts will be selected by PWI staff.

Community
The more entries we receive, the more rewards will be unlocked for the community!

20 Entries – War Avatar Pack C x5
45 Entries – Ancient Gift x5
50 Entries – War Avatar Pack S x3 + 50 Event Gold
100 Entries – War Avatar Pack S x5

These prizes are cumulative – meaning that if the community submits 45 Entries total, everyone will receive War Avatar Pac C x5 and Ancient Gift x5.

Prizes

Winner
Choice of ANY mount currently in the game, including unreleased mounts! (Excludes Mounts with any copyrighted names or designs)
A FREE copy of the mount you designed when it debuts in the game!
Choice of one of THREE powerful items – Neuma Portal Chest, Crown of Madness OR Emperor Tome.
50$ Free Zen (or region equivalent)

1st Runner Up
Choice of ANY mount currently in the game, including unreleased mounts! (Excludes Mounts with any copyrighted names or designs)
A FREE copy of the winner’s mount when it debuts in the game!
20$ Free Zen (or region equivalent)

Good luck PWI players!
Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
Tagged:

Comments

• jen#6926
    jen#6926 Posts: 3 Arc User
    DeadlyMoonbeam
    Tideswell

a4oweul.jpg

The Car has a white snowy glow (similar to fashion weapons that sparkle snowflakes, and when driving, snowflakes and $ notes fly in the air behind the vehicle. Also leaves white tires-in-the-snow pattern
  • sadlie
    sadlie Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    iDVx7qt.jpg
    Winter Wolf - Mount
    ChouLin
    Tideswell

I am not good at system drawing, so I have created the mount, using a simple hand sketch.

Special effects:

1) The mount will be white and it will looks shiny
    2) White paw marks will be seen in the ground for 3 seconds when it walks/runs

Animation:

1) Howl
    2) It shakes off and the snow flakes will fly in the air.

History:

I have a silver mane mount. I wish to have a white color mount, which looks furious; A hunter.

Sorry for not showing the front, side views. I thought that would affect the environment I have created.
    Post edited by sadlie on
  • lolitalottie
    lolitalottie Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Arianrhod's Cage

Wings grow strong
    Once the cage is gone
    A flicker of white
    Sweeps through the night

2qsb56u.png
    My mount is based on the Welsh Goddess Arianrhod. She had the ability to shape-shift into a large white owl which enabled her to see into the dark depths of the human soul.
    The cage represents her free spirited nature and the ivy being her sacred plant. Its also where the player will sit.
    Her wings release a myriad of snowflakes upon movement leaving a wintery trail behind.

- Elodiee : DawnGlory
    Post edited by lolitalottie on
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    att2ip.png

The ear rings, nose, and tail ornament all glow in a pattern.

I called it Forsaken Divinity

Thou shalt not be forsaken...
    The only GOP
  • bulletman
    bulletman Posts: 32 Arc User
    i got a idea for new mount well since im not an artist i explan it and use images as reference

1-its rabbit
    2-it has santa's hats on his head ears are out side of head
    3-its pure white
    4-glow super white
    5-while it walks snow will drop from it
    6-it has some sort of cold aura around it
    7-it has red eye
    8-don't know if its good or not it can have a bag of carrot around it
    9-don't know if it possible but it would be cool to when its not moving rabbit can sit and eat carrot
    10-must be fluffy

its like some snowy rabbit that glows and drops snow with blueish aura

here is pic of rabbit that i have in my head

svneq1.jpg

Azarakhsh-Tideswell

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Character: Wyvelin
    Server: Twilight Temple

Since we could use the Christmas theme in this contest, I took the opportunity to design my ideal Christmas/Winter mount. fox-26.gif

tdfosAp.png​​
  • ryeckoe
    ryeckoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    Xmas Tree Sledding
    iNTENTiONALiTY - Etherblade
    15s6l5i.png
    2r468uf.png
  • pigbarb
    pigbarb Posts: 1 Arc User
    zgmVOYB.jpg
    Mount Name: Screamer
    Character: Murali
    Server: Tideswell
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Character: ArchnoIogia
    Server: Dawnglory

E1W62AJ.jpg
    Post edited by xwhitefrostx on
    vFDFy6t.gif
  • afcmaybe
    afcmaybe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    4iyY5Pg.jpg

Gembound Unicorn

Should you find yourself lost in the North, you may be found by a Gembound - as it is their purpose as guardians of the North. It will ask you a question. Should you answer it dishonestly, it will dissipate into snow and frost, leaving you to find your own way, or succumb to death. Should you answer it honestly, it will guide you a kinder place, away from the cold; after all, there is no greater gift than life. If, out of nowhere; in the midst of frost and snow, you hear a single bell jingle - you can be sure a Gembound approaches.

It's characterised by it's large rack of antlers, heavily furred neck and back and double row of scales along it's back.

-It uses it's antlers to detect dangerous weather. When the icicles formed upon them fall, this incidicates an incoming snow/hailstorm. Should one see a Gembound with clean antlers, they should take shelter.

-It's fur is a double coat, exceptionally soft - especially where it is thickest. The Gembound is envied by rich fashionable women, hunters and cold people alike. Only an honest person may touch it's fur.

-It's scales always point North if placed on the water's surface, like a compass. The Gembound has an excellent sense of direction.

Movement; The Gembound moves in a graceful manner. Not only like a deer, or a horse - but something of it's own nature. It must take care to traverse deep snow or thin ice, as much as anything else.

Idle; It's body heat causes ice crystals that settle in it's coat to evaporate around it, generating a light cloud of steam which sparkles as it catches the light.

Character; Chal
    Server; Dawnglory

• eylenaa
    eylenaa Posts: 44 Arc User
    ZXZRInA.png

Elenett - Et
    ignore questionable lineart.
    Z592PfK.gif
  • lydie#9550
    lydie#9550 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Everyone likes cookies, but we can never have them in PWI.
    So, i created a cookie mount :3
    When using mount, cookie will be floating.
    When standing still, cookie mount will rise up like in the picture.

character: LydiaBuble
    server: Dawnglory

rtXEBxF.jpg

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Since this got proxy voted out last time by a vote bot... here's another re-entry.

It's said to be the coldest of ducks, one that's soo cold that it can barely walk straight, it needs heat for survival, maybe just maybe you can save it; or maybe it just hates Christmas.

The original mount idea was to celebrate wonderland but the story of A Christmas Carol also influenced the creation of it.

Sir_Duckinsworth.png

and of course credit to the original creator who also invented a walk cycle, which can be found below:
    https://tenor.com/view/walking-duck-cute-waddle-adorable-gif-7774023

Prespire
    Twilight Temple
  • vesnouli
    vesnouli Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    :)
    Post edited by vesnouli on
  • vesnouli
    vesnouli Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    6Ku8NdG.png

WlLDWlND -Etherblade
    Post edited by vesnouli on
  • detrion10
    detrion10 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Hello!

My mount is a small foxie with huge eyes and fluffy fur, with a thick mane of hair around neck that makes it even cuter. Foxie moves normally, in a graceful manner, it sometimes "roars" and/or purrs of contentment.

character: DatrioN
    server: Dawnglory

"Wintery fox mount"

F8IrogL.jpg
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    j4R8T8e.jpg

Meet Carol, an adorable arctic weasel, who's here to melt your heart when the chill of winter is starting to settle in!

Some info:

- all his accessories are symbols of winter/Christmas (even his name, although he doesn't sing carols :c )
    - his fur is milky white (with a dark tuft on the tip of his tail) and fluffy, just like a real weasel!
    - his size shouldn't be too big, the height is slightly shorter than that of the player
    - preferred idle animation: Carol slightly gets up on his rear feet and looks left and right, sniffing the air (as if checking his surroundings)
    - the intended design of the mount is simple yet symbolic; the mount has a subtle rainbow glow on his tail tuft and socks, and a frosty mist coming out of his back

Additional sketches and details:

9LaVgug.jpg

An idea of what the running cycle of the mount should be (NOTE: this is only for reference purposes. I do not own this GIF and all credit goes to its original creator)
    weasel_run_by_evalescia-d52jqd7.gif

Short video as a reference to the movement of weasels:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NpIEODEto

And bonus picture as proof of their cuteness overload!
    HappyStoat.jpg

(fact: despite their adorable appearances, weasels are actually bloodthirsty savages)

PixelHeart - Etherblade
    ​​
    Post edited by forbiddenwords on
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • madimadi16
    madimadi16 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I`m truly sorry ,something was wrong with Forum,and it wouldn`t post ,and the next day I see my post on several spots.
    Post edited by madimadi16 on
  • madimadi16
    edited July 2018
    So it looks like i was spamming,but I had no idea what actually happened,and it appeared so many times.
  • madimadi16
    edited July 2018
    So I apologize once more,and please delete all this comments.Thank you
  • madimadi16
    edited July 2018
    madimadi-etherblade

6ywBIAx.png

• caroline#4909
    caroline#4909 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ice Pegasus
    PrincessCarol - Twilight Temple

BkaMIRb.jpg
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    A sledging we shall go

45085b32acf10b26b25b748aa5d4f1f2.jpg
    Only just noticed this event now so this is a basic version of the mount. If I was to do things up a bit more I would possibly use red as the sledge colour along with little bells, as well as maybe a couple presents on the ledge iself.

15aa93c37869fcbbaaad0c810555a1f0.jpg
    Had more time so did this up a little

Idle Movement
    Huskie sits (may howl) and occasionally lies down (may roll around a little)

During Movement
    If the slightly more festive version is wanted then bells may jiggle while on the move, as well as the faint patter of the huskies paws.

While the below links are unnecessary, I like to reference things for the future as a just incase need to refer back to.

Inspiration:

Sledge - https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g667560-d3747392-i90794048-Husky_Co-Saariselka_Lapland.html

Huskie - https://www.gettyimages.co.jp/detail/ニュース写真/musher-rides-on-his-sledge-harnessed-with-husky-dogs-ahead-of-ニュース写真/901815688#musher-rides-on-his-sledge-harnessed-with-husky-dogs-ahead-of-the-picture-id901815688

Werewolves - Dawnglory

Image Glitched so re added
    Post edited by werewolves#6809 on
  • cabbella
    cabbella Posts: 2 Arc User
    f4ecxso.png

Cuddly Cat
    Etherblade
  • dealer12333
    dealer12333 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Almiraj Tideswell

c4gJfmX.jpg