PWI War Avatar Plate - Star Deal "scam"?

gottastayhigh
gottastayhigh Posts: 42 Arc User
Hey Guys,

recently looked over the "Star"-Tab in the Botique.

I saw, that:

3*-People can buy 5 War Avatar Plates for 18 Gold - 4 * 18 would come up to 72 Gold for 20 Avatars
4*-People can buy 10 War Avatar Plates for 35 Gold - 2 * 35 would come up to 70 Gold for 20 Avatars
5*-People can buy 15 War Avatar Plates for 50 Gold - 1.33 * 50 would come up to 66.6 Gold for 20 Avatars
6*-People can buy 20 War Avatar Plates for 75 Gold - 1 * 75 would come up to 75 Gold for 20 Avatars

Am I seeing it right, that 6*-People pay way more for their Packs (If they would buy it from the 6*-Tab?)
Or are there any other benefits from having a 20* one...?

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Not sure if there's a specific benefit to getting the higher ones, but it seems a bit like the pricing for PWI is a bit off. PWCN tends to have their boutique items at much different prices because of currency and stuff and I guess when setting prices here they didn't check carefully enough.

Looking at the items on pwdatabase for the PWCN server it seems like the War Avatar Plates are 30 gold, 60 gold, 90 gold, and 120 gold respectively, which would make them all cost the same price for the same amount of S packs if the math is correct.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    this was posted like a year ago already and they never did anything about it.​​
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Yeah, I don't think they will care as the star is cash shopper boutique and not for the general player who might max charge occasionally.

If you want to get the 20 S packs, It's cheaper to buy the 5* (15 packs) and the 3* (5 packs).
    That is 68 gold compared to the 75 gold for the 6* (20 packs)
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • lordlionz
    lordlionz Posts: 29 Arc User
    do you think that peopel with 6 stars care? thats the whole points the peopel that already reached 6 stars they know they wont calculate and they wont check cos they don't care about money at all.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    lordlionz wrote: »
    do you think that peopel with 6 stars care? thats the whole points the peopel that already reached 6 stars they know they wont calculate and they wont check cos they don't care about money at all.

That's exactly why the cost for them is higher. PWI know if you cash to Star 6 then they'll charge you extra for things
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.