Small icons in-game...

maitto
maitto Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Support Desk
Hello!

So I just bought a new laptop, and installed PWI onto it.
I have windows 10, and a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Now, when I am in-game, everything; icons, words, chat, names, map, etc. Everything that's on the screen is small! With the exception of the world itself and characters. And no matter what resolution I choose, it all stays the same size.
I'm at a lose with how to fix this. Or is it even fixable? If anyone is familiar with this, help would be greatly appreciated! I really can't stand to play with everything being so small and hard to see.
Tagged:

Answers

• wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Not a expert or anything of the sorts, have u tried changing your desktop setting's?. Give it a shot 1600x900, if not take it down a lil bit more... Hope it works:D
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Hmm by any chance do you have *16:9 mode* check off on graphics setting through pwi launcher? ,that does make things a bit smaller.

If not try this, go into Settings(on your computer not app) - Display - Scale and layout and adjust those settings.
    Also your resolution at 1920x1080 desktop is fine that's what I use myself.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • maitto
    wettstyle wrote: »
    Not a expert or anything of the sorts, have u tried changing your desktop setting's?. Give it a shot 1600x900, if not take it down a lil bit more... Hope it works:D

I gave it a shot, and it worked! The only downside, is that it really takes down the crisp look of everything, naturally. :/
    But thanks for that advice!
  • maitto
    edited September 2017
    deceitsoul wrote: »
    Hmm by any chance do you have *16:9 mode* check off on graphics setting through pwi launcher? ,that does make things a bit smaller.

If not try this, go into Settings(on your computer not app) - Display - Scale and layout and adjust those settings.
    Also your resolution at 1920x1080 desktop is fine that's what I use myself.

I looked, and it's not checked.
    I also tried adjusting the scale settings, and I see how it might've helped, but it actually only enlarged everything on windows, not the game itself. :/

I don't understand why this would be happening. I have the proper resolution, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Also, whenever I do try to change the resolution from the patcher, not in-game, it tells me the 1920 x 1080 resolution is too high. But my screen is exactly that, so I don't know why it won't accept it.