The Server

So like I'm a bit worried about the server for a while now, there's very little forum action that happens anymore, and even less interaction from pwi staff aside from the patch notes, I'm glad there is still patches and notes coming in on the game, and I'm sure most people are aware that this game sooner or later is going to require a huge overhaul to stay alive, unless their intention is to end it (please don't q.q) back when it was one of few pwi's games I could understand why a overhaul wasn't possible, but now that pwi, or now ARC has multiple games that can support them, can't they afford to overhaul this game? or does the community not actually want that? I'm basically just making this post in order to find out the future plans for the game are, if they're open to the public about it, ofc saying that they're letting the game die would kill it all to fast and lose revenue or w.e how ever that stuff works, but something? :smile: thanks for reading I've been with pwi since almost it's beta it's been a long time, and I've seen friends come and go, new and old over and over, I'm bad at forum posts so hope I didn't upset anyone or anythign wierd without knowing it!

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Arc/PWE has no developers; they only publish the Perfect World game to the US. Wanmei (China) is where the developers are. Everything we get comes from them and although they sometimes answer our requests, we ultimately just get what China decides to give us.

There have been rumors of China working on a new game engine for PW but nothing was ever confirmed. PW is still big and profitable in China, but we don't know if they consider it worth upgrading to a new engine. They might be working on a new game instead, like Perfect World 3 or something.

​​
  • kierza#6609
    kierza#6609 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ah, well I guess that makes sense, I've tried to replace the game but seems I can't lol even newest mmo games just lack w.e it is pwi has
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I've tried a few other MMO games as they got released to the west, but they didn't keep my attention quite the same way PWI did. For all its faults, PWI is still a charming game to me. I'd love to see it get an engine upgrade and overhaul but yeah... it's possible they might choose to create a new version of the game instead and start anew. Alas, a new PW may not necessarily attract today's players like PWI did back then.​​