Best bang for your buck class?

nottunyx
nottunyx Posts: 11 Arc User
Just got back to pwi after many, many years of hiatus.

I was never really a hugely dedicated PKer way back then but at the moment i'm completely clueless about pvp what with the new skill,class, spirit system and nuema (srsly tf are those)

what's the best/most enjoyable class to play/PK/pvp nowadays with "ok"/mediocre gear (g16/r9+5-7 with non def/atk lv shards).??

Tagged:

Comments

• nottunyx
    Basically what class is the best to play/pvp with without having to sold your car in order to stand a chance?

for example i've been told wizards,seekers,barbs are among those classes that unless you can afford r9s3+12 with jades/deity you shouldn't even bother
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Any damage class you shouldn't bother unless you have a healthy kidney you don't need. Since you posted this in the PvP section, just make a Stormbringer. You'll spend the rest of your PWI time using 1 skill only, but at least it's so broken you deny at least 10 other people the ability to play the game.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Support classes are best choice when you are below the average in terms of gear.
    Cleric, veno, mystic, stormbringers would be my advice.
    Check out their glyphs too before you make a decision.
  • nottunyx
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Any damage class you shouldn't bother unless you have a healthy kidney you don't need. Since you posted this in the PvP section, just make a Stormbringer. You'll spend the rest of your PWI time using 1 skill only, but at least it's so broken you deny at least 10 other people the ability to play the game.
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Support classes are best choice when you are below the average in terms of gear.
    Cleric, veno, mystic, stormbringers would be my advice.
    Check out their glyphs too before you make a decision.

Really? i've been told in game by numerous people that DD classes (DB/SIN etc) are the way to go if you cant afford godly gears as they can still pwn people who outgear them/can still stand a chance in pk with mediocre gear.

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Well what pvp scale will you be doing? Small scale pk 5v5? Big scale TW 80v80?
    If you are looking into a bunch of 1v1s or low scale in general then yea sure db and sin are probably the best choice. They are both more of a 'solo class'.
    Personally i would not bother with a sin if you are looking for tw mainly and wont even have at least +12 weap or any good A card set, then i would pick one of the support classes i mentioned.
    db does well but needs more gear the higher pk scale from what i have seen, they are extremely frustrating to fight in low scale though.
    Its somewhat opposite as the veno or sb. Feels like you need more gear the lower the scale is, but need almost nothing in big scale to be useful.

Also theres your playstyle to think about as well.