PWI Forums- Make Thread/Discussion Maker have admin control over what other user post.

limit1#4879
limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
As the name suggest. make it like disqus where the owner can have censorship of what others post instead of waiting for the mods to control the situation. When people starts **** posting on your discussion u can't really do anything. u can get jailed/ban if u reply harshly and the flamer will get away with it.

Comments

• aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User
    As the name suggest. make it like disqus where the owner can have censorship of what others post instead of waiting for the mods to control the situation. When people starts **** posting on your discussion u can't really do anything. u can get jailed/ban if u reply harshly and the flamer will get away with it.
    There are merits and demerits to this, giving the user too much control over their own thread would allow them to limit the conversation yes - but it could also discourage constructive criticism or just general disagreement. If you make a thread just to hear your opinion echoed there's not much sense in having it I'd think. If someone flames you, you don't have to flame them back to defend or justify your viewpoint.

I do agree that a thread originator could have limited privileges to close their own thread, but that's about as far as I'd agree.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    If the OP of any thread has an issue with particular posts, or wished a thread to be closed, they can just use the report post link to send us a message. This is available not just to the OP, but to anyone who wishes to report a post or infraction.
    We will then review it, and take the appropriate actions.

Members being able to censor other members is not something you will likely see happen. That would be a bit out of control.
    You don't have to flame back, just report their post and we'll handle it.​​