Returned days pack + Homebound Joy pack

Options
dregenfox
dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
$200 on 2 packs to get a character that gets one-shot in DFSP.

SIGN ME UP!

In all seriousness, any veteran player won't spend the money on this, and any newbie that does is going to find out how much he got ripped off and just uninstall the game. I just don't see any positive upside from selling this pack.

Lionheart armor was relevant 7 years ago.

Should have just increased the price by a little bit, maybe $300, removed all the star chart + homestead stuff, and given a basic set of starter R9 gear.

Comments

• nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    To be fair, it does give you 6 A Chests so you'll have, theoretically, 6 a cards to use (unlikely but whatever). And if they did add r9 as part of the chest, it would drop the price of r9 by about $600 which is not something they want to do.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    To be fair, it does give you 6 A Chests so you'll have, theoretically, 6 a cards to use (unlikely but whatever). And if they did add r9 as part of the chest, it would drop the price of r9 by about $600 which is not something they want to do.

Base R9 is what? 7 years old now? I think in the interests of letting newbies catch up to vets so that they at least have a chance, they should give at least a small discount for introductory gear that's 7 years old.

Newbies are not going to shell out $5000 just to experience an endgame that they don't even know they like yet.

How many people are going to feel good about spending $800 just to get to a point where my mystic can 3-shot them with melee wand attacks?

PWI is still asking nearly full price for old content, which makes no sense from a business standpoint. There's a reason people can buy Witcher 2 for under $5 now.
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

Base R9 is what? 7 years old now? I think in the interests of letting newbies catch up to vets so that they at least have a chance, they should give at least a small discount for introductory gear that's 7 years old.

Newbies are not going to shell out $5000 just to experience an endgame that they don't even know they like yet.

How many people are going to feel good about spending $800 just to get to a point where my mystic can 3-shot them with melee wand attacks?

PWI is still asking nearly full price for old content, which makes no sense from a business standpoint. There's a reason people can buy Witcher 2 for under $5 now.

You know this, I know this, they don't know this lol.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I mentioned this in another thread already, but there is a cap to how low anything can go. CN has control over what will ultimately show up for players. I submit the schedules, they take a look at it and then if they have anything they want to see or not want to see, they will tell us and I usually I don't know what that cap is until I submit something that goes below it.

So, no, it's not a "we don't know this" sort of deal about old content, but rather that CN sets the bar. I can do alot of things for players and seen some surprising areas of flexibility, but pushing around the Cash Shop too much isn't one of them.