Dawnlight Halls possible workaround (?)

Options
Does anyone know if the Crystals to open doors inside DH expire when leaving instance? The item says that it disappears when player logs off, but nothing about leaving the instance.

If they don't disappear, it would be possible that 4 people each enter a different instance, dig the chest, pick a crystal, then squad up and all enter the same instance. That way they would have 4 crystals total for each door to run the full instance. Although that would mean wasting a key (unless you use alts and trade the crystals to your main). Has anyone tried anything like this? Just an idea that popped into my head fox-39.gif
​​
BfYIUJc.png
☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    We tried that already. They poof when you leave the instance.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    Ahh damn =/ well there goes my excitement. Thanks for the confirmation monkey-44.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I thought you were onto something and then I was sad.

CN says they're supposed to drop from the boss itself so you can continue, but that isn't happening as far as I'm aware. They want us to check again today, but we'll probably get no different answer yesterday than today. It's been bugged and is a known issue, so we should hopefully get a fix soon!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey @kalystconquerer#0876 it's not something to do with the map progress is it? Guess not but exploring options here would make an interesting mec if it was. I can't believe this would work for PWCN n not for us or broken with PWCN and they have not fixed it for us.
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    is the way to get more entrys broken as well?
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    @updownleftrighty It's not broken, the 5 keys we got the first time were just a one time thing. After the first phase is unlocked on map, there is a new pink chain and you can start getting 1 key daily after you finish the chain. Same as UP.​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    I did wonder. O can't believe it was broken from PWCNs working version.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    I did wonder. O can't believe it was broken from PWCNs working version.

The video of Dawnlight Halls posted in another thread does hint that the boss drops some sort of item to open doors. The devs even stated that a key is supposed to drop.

Either the devs don't know what items drop from their own game, or they're unable to conduct proper QC on one of their main instances in the expansion. Neither really inspires much condifence...
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    I was enjoying the new quest line, then it had me go in DH to confront the boss and I finally found something I couldn't solo. I assume after that you get the quest to get more keys?
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    I was able to get an additional feather today after finishing the quest line. I'm not sure if DH is fully enabled now though.​​
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    I've done a run yesterday and nothing changed from what i could see. Deicide and Judgement modes were still unavailable and couldn't find any extra crystals to open the other doors. I didn't notice if the boss did drop anything like that, but then again i didn't pay close attention so if that would be the case, i must have missed it

@koudelkamorgan yeah the chain finishes a little bit after you kill that boss, though technically it isn't in DH, the NPC that gives the quest has an option to teleport in a room where the boss is but it isn't the actual DH boss
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • isellcats
    isellcats Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    Unfortunately a lot of players are confusing the boss from the pink chain quest with the actual Dawnlight Halls boss. Yeah sure the name is the same but it doesn't take much to notice the difference of 'power' because for one the chain quest boss is quite soloable and does nothing at all other than paralyze you shortly. Also the chain quest boss can be aps-ed so that's kind of a dead giveaway. Killing it won't count for your BH, it simply completes the chain quest and ofc it drops nothing. Nonetheless this confuses players to think that DH instance is fully functional after the boundary break, but it's not.

Unless it's something boundary related this instance will most likely require a patch to fix.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is really getting old. D-UP is still broken, we still can't get G17 mats from x-server tourney, and can't farm anything in the new instance. Core content is still broken a year after release.

But we increased the coin cap in AH to 1 billion! How cool is that! Now you can spam AH with massive buy orders! And we added even more ways to obtain a bunch of big notes!

How long until we can actually farm DH instance? Two years? Never?