Balance

Options
luckycut
luckycut Posts: 46 Arc User
Several weeks ago i asked pwi thur the ticket system . To find me any person who can throw a knife as far as one can shoot a bow? Only here in pwi is where this can happen? where a sin's range to throw a knife is equal to any archer? Why does this sound so wrong since I play both classes. Its just one of the things i have noticed about the game that is completely Out of balance. I am sure people have noticed different things about different classes that seem odd an not right. How does pwi get back to a balanced game between the classes?

Comments

• torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    Options
    luckycut wrote: »
    where a sin's range to throw a knife is equal to any archer?

Since when does Knife Throw have as much range as an archer? Also, there's such a thing as throwing knives in real life, which can be thrown pretty far, to be fair.
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • luckycut
    luckycut Posts: 46 Arc User
    Options
    compared to a bow an arrow you better think on that awhile
  • setexample
    setexample Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    I think the issue of balance needs to be discussed as game is becoming more pvp with the introduction of arena, Thursday night event and so on.

Firstly I would like to say I am not trying to make my class more than what it is or trying to complain about my class but it is clear that certain classes are more favoured by pwi than others. I guess you can argue they are ‘’simply trying to make money’’ and by buffing up certain classes beyond belief people will use them. This is ridiculous, a person who has been playing a certain class for years and worked hard or spent money on it will of course be better. How is it justifiable to buff up a class to make them better than more geared toon?

I have been with pwi many years and I have put up with so many hurtful changes by pwi I can’t even begin to imagine if any other game went through so many things like this I would still be loyal. Nevertheless I still stuck around and carried on having my fun with the people in the game. It is the people in this game that makes this game good, not the game itself or the people who run this game blindly (world chat nerf more like make the game dead, it’s easy to block spammers why force this on rest) anyways back to point.

I can put up with all but when it comes to this issue of balance I don’t think I can sit idly by and say nothing, after all I spent many years playing my toon and I have certain attachment to this class, I am not going to simply role another class just because its better, not going to spend money on something because I have no trust in pwi. The implication of this, “let me spell it out for pwi so they can get it through their thick skulls,” I am not going to spend money on my old class because pwi don’t care about it and I am not going to use/spend money on the class they want me to use/spend money on because that class is not me, it’s not my style. Also I am not going to spend years making that toon good. It takes only few days to level a character in many other games and make it competitive and fun to play in only few weeks without spending tons. Why should I bother with a game where game creators don’t care about the vast majority of their community? What this will do is make old players stop spending money and ultimately will lead to end of the game as not many new players coming in, game feels dead already even with new expansion.

Furthermore with introduction of G17 weapon makes the whole thing 10x worse, so now every class can purge in an instant or every class can do what the other class can do. You play a certain class because of the unique ability that class possesses, if the other class can do the same on top of what they have already it makes certain class completely worthless. So now it is very clear that my class is nothing but trash not because I lack skills or gear. It is simply because pwi has no balance.

Lastly I would like to say, I tried not naming any class to only speak for balance but we all know. If you love this game just as much as I do please speak up or we will lose this game sooner rather than later, even if this game is the flagship of this company. Slowly the remaining people will move away and it will be boring to keep playing this game with just few people here and there with endless alts.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    This game is not truly designed for 1 v 1 gameplay. Our skill sets are designed to compliment/support teammates. The power is achieved by working together.

G17 is farmable which means everyone gets it the same way. Hard persistent work.

Besides I can purge with any weapon so that is a non issue for me at least.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Options
    Would love to sit in on The boss meetings and read them books!!

• shag1991
    shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    Well let me add something about my main class, i hate how bms are considered crowd control yet as you progress we lose not 1 but 2 aoe axe skills when axe are our main weapons shouldnt we have more aoe skills. Also we used to be known for our stuns but other classes outdo us with this. we only have 1 aoe stun with our main weps. As for as im concern since our damage gets nerfed atleast allow us to do real crowd controlling. I really think the old classes need more attention the first three races have been forgotten.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »
    This game is not truly designed for 1 v 1 gameplay. Our skill sets are designed to compliment/support teammates. The power is achieved by working together.

G17 is farmable which means everyone gets it the same way. Hard persistent work.

Besides I can purge with any weapon so that is a non issue for me at least.

Especially with this new update..the game is more balanced for 1v1 and small-scale PvP then it ever was. You just gotta ignore Sins..because..the damage is just hilarious. Other then that, even with dbs, its pretty equal now. Not particularly on selfbuffs, but you can increase the amount of buffs depending on your enemy class to make it more fair.
    shag1991 wrote: »
    Well let me add something about my main class, i hate how bms are considered crowd control yet as you progress we lose not 1 but 2 aoe axe skills when axe are our main weapons shouldnt we have more aoe skills. Also we used to be known for our stuns but other classes outdo us with this. we only have 1 aoe stun with our main weps. As for as im concern since our damage gets nerfed atleast allow us to do real crowd controlling. I really think the old classes need more attention the first three races have been forgotten.

BMs are totally fine in any regard. This class is still very, very powerful in small-scale, massive-scale and 1v1-PvP. Damage for BMs was never nerfed. Quite to opposite with the recent update. Due to the neccesity to have more dex to now miss every 2nd hit a BM has lower base damage than other classes, yes, but that doesnt mean that they dont deal damage. The amount of Chi the new Skills+ Glyphs enable BMs to have literally allows us to spam HF all the time in tow with all those fancy CC-Skills.
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options
    luckycut wrote: »
    Several weeks ago i asked pwi thur the ticket system . To find me any person who can throw a knife as far as one can shoot a bow? Only here in pwi is where this can happen? where a sin's range to throw a knife is equal to any archer? Why does this sound so wrong since I play both classes. Its just one of the things i have noticed about the game that is completely Out of balance. I am sure people have noticed different things about different classes that seem odd an not right. How does pwi get back to a balanced game between the classes?

Sooo you try to apply logic of real life here, eh? Okay...lets see. Barbs and Venos are animals with the ability to talk and can transfrom into some kind of human form. They have to remove them from the game because that doesnt make any sense. A cat or a dog should just be able to hunt mice and bugs. Please, remove the rest of the skills and make
    them more realistic because this game is unplayable!
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    Options
    The main thing throwing the game off balance at the moment is a sin's ability to stealth while carrying the flag with their ulti.
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade