All star teams

blazerboy
blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
I'm sure we have all seen many china videos about the new arena we will be getting and have seen other post about leading classes on PWCN but our game is slightly diff for ex as sins are way more rediculous and Archers are still powerful there. Anyways curious to hear what other people have to say and why. So my question is in what order in terms of classes do you think our version will stack leaderboards. Also what team would you choose for 3v3 or 6v6 and why : 3

*Yes we all know duskblades and sins will be strong but give a list and in order and maybe describe why.
105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
http://mypers.pw/5/#258958

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I would honestly go Sin, DB and veno for 3vs3. There is some sort of timer before match starts and you can SoD making purge pretty valuable.

6vs6 I would go Veno, Cleric, BM, Sin, DB and whatever really for 6th. I would like mag DD for killing HAs but in the era of def charms, dunno if there is a class which works really well around those w/o archer burning them with blazing arrow for them. Then again this comp wouldnt need mag DD to kill HAs as the demon veno can just proc ironwood when everything else is dead on locked HA for physical dmg to 1shot said HA.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    always db, sin, veno, cleric, SB for 3vs3, 6vs6
    (if db and sin have purge G17, much better. want veno amp, CC, 0phy is lucky thing though. want cleric sleep and SoG two opponents, especially in 3vs3)

the rest 1 for 6vs6, still want DD. maybe archer or psy.

the major problem for barb, bm, mysit, seeker, their dps is not good.

the key for winning in the arena is taking down ppl ASAP. Don't really need a tank class.

if u check rank in pwcn, things basically are like that..... too much classes bias in arena....

I hope pwcn devs can make classes balance better for arena pvp in may/June new big update.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2017
    They get their next big update so soon? We about to get a major update and they already there shesh @attackerv agreed mystic would still be nice for those epic heals and the herb that will give chi. But yes classes with DPS will be at a disadvantage. I am hoping the event is 24hr cross server it would gimp too many Americans if 12hr EU time
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    It would honestly be fine if it was noon to midnight on eastern time. This would allow Europeans to get their battles done in the evening and would also allows western players to have time to do their battles w/o the arena closing too early for them. But we`ll know more soon when more sneak peaks come out, I would imagine this info would be given to us when its time to peak into the arena.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    attackerv wrote: »

the major problem for barb, bm, mysit, seeker, their dps is not good.

There really isn't anything skill-wise that would restrict a mystic's damage, especially after glyph changes. Well, besides the fact that most build defensively because melee love to pile into them.

NV does pretty much the same damage as gush, and glyph 5 absorb does the same as crit blade tempest while having easier def charm bypass.

Myself I'm using a chart with 0 pen and 0 magic attack upgrades, with just base magic attack cards so my damage is low atm, but I'll probably change that for the arena and go full offensive for a change. There's just not much to gain in pvp tanking people without having any damage pressure.

There's only 1 skill each on wiz/psy that really enables them to DPS better in pvp, and that's Distance Shrink and Soul of Silence.

In pve it's SS.

I think the main issue is, why bring any DPS class when you can just bring another veno and get free 0 def kills and purge pressure, or DB for perma-CC?

Post edited by dregenfox on
  • blazerboy
    Honestly 24hr is best ultimately and hope it's cross server. I don't think individually some servers will have enough competitive ppl if it wasn't cross server and if it's cross server at EU 12pm to midnight on DA most players will have 2-3hrs MAX to get battles and points before reset since we get off in about that time space before reset kinda **** us while EU have well over double that. East or even west wouldn't be too bad please for once get it right in nearly two years...
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I would start my 3v3 team with a cleric. The basic buffs are very good at eliminating (or making them way less effective) simple and cheap combos that involve undine strike or tangling mire. Aside from buffing their job would be to focus on single target crowd control, mostly for defensive purposes. Because having 33% of your team focus purely on defense isn't good the cleric will also have a side-job of dealing damage. Since its just a side-job I'll add their damage purely to a burst combo.

To enable this burst combo I will use an archer (target caller) to use Thunder Shock to enable both his and the clerics metal damage. I would top off the burst with a veno, simply to purge so the burst is actually lethal.

Since 1 burst combo isn't good enough to win I want the veno to be demon, after using the metal burst on a target the archer picks a seperate target to attempt a 0 pdef kill. The cleric doesn't need to contribute to this and can focus on their defensive duties for this second combo.

A side-job for the veno is also to use their single target CC for defensive duties, the archer will use his for offensive causes.

In the very rare moments that the veno can land a demon nova on all 3 opponents she can immediately use her ulti after, the archer can use frost splash (I actually dont know if that + blazing arrow removes all def charms, but lets assume it does), and right as the purge from the ulti hits the cleric drops the biggest Tempest ever, blowing up the entire arena.

Pretty well balanced team, enough CC, good defense, 2 seperate kill combos with very cheap and low cooldown skills as well as a big AoE.

The update comes, Arena is released. Day number 1.

Me and my friends enter our first battle, our opponent is a team from Dawnglory: Team Circlejerk. Its 3 sins, all named Joe. We're confused, 3 sins, thats against the rules! But there's no time, the battle just started! Despite that there is absolutely no movement in the arena, because the real battle has only just began, the sins starting PMing my members, challenging them to 1v1s. I feel highly confident they wont accept tho, but I forgot... the new update gave sins the ability to cause paralysis, brain-paralysis. We all accept the 1v1 challenges and the archer is quickly taken out, the cleric ends up getting ganked as well as the veno.

Winner: Team Circlejerk

After this loss we disbanded our team, only to never enter Arena ever again, instead we retire to the PWI forums, and spend the rest of our days spamming the forums in completely unrelated posts about how important 1v1 is, and how overpowered assassins are.

I guess China is a completely different game after all.
    - picks the first 3 1v1 classes that come to mind - /s
    Post edited by dingo488 on