Basic Badge player vote shop.

valdisman
valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
I highly doubt that any one player voted to have basic badges go into the boutique. I am also really surprised you are still trying to charge people for 100% mob drops which are very easily obtained.

I assume this charging for f2p 100% drops, constant server crashes and huge staff layoffs mean PWI are on some serious hard times about now?
#kylehawkinsuck
Moonshine drinker
In a world of 10s, be an 11.

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    I highly doubt that any one player voted to have basic badges go into the boutique. I am also really surprised you are still trying to charge people for 100% mob drops which are very easily obtained.

I assume this charging for f2p 100% drops, constant server crashes and huge staff layoffs mean PWI are on some serious hard times about now?

No?! Having basic badges in the boutique can potentially save hours and hours for some people. Sure, the prices til now are just ridiculous but the idea is great. If they would land at 2 gold for 20 pcs then I would never enter WS again for re-rolling purposes and I would be very, very happy. Even at my personal best speed I need approx 90 minutes to farm 20 badges incl. opening WS and waiting on the timer.

I don't really have to tell you what kind of money the average person earn in 90 minutes aka even 10 gold for 20 pcs would be ok following that logic. Anything that saves time is golden and appreciated.
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Anything that saves time is golden and appreciated.

Anything that saves time via boutique is simply a blow against the "F2P"

Let's be realistic, I haven't been around long but I know its mostly a pay2win game.
    Badges is pretty much one of the only things worth farming.

If you gonna make everything available in the boutique, might as well just compare your bank accounts.
    (Anything that saves time is golden and appreciated)

But yeah, I guess it shows that people would vote for it.
  • unluckygecko
    unluckygecko Posts: 39 Arc User
    I don't really have to tell you what kind of money the average person earn in 90 minutes aka even 10 gold for 20 pcs would be ok following that logic. Anything that saves time is golden and appreciated.

That's a very generous use of the word average.
  • jsxshadow

Even tho I was low-balling that very much it's really devastating for some to realize what the top 80% of each country earn compared to the low 20% (in terms of income).

@wildz I fully farmed 5 r9 chars and trust me..after running several THOUSAND (literally) WS over the years then you will naturally lose interest in it. I've done enough, more than most F2P Players will ever do or get. Back in the day I dislikes Cash-Shopper alot. Like Alot Alot. Nowadays, when evaluating my time in coordination with family and work, I tend to drop some bucks on the game too. I just wanna pvp. If I can achieve a PvP-ready state faster with my new R9 chars then I will do that, naturally :D
  • uglyfaceyo
    uglyfaceyo Posts: 18 Arc User
    I voted for Basic Badges.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    wildz2 wrote: »
    Anything that saves time is golden and appreciated.

Anything that saves time via boutique is simply a blow against the "F2P"

Let's be realistic, I haven't been around long but I know its mostly a pay2win game.
    Badges is pretty much one of the only things worth farming.

If you gonna make everything available in the boutique, might as well just compare your bank accounts.
    (Anything that saves time is golden and appreciated)

But yeah, I guess it shows that people would vote for it.

F2P implies you don't have to pay to create an account and keep it, but if you want to be competitive you have to pay to win, be the payment with real money or time farming/scamming. Free power does not exist.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    I am also really surprised you are still trying to charge people for 100% mob drops which are very easily obtained.

I have to agree. What does surprise me more is that they put the basic badge that is actually super easy to get, but still refuse to put the r9 weapon molds which it is actually the only hard to get item there.

I guess the only thing that justify those badges there is for someone who is extremely rich and want to do multiple rolls.
    But if someone think that they can get insta r9s3 with no warsong at all... well even if a person get all the badges by the store, it will still need to get the molds and since those are random drop, only options are to buy from someone else on ground or to actually do warsong. And if person does warsong for the molds, he will get badges for free. :D
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    @jsxshadow Why spend 90mins in WS when can farm Lunars for them? I'm sage vit sin and it takes me roughly 10mins to do a full run and that's 3 badges. Plus there is the small profit of any Tinder drops..

I do get what you're saying though about people who have done so many WS / Lunars for rerolls etc. My point was that they are charging for drops that are 100% drop rate and easy to get. I have the same opinion on active points / stones.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Even tho I was low-balling that very much it's really devastating for some to realize what the top 80% of each country earn compared to the low 20% (in terms of income).

@wildz I fully farmed 5 r9 chars and trust me..after running several THOUSAND (literally) WS over the years then you will naturally lose interest in it. I've done enough, more than most F2P Players will ever do or get. Back in the day I dislikes Cash-Shopper alot. Like Alot Alot. Nowadays, when evaluating my time in coordination with family and work, I tend to drop some bucks on the game too. I just wanna pvp. If I can achieve a PvP-ready state faster with my new R9 chars then I will do that, naturally :D

Oh ok, so you did it, now you're bored, so i cant do it.

Yeah sure.
    Why not.

@Zent:
    Nowhere did I say "Competitive".
    I'm realistic.

But taking away everything that has a any value for someone free playing is simply taking the game away.

I'm full G16, everything i can farm, you can buy directly from your credit card.
    (Therefor pretty much no sell value no matter the work involved)

So now what?

Uninstall?
  • uglyfaceyo
    uglyfaceyo Posts: 18 Arc User
    ... My point was that they are charging for drops that are 100% drop rate and easy to get. ...

How is that a problem? Those who don't want to pay will do WS, those who don't want to do WS will pay. What's wrong with that?

• jsxshadow
    wildz2 wrote: »

Oh ok, so you did it, now you're bored, so i cant do it.

Yeah sure.
    Why not.

@Zent:
    Nowhere did I say "Competitive".
    I'm realistic.

But taking away everything that has a any value for someone free playing is simply taking the game away.

I'm full G16, everything i can farm, you can buy directly from your credit card.
    (Therefor pretty much no sell value no matter the work involved)

So now what?

Uninstall?

The way Badges are priced atm you should be happy. Because no matter for how much people sold rerolling services for..nowhere near was it as expansive as PWI selling those badges in the shop. They merely gave an opportunity for people to sell the badges based on a price-guideline.

Also, no one is keeping you from running WS. Besides, you cannot sell badges to people that wanna craft/reforge their r9 gears hence you are limited to G16 Vana anyways. Even if they would sell 20 badges for 2 gold each you still wouldn't lose any money cause as far as I am concerned a 20 badge, G16 weap reroll is 5m max. At least thats what they take on Dawnglory.

You can start worrying/Complaining once they go below that. This will never happen tho.

@Everyone. Please. I urge you. Before commenting, before raging, before doing anything out of your norm. Sit down. Chill. Relax. Think about the final consequences for yourself. If it doesn't bother you nor change anything that is even remotely related to you then please don't say anything at all. This way you can save yourself alot of stress and trouble. No harm done.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    The voting period actually ended up "extending" the sale on this item an extra week. Due to that, I may put them on an "exhaust" period and keep them out for a bit. If we start seeing more noticeable drops elsewhere in the overall health of the market that isn't attributed to other factors, we can definitely take another pulse check and see if this item is worth keeping around as a sale item. Basic Badges have been around the shop since last year, so this wasn't a recent development.

For server crashes, I've sent off emails about it not just to our engineers but to our CN ones to see if they can pinpoint the cause, especially since it's been aggressively happening on Etherblade recently (though I've noticed we've had other servers hit).