Nation War Broken

No one else seems to be talking up but who is nation war really geared towards? In a match up 1 vs 30 and that 1 person wins and not die proves there is a great issue where balancing is concerned. i am fully Rank 9 and yet i still dont stand a chance in nation war. The mere fact that this is allowed in the game takes away from the actual solid gameplay as the game becomes more gear dependent rather than towards skills and proper timing, Just a suggestion, why not balance everyone's spirit + gear level onces they get ported into NW.

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    No one else seems to be talking up but who is nation war really geared towards? In a match up 1 vs 30 and that 1 person wins and not die proves there is a great issue where balancing is concerned. i am fully Rank 9 and yet i still dont stand a chance in nation war. The mere fact that this is allowed in the game takes away from the actual solid gameplay as the game becomes more gear dependent rather than towards skills and proper timing, Just a suggestion, why not balance everyone's spirit + gear level onces they get ported into NW.

Yea, how about we give the G15 player that farmed his gear in 2-3 months the same power like the r999+12 with and everything else maxed that nedeed years to get there?
    giphy.gif

• mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    This is the situation with most aging mmo's. Lot's of players usually have had years head start if they are pulling off what the op mentioned.
    Also take into consideration just because a map has 30 people usually never means all 30 people are actively trying to win that battle.
  • iw8ing4u
    iw8ing4u Posts: 37 Arc User
    my problom with NW is that to many ppl put afk alts that only jump maps and drain the points from the ppl that fight and win maps for the nation.... game should close the option to log into NW from same IP the 2nd 3rd 4th.... if game will let only 1 enter from the same IP in NW it will do great service for balance the NW also.... couse all this afk alts and map jumpers that enter realy affect the balance of nations.... 1 enter from each IP Pls Ty.
  • iw8ing4u
    iw8ing4u Posts: 37 Arc User
    well... as i see it game start when u RB2 100... till then its warm up... and sometimes in NW you need to be smart and not look for the PvP... i remmber as lvl 70 i looked for maps i can steal the win... and even now when i see im on the line of xTW factions OP squads i dodge them... couse i understand my ok mid power R9 squad will not even make them lose time and i prefer make points for nation by win maps i CAN win. yep... "normal" R9 have nothing to sell VS the heavy $ OP players with nuema portal sets and 8x32 spirit gems in belt neck all refine +12 and all armor sockets +3 gems with auto pots and star 20.00 and such... but VS other mid power R9 of +8-10 normal gems normal cards normal star players? its a fight... and there skill matters... i will say one more thing... game HAVE to lift roof all the time or ppl reach roof and have nowhere to progress will leave game... i joined PWI couse i wanted game that never end... ppl that dont want to play years and want to max and "finish" "win" "end" game in few months should look for other game... all point in PWI is that it take years to progress... and YES if you want to "short" "cut" the time need for it or want to be OP and that even other OP ppl will have hard life to kill you in 1Vs1 PvP be will to pay and alot.
  • eaglestorm
    eaglestorm Posts: 46 Arc User
    Personally my only problem with nation wars is the time it is on, some of us cannot be up at 3.30 am for a 4.20 am start. Surely it is possible to have one NW geared for US time zones and one for European time zones per week? And before anyone says go to euro server, I have been playing since 2008 and until they bring it in where we can change servers and take our toons with us it just is not happening :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    As above.

That's a constant battle PWCN does not have this problem so both options are not on the cards. PWE needs to push this.
  • assasin30#2740
    assasin30#2740 Posts: 15 Arc User
    why on earth i got 7k score and had 0 tokens,i don't understand
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User

NW has always been weird like that. You spend 10 minutes battling, have little points and get tokens.
    You spend 2 hours hammering at enemies, have loads of points, and get nothing.

I think it happens if your nation is losing and there's a big difference between you and 3rd place.
    Someone could confirm this?
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    I know you need to have 5 minutes of fighting time. If you don't want to pvp just go to a couple capture the flag battles and hit the npc. For someone to cap both flags with out resistance would still take 3 minutes or so. Then after just try for objectives, caputre the flag, attack the towers, dig the crystals. To get tokens in any nation I think you would want to reach for 10k contribution, afterall how well a nation does reflects how many tokens out of the main number that whole nation would get and in turn said tokens get divided up ( by contribution points) amongst the players.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    the only way to play a event like TW,xTW,NW is to cash shop hardcore to be able to enjoy it and to have equal battles and not get hit for dmg 25000 when your +10 g16 weapon only hits them at 800.To be honest gear should never EVER have to be shopped and should always have been in game such as g16.

could you imagine this type stuff in a FPS game,you all would call hacks since they basicly buying OP weapon/gear,but then again most here would probably but third party hacks to play a FPS game that takes actual skill instead of auto bot tabbing to next players and stuff right lol?

The r9 ring that shouldn't even need cash materials to make when in the past rank lvls you have to trade the current rank ring in to get the next....

lol PW your genius in grabbing those sheep lol

Why the F** are you comparing this to an FPS? Can you imagine FPS one-shot and twitch-aim mechanics in an RPG MMO like PWI or WoW?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »
    teabagg wrote: »
    the only way to play a event like TW,xTW,NW is to cash shop hardcore to be able to enjoy it and to have equal battles and not get hit for dmg 25000 when your +10 g16 weapon only hits them at 800.To be honest gear should never EVER have to be shopped and should always have been in game such as g16.

could you imagine this type stuff in a FPS game,you all would call hacks since they basicly buying OP weapon/gear,but then again most here would probably but third party hacks to play a FPS game that takes actual skill instead of auto bot tabbing to next players and stuff right lol?

The r9 ring that shouldn't even need cash materials to make when in the past rank lvls you have to trade the current rank ring in to get the next....

lol PW your genius in grabbing those sheep lol

Why the F** are you comparing this to an FPS? Can you imagine FPS one-shot and twitch-aim mechanics in an RPG MMO like PWI or WoW?

I can imagine assassin having stealth kills like Lara Croft in ROTTR. Or an archer with a compound bow like her.
    giphy.gif

• dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2017

You need a minimum of 10 minutes of a complete map to avoid getting 0 tokens. This means if you always jump maps and never stay until the end of the map then you may not meet this requirement. The best way is to play on one or multiple maps until the very end and then the time you played will be added to the 10 minute playtime requirement. If you play on multiple maps until the end then you should easily combine the times and past the 10 minute requirement. That's why you see alts afk on some maps and hop around within seconds maps on other maps. Leaving a map before it finishes will not add any time at all to this requirement but you will still earn personal contribution for it.

Also you have to score a certain amount of contribution relative to your nation's contribution overall. Let's say if you score 4000 and your nation did bad then you may get rewards that time, but if you score 4000 and your nation did good then you may not get rewards because maybe you need 6000 to get rewards.