Implement more ways to obtain Inkdragon's bloods please

Options
terrabyte
terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
Currently the only way to get Inkdragon's bloods is resource wars so anyone who cant be on at that specific time on wednesday or thursday is at a disadvantage for PK, NW, TW,and xTW.

Figured i would post this since there seems to be a positive thread for barbaric bloods going on with a GM seeming like they actually want to help for once.

Comments

• patupapa
    patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    U used to be able to get them from Invitation Scrolls from referal program, as well!
    (If u have packs banked, ofc)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    @terrabyte to obtain these coveted buffs (Inkdragon's Blood and Ancient Gift - I tend to see these discussions keep them hand in hand) Invitation Scrolls will either need to be given out like they were before, or have the buffs pieced out of the item itself. I tried to get the buffs whitelisted but they somehow didn't make it on, so I'll have to try again in the future. The Scrolls were on the list for a short time, but the promo was killed early. If we give Scrolls out in the future, we will need to change the quantity or the duration of such a giveaway or not have it run alongside Wukong (which might have triggered something).
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @terrabyte to obtain these coveted buffs (Inkdragon's Blood and Ancient Gift - I tend to see these discussions keep them hand in hand) Invitation Scrolls will either need to be given out like they were before, or have the buffs pieced out of the item itself. I tried to get the buffs whitelisted but they somehow didn't make it on, so I'll have to try again in the future. The Scrolls were on the list for a short time, but the promo was killed early. If we give Scrolls out in the future, we will need to change the quantity or the duration of such a giveaway or not have it run alongside Wukong (which might have triggered something).

Any chance of activating only returning warrior by itself for a week? I think it would make sense since holiday season is coming up and a new expansion was just released, so we're going to have some players coming back to the game.
  • terrabyte
    Options
    I dont care about the ancient gifts i see no reason people cant just do a few more weeks of dailies for vitae or exp.

My point is that if someones schedule prevents them from being able to attend resource wars there is no other way for them to obtain inkdragon's bloods which puts them at a disadvantage in TW, xTW, NW.

I dont think it makes sense that some who cant be on during a short window of time on wednesday or thursday should at a disadvantge for friday, saturday, and sundays major events.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    terrabyte wrote: »
    I dont care about the ancient gifts i see no reason people cant just do a few more weeks of dailies for vitae or exp.

My point is that if someones schedule prevents them from being able to attend resource wars there is no other way for them to obtain inkdragon's bloods which puts them at a disadvantage in TW, xTW, NW.

I dont think it makes sense that some who cant be on during a short window of time on wednesday or thursday should at a disadvantge for friday, saturday, and sundays major events.

You wish it was couple of weeks. Its gonna take literally 50% longer on a project, which is gonna take least 3 months. So people without ancient gifts get to grind dailies for their boundary levels well into next year while the ones with gifts might be done in January. Of course I am discounting people who abused old pink quests, were massive drake hunters and so on. Granted if you didnt farm your bloods beforehand, you are stuck doing some primal quests a long period of time anyways.

I do agree we really need inkdragons to be accessible with other means but saying like ancient gifts arent similarly massive is pretty silly.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • unluckygecko
    unluckygecko Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    Another way then the returning warrior event would be nice. I for one don't have a full fl of inactives and I really don't feel like filling it up with alts just to be able to farm it. Seems like such a stupid way of doing things. Adding both as a reward from some dailys would be a better idea imo.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 - Did running alongside Wukong cause problems? And is there any chance of that event coming back? I could REALLY use a way to +6 a bunch of items on my alt account. My main account has a good stash of those items, but since a lot of stuff is bound these days...
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @greenfire312 If you're talking about the Invitation Scrolls- it was the quantity of scrolls, how long we were running the giveaway code and the amount of players redeeming it that raised a flag. A "Perfect Storm" if you will. Invite a Friend does sort of encourage inactivity by inadvertently rewarding players for having darkened friendslist.

For Wukong, unless CN says otherwise, can be brought back with the event times on the backend changed. It's not in the calendar for this year, but we can look into it for the 2017 cycle.
  • terrabyte
    Options
    Of course no one wants to grind and yes ancient gifts for all would be great.

But my thread was specifically about the Inkdragon's because if someone wants to NW on friday xtw saturday NW on sunday that could use up 6 inkdragons right there +TW if its not a no show. Meaning even invitation scrolls won't provide enough with out RW.

Ideally we need a method seperate from the invitations scrolls all together.

Possibly a lucky coin/token of luck trading option
  • thetoastplanter
    thetoastplanter Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    @greenfire312 If you're talking about the Invitation Scrolls- it was the quantity of scrolls, how long we were running the giveaway code and the amount of players redeeming it that raised a flag. A "Perfect Storm" if you will. Invite a Friend does sort of encourage inactivity by inadvertently rewarding players for having darkened friendslist.
    Yeah, the only ones I ever got were from that one code and a few times I spammed an inactive alt of my wife's. :P If I'm being honest, I'm one of those people who can't bear the thought of spamming actual inactive friends' emails. It's the same mindset that led me and a good number of others to create dummy Facebook accounts back when that was the only way to get Jones blessings.

It really adds another argument for bringing Inkdragons' back in another source... I mean, yes, you can farm RW for them but it's kind of not worth it given the cost in soldiers' pay. But just thinking of the limited ways that PWE can give us some... maybe a code? Limit it to a specific quantity and only allow it to be redeemed once a month? I mean, I'd prefer a reasonable in-game farming method, but given that most of those would have to go through the devs, I'm trying to be realistic here.

And yes - please slot in Wukong again sometime in 2017. :D
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options

For Wukong, unless CN says otherwise, can be brought back with the event times on the backend changed. It's not in the calendar for this year, but we can look into it for the 2017 cycle.

You could manually spawn it, but you'll need to make sure CN has the quests activated, then spawn the NPC's and the event ID. It's a bit tedious, but should work fine using the GM commands.
    Easier to just edit the calendar to do it, and that could be set during any patch cycle. There's loads of events that have just been left to rot because they were only coded to fire once in the calendar.
    Someone should probably take a look at them. Especially with the holidays coming.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    There are some events they won't touch because its "too old" or "will mess with other parts of the code" (Reasons given to me at least) So things like the old Christmas event, coded to only be able to run for that year, will most likely be left untouched by CN for it being too "old". Or, events not being allowed to be run more than once, and to continue trying to push the envelope may not work (like the Treasure Trove Anni event, pushed to its limits the second year it was ran). I've already punched in all the Christmas events for this calendar year, though Thanksgiving was definitely more sparse than I'd like. Newsposts should go up in a few days, but I might make a forum and FB preliminary posting so people know what's happening.

Some events have not been touched for one reason or another - all that really has to be done is to check that they function (ask for backend date changes, test to confirm event doesn't break, etc.) and patch them in.

On topic - I hope CN is passing down some more in-game events in the next expansion that we can run without patches, especially ones that will include Inkdragon's Blood/Ancient Gift or other buff's that players will find useful.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Options
    Everyone so easily skips the most obvious. I think everyone can agree that we need more rewards for xtw dragonlord coins. After buying both mounts, npcing one and get 1 free 2hr charm to use in xtw I have an excess of 6k dragonlord coins with nothing to use on. Add it to xtw rewards so we can use our coins on "something".