So what is going to happen with the Althea Promo now?

splendideyes
splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
lets be real, something went entirely wrong here. apparently the dataload of the previous Astrid Promo somehow made it into the Althea promo and everyone that was eligible for the 150 gold and 1200 gold reward last time, directly received the current 150 gold/ 1200 gold reward, without spending anything.

i also belong to the people that received a free Althea Ticket. you wonder why i dont just shut up and keep quiet about it? several reasons.

-i want to get the +11 orb on my alt, but im afraid that it wont work, since the alt already spent 250 gold during the previous promo
-even though we have the Althea Token, PWE might just not send the card to us, stating we were not eligible. im not sure how the datapull works, but thats basically what im most afraid of. it happened before (march 2016) that i had the token for a NP set card after spending 1200 gold, and the support claimed i was not eligible. luckily i was able to provide screenshots of my purchases. thats not possible this time.
-so if we decide to spend 1200 gold, just to be sure to be eligible..who ensures that it will work? or will we get another Token? it takes forever to gather 1200 gold and i dont want to waste it

has anyone, that got Astrid last time, actually tried to spend 1200 gold again? or is everyone just hiding and hoping it will somehow work? i can not risk that, since Althea is one of the last 2 cards i need -_-

a quick solution would be nice, considering the Astrospira sale will only last two more days.
Post edited by splendideyes on

Comments

• shunsai
    shunsai Posts: 21 Arc User
    Regarding your question about spending 1,200 gold for Althea, you seem to have answered your own question. Actually spend 1,200 gold for this promo to be sure you receive it. That is... the purpose of the spend promo they are advertising after all.

I spent another 1,200 this time, and I'll contact customer service if I don't get the card. I've experienced two spend promos that failed to function properly, but customer service resolved it after 2-3 weeks. It's simple and you're overthinking it.

Go for the no-risk solution you provided for yourself and spend the gold. Make screenshots if you are uncertain.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    I'd go with what shunsai said, but definitely going to forward this to Orinj because I want to make sure those affected who do want this card get it proper without completely discrediting all datapulls done due to a glitch in the system. Thanks for the heads up!
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    The GM said that the Althea Token they received from mail are random Anniversary event price and they are free to use it however they want. Which means it wasnt a glitch and was intended to heavy cash shoppers. They also said that the Althea Spend promo is eligible to anyone including those who got the anniversary event Althea token. In other words happy rbing xD. Just take it as a good thing. Be happy yall got lucky with those cards.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    @dylandarkk1 Did you send a ticket to GMs inquiring about the Althea token? I'm only asking to make sure.
    ​​
  • dylandarkk1
    @cstgirldesu

Yes. I advice to make sure u can send ticket as well since everyone is different.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
  • splendideyes
    The GM said that the Althea Token they received from mail are random Anniversary event price and they are free to use it however they want. Which means it wasnt a glitch and was intended to heavy cash shoppers. They also said that the Althea Spend promo is eligible to anyone including those who got the anniversary event Althea token. In other words happy rbing xD. Just take it as a good thing. Be happy yall got lucky with those cards.

sorry, but i honestly doubt this, especially since the mount and althea token came 3 hours before the spend promo got announced.

fact: everyone that got an Astrid last time, got Althea this time.

i also very much doubt that i will receive another althea token, if i spend 1200 gold today. or is there anyone out there that was willing to waste 1200 gold to try that? the entire promo seems to be glitched, since everyone that received all their rewards in the last astrid promo, has not received anything in this current promo. feel free to surprise me and prove me wrong, id appreciate it, as we run out of time (spira sale ends today)
  • dylandarkk1
    @splendideyes it's up to you really. As ive said send ticket and inquire to make sure. I sent a ticket and they said that. this way i have legitimate proof that whatever reward i am eligible on the spend promo i will recieve.
  • splendideyes
    it will be too late for that, as their responding time seems to be 48 hours to me. i just have to trust you, i guess.
  • dylandarkk1
    Umm I thought spend reward promo ends at sept 25th? Is there something Im missing with?
  • splendideyes
    astrospira sale ends today. thats why.
  • dylandarkk1
    Oh ok. I was more focused on the Althea spend reward promo which ends on the 25th.
  • arspaulina#4310
    Update:

We are aware that there is an issue with the Ultimate Spend Promo. It’s not possible for us to “patch” the issue, but rest assured, EVERYONE who meets the requirements for this current spend promo will be eligible for the prizes and will receive the prizes a few days after the event is over. Once the event is over, our team will run a data pull to figure out which players qualified for which reward tiers and then distribute all the rewards to everyone that qualified. If you have mistakingly received the rewards at the start of this event, you will still qualify to get your rewards, even the ones that you received by mistake. If you didn’t get anything at all and you qualified for that reward tier, we will make sure that you get everything that you’re supposed to get.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will make sure this type of issue does not happen again.

The PWI team

Here's the update to your question!
  • splendideyes
    thanks for forwarding this, arspaulina <3
  • arspaulina#4310
    Closing up this little guy - any remaining discussions/questions/ thoughts etc that anyone has should be posted here

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1205954/althea-promo-answer

Thanks again, and hope this isn't too much of a hassle :3
This discussion has been closed.