PWI Auctions

kyrinrayne
kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
So I have tried to file multiple tickets only to have "sorry page can't direct to that page". I'm here to discuss your fail Auction system.
I bid on a demon twin strike ticket. I watched the counter go to 0 then ----. The auction was over. The Hammer had fallen. Then another person bid on the skill. Care to explain why? Why was I cheated out of a skill I had fairly won? The Hammer had fallen. You allow other players to have thier win but not me. I tried to settle this peaceful by attempting several times to put in a ticket but your system won't allow. I'm now addressing this here. So I guess only bids over $15.00 are permitted to win for certain skills? Or from certain players? I won the Demon Twin Strike for $9.00, the hammer fell the timer was at ----. Please give me the ticket for the skill I bid & won in good faith. I want to speak to a manager or a senior member of staff.

Mer

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    It's called bid sniping, and it's a very real part of many auction systems.

The other person bid on the skill before it hit zero, you just don't see that because of server processing time and data latency.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kyrinrayne
    edited March 2016
    If the counter hits 0 then goes to --- then it's over & the other bid should be rejected. Technical issues don't matter. If I went to any auction & attempted to bid on an item after the hammer fell it's the same thing sorry bid closed. I am asking once again for the Demon Twinstrike skill I won. Hammer fell I was the winner at the time. I was still the winner several seconds after the hammer fell. I don't feel it's fair to allow the bid to take effect at that point. They have the same 15 mins I do. I bid well in time for my bid to take effect why should I be penalized because they didn't.

Thanks for responding
    Mer
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    Guess you've never been on eBay and been sniped, it happens get over it

Thats why newer auction sites wont allow it anymore because of peeps getting pissed, they dont allow sniping. For example if an item gets a bid with less than say 5 minutes remaining, the timer resets to 5 more minutes...in other words an item has to have a certain time limit before it ends after the last bid...it stops the snipers from taking a shot at it...but this one doesn't work like that so ya have to deal with life and the way the rain falls from the sky...

Hope my early morning rambling is making sense :p
    banner01.jpg
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User

If the counter hits 0 then goes to --- then it's over & the other bid should be rejected. Technical issues don't matter. If I went to any auction & attempted to bid on an item after the hammer fell it's the same thing sorry bid closed. I am asking once again for the Demon Twinstrike skill I won. Hammer fell I was the winner at the time. I was still the winner several seconds after the hammer fell. I don't feel it's fair to allow the bid to take effect at that point. They have the same 15 mins I do. I bid well in time for my bid to take effect why should I be penalized because they didn't.

Thanks for responding
    Mer

What you're not understanding is that the bidding hall said --- for you but that wasn't the real time left.
    Also, you won't get anything at all. Did it consume your gold even though you lost? No, so, you lost, done. Pwi doesn't owe you anything since they didn't take your gold and a bug didn't occur. Latency will ALWAYS exist since the internet isn't magical.

Mr. Justice
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    A) the hammer goes back to 15 minutes when theres a new bid, so you had plenty of chance to win the ticket
    B) the system will NOT accept a bid after the hammer has actually fallen (it creates a system chat too, so thats what you would need as proof)
    C) What he said, sins suck.
  • eytheranea
    eytheranea Posts: 20 Arc User
    A little hard to rebid when you get the same few people "hogging" the auction house with what seems to be an endless supply of gold, buying these skills and flogging for stupidly high prices when they don't need, rather than letting those who do need the skills to be able to improve their character. PWI should at least make the limited books farmable in morai like they did with the Celestial skills.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    eytheranea wrote: »
    A little hard to rebid when you get the same few people "hogging" the auction house with what seems to be an endless supply of gold, buying these skills and flogging for stupidly high prices when they don't need, rather than letting those who do need the skills to be able to improve their character. PWI should at least make the limited books farmable in morai like they did with the Celestial skills.

Welcome to Capitalism. Enjoy your stay.

nothing in life is fair.. not even video games.​​
    Here we go again....
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User

So your problem with the bidding hall is that people are... bidding?:| If I take a dump and sell in an auction, it's not even worth 1 cent but someone bids 2000$ for my ****, will I say "No, that's way too much money..."? no <.<

It's a BIDDING hall, person who has more money or is willing to pay the most for an item wins, plain and simple.

"but... but they're not buying because they need it, they buy it because they want to inflate the prices by shortening supply".
    Well, yes, that's the point, so people like you buy it and people that bid on it can make a profit.
    It's a **** or get screwed world out there nowadays, you can either mope around and complain or move on, your choice, i don't care xD

Mr. Justice
  • kyrinrayne
    I call it selective latency. While I appreciate those that have taken the time to really try to explain things here. I want to point out that those that flame others or make statements that have nothing to do with the thread topic is de-railing. If you can't offer something polite & constructive then just don't comment.
    Latancy or not the bid was over & the counter was past 0. I do feel I am owed & personally I don't care what anyone else thinks.
    I would like a member of PWI staff to contact me about this issue.

Thanks
    Mer
  • kyrinrayne
    btw...I just tried to click SUPPORT on your website. I keep getting the page can't be displayed page. Funny how can charge or read forums or do anything else here BUT submit a ticket.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    kyrinrayne wrote: »
    btw...I just tried to click SUPPORT on your website. I keep getting the page can't be displayed page. Funny how can charge or read forums or do anything else here BUT submit a ticket.
    The support page has issues sometimes. Submitting a ticket via email is just as fast though.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User

I call it selective latency. While I appreciate those that have taken the time to really try to explain things here. I want to point out that those that flame others or make statements that have nothing to do with the thread topic is de-railing. If you can't offer something polite & constructive then just don't comment.
    Latancy or not the bid was over & the counter was past 0. I do feel I am owed & personally I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Thanks
    Mer

feeling you are owed and believing you are wronged doesnt actually make you wronged or owed. the other person would not have been able to bid if the auction was actually over. if somebody else bids then the timer should restart. if you have SS's of the overbid without the extra 15 mins for you to rebid, then you actually have grounds to complain.

judging from the way you are writing your replies here, you are probably not going to write your ticket persuasively. GMs are people too, underpaid people with zero motivation to seek your happiness. I have been lucky enough on more than one occasion to have stated my case in a way that doesnt beckon the scorn of the person who gets your ticket. I believe that the current CS is more than understanding and they usually would accommodate your problem but you have to state your case without antagonizing them with bad logic.

they can check the auction and see that there was an error, it is possible for them to award you the book too. but you have to be lucky AND persuasive AND patient. at the end of the day you are not at a loss for anything other than you were outbid for the book, they are not really obligated to help you out at all since you can just wait and bid on the book next time.

you know the old saying.... catching more flies with honey..... use it..... its good advice....
  • kyrinrayne
    I tried to submit a ticket via e-mail. The GM was more interested in telling me that I needed to use the correct e-mail to verify it was really me then assisting me. So I sent an e-mail from the correct e-mail listing the same issue & no response for 2 days. I only started this here due to the fact I had been trying to handle this via the ticket system & am unable to. I can navigate ALL over Arc but it's only the ticket system that gives me the fail to redirect. Ty Sylven for the advice though.
  • kyrinrayne
    edited March 2016

Thanks
    Mer

feeling you are owed and believing you are wronged doesnt actually make you wronged or owed. the other person would not have been able to bid if the auction was actually over. if somebody else bids then the timer should restart. if you have SS's of the overbid without the extra 15 mins for you to rebid, then you actually have grounds to complain.

judging from the way you are writing your replies here, you are probably not going to write your ticket persuasively. GMs are people too, underpaid people with zero motivation to seek your happiness. I have been lucky enough on more than one occasion to have stated my case in a way that doesnt beckon the scorn of the person who gets your ticket. I believe that the current CS is more than understanding and they usually would accommodate your problem but you have to state your case without antagonizing them with bad logic.

they can check the auction and see that there was an error, it is possible for them to award you the book too. but you have to be lucky AND persuasive AND patient. at the end of the day you are not at a loss for anything other than you were outbid for the book, they are not really obligated to help you out at all since you can just wait and bid on the book next time.

you know the old saying.... catching more flies with honey..... use it..... its good advice....
    I appreciate your advice & agree with it but there's more to this story then you know. To date PWI staff have lost one of my toons for well over a month & given most of her gear to another player. It gets worse. I have been far more patient then most realize. I don't ticket or complain to staff unless I feel there is a "real" issue. I don't demand free stuff. They are welcome to check my ticket history & anyone can see that I rarely ticket. I feel after everything they've put me through, through no fault of my own I have been patient. I feel at this point at the very least requesting quality customer service is essential for any business. The hammer had fallen the counter was ---. I feel strongly that I should be given the book at the price it was when the counter went to 0. Not asking for free. From my stand point I played fair. Paid my funds in good faith & was cheated.

Thanks
    Mer

"Don't judge my story by the chapter you walked in on"

Sylvan if there is a specific e-mail I may use to send to the staff in regards to this issue would you be kind enough to provide it please? I still keep trying to send a ticket to no avail. Derp never mind reread saw your post includes the e-mail. Swear I'll go get coffee before I have another before coffee moment. XD
    Post edited by kyrinrayne on
  • kyrinrayne
    I'm asking this thread be closed now. Nothing further is to be gained & I'd rather it not become a derailed thread or a tool for the "flamin trolls". Thanks ever so much.

Mer
This discussion has been closed.