A call for reason

truthhurtsouch
truthhurtsouch Posts: 56 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Twilight Temple (West)
What's happening to our server? Tier 1 TWs are unbalanced, good PK is a rare sight, NW performance leave a lot to desire, topic about factions is sickening. And it all only seems to worsen as time passes. I think it's our responsability as 'TTerrians" to fix this situation. I personaly do not like when we become the laughing stock of other servers.

There are some of us who need to show more enthusiasm and participation for these events, and there are others who need to get their heads out of their asses and realise alliances or "good/bad sides mentalities" are more harmful than they are helpful. If you cannot see that, then you have tunnel vision. We are suffering the consequences right now. Wouldn't it be more fun to make other servers look up to us instead of the other way around?

Why don't we start showing care for our server by having healthy, fun, balanced competition, and uniting forces without going for eachother's throats when the time calls for it? I'm sure we have the potential to be the best damn server of all. I exhort our big factions like Vindicate, Hoorah, Legendary, Insurrect, Kakumau to take the first step towards this goal in hopes to inspire others. One person alone won't make the difference.

Whoever disagrees deserves to be thrown in the basket of rotten apples imho.

Let's do it now before we suffer any more loses of our greatest players like this guy https://youtube.com/user/apocalipsi07/videos

Just some food for thought.

Comments

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    As someone who had toons on both lc and sanc I can say say there are many people on our server who only want to win. Once they lose they give up, take a break or heck even quit but who knows maybe they come back later. Ive seen many players who dont want to go to nw anymore cause they say its a waste of time and even try to play superior as if those who go to nw are stupid. Yet there are lots of fun fights in nw but guess its too embarassing when your server comes 4th and 3rd most of the time.

As for pk and tw, ego and desire made people from the two major parties take things too seriously. Trash talk exists everywhere but people choose to pay attention to it and get offended, especially when its mostly a select few from each party that happen to have loud mouths.

Not to mention people constantly like to point fingers at each other as if one side is better than the other. Even as im writing this im sure someone will pop up and say how hoorah started everything with trash talking and banning and then another person will pop and say vindi/ct started it since they trashed talked before the first big tw even and they did fake bids and yada yada it will keep going forever cause people need to have someone as the big bad to blame.

Not to mention all the drama about which alliance had too many people, factions playing the innocent victims, which of the factions cheats more than the other, who outnumbered who and who ganked who. Always QQing and trying to make the other look bad and of course a bunch of people joining the conversation even though they are some random peeps from small factions that just sit on the sidelines and observe but think they know everything and have to give their opinion on "what really happened".

In truth all parties have good players, bad players, good people, bad people but we gotta QQ like children and find an excuse for everything, point fingers at each other and blame each other for one thing or another. Now i am waiting for people to come comment on this thread and prove exactly what i just wrote.

One day i dream that people will get over each other and we can have fun tw and pk again and actually work together in nw.
  • shaiyrdren
    shaiyrdren Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    booker27 said:

In truth all parties have good players, bad players, good people, bad people but we gotta QQ like children and find an excuse for everything, point fingers at each other and blame each other for one thing or another. Now i am waiting for people to come comment on this thread and prove exactly what i just wrote.

Thanks for stifling any further complaint that comes against any person or faction as "you just proved me right" even if a person might bring up a valid complaint. Good job.

OP, your efforts might be better spent espousing these values in game and spreading it through your friends as only a small portion of people check forums, especially this particular subforum.
    Celestris - Twilight Temple
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User

Thanks for stifling any further complaint that comes against any person or faction as "you just proved me right" even if a person might bring up a valid complaint. Good job.

I didnt say anything about valid complains. Take good look at past threads on this sub-forum and you will mostly find drama and people pointing fingers at each other blindly and that is anything but valid complains.

Even when some people try to bring up things like fake bidding and using glitches which should be dealt with, others will jump and stir things around either ommiting that their own faction/friends do the same thing or idk what else.

Most of the QQ amounts to each person making up their own version of "what actually happened" and "what is really going on" in attempt to make their side look good and make the enemy side look bad.
  • shaiyrdren
    shaiyrdren Posts: 25 Arc User
    Off topic, but in the interests of future discussions I feel like I must make myself more clear to booker27.

I will say this one more time in a different way. By saying that you are waiting for people to come in to prove you right, you do not promote discussion. Your point is not anymore valid or made any stronger when you add those words to your post. I would ask you consider not adding those kinds of sentences in future posts when your goal is to promote good discussion.
    Celestris - Twilight Temple
  • itrollwc
    itrollwc Posts: 3 New User
    A big problem is people (and guilds) fail to adapt with the game. For instance the 2 guild merger currently happening is doomed to fail. Why? They want to be and promote to be a Lost City guild only. Lost City is dead, Sanctuary is dead. The majority of guilds are now blended with LC and Sanc people.

Tons of good people who were active in NW, TW, PVP etc, quit because they or their guild failed to adapt to the current landscape. People got frustrated and quit or prefer to log in and point the finger at everyone else for their own failures.​​
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User
    itrollwc said:

A big problem is people (and guilds) fail to adapt with the game. For instance the 2 guild merger currently happening is doomed to fail. Why? They want to be and promote to be a Lost City guild only. Lost City is dead, Sanctuary is dead. The majority of guilds are now blended with LC and Sanc people.

Tons of good people who were active in NW, TW, PVP etc, quit because they or their guild failed to adapt to the current landscape. People got frustrated and quit or prefer to log in and point the finger at everyone else for their own failures.​​

Both the groups you mention already have ex-sanc players in them. It's hardly like they are turning down good ex-sanc players. I also don't think they'd get a massive amount of good ex-sanc players regardless of what they do at this point. Not really sure what else you'd want them to do at this point. They can be weak factions but they'll just lose more of the strong players. Outside of that the only options I see are disband or merge with a previously sanc faction. Not saying it will work for sure, not saying they didn't make mistakes previously. Just saying it actually seems like the best option for them at this point.
  • itrollwc
    They aren't getting good ex Sanc players because they ONLY want LC people. They are saying it is a pure LC guild to fight Sanc guilds... yet they are allied with a sanc guild. Talk about sending mixed messages.

Again, failure to adapt (which is the problem on the server as a whole). Just get it over with disband and find a stable guild to have fun in.​​
  • standoffishman
    itrollwc said:

They aren't getting good ex Sanc players because they ONLY want LC people. They are saying it is a pure LC guild to fight Sanc guilds... yet they are allied with a sanc guild. Talk about sending mixed messages.

Again, failure to adapt (which is the problem on the server as a whole). Just get it over with disband and find a stable guild to have fun in.​​

The entire application process at no point covers what server you're from before you're accepted. If they only wanted LC players it would be really easy to add that, yet they haven't. Yes they are a little LC centric internally but that's because they have to motivate current line members to do anything and that's one of the better options they have with current membership.
  • itrollwc
    From their website: ChinaTown is not recruiting members at the moment, Ty for visit us, we will update soon!

So what application process?​​
  • standoffishman
    The previous one while it was still up if I recall correctly. Same for insu. They aren't recruiting now but that's a timing thing.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    meh, trashtalk comes from eagerness to pk. i have noticed it got worse then a bit better but is getting a bit worse now. the problem is if every top tier dude bands together into one group, who is left to fight. ppl who cant compete with them are not going to come out just to lose.

the faction thing was valid, all the decisions in a given faction are made (usually off forum or site because of spying) by a small group of ppl. in fact it is that way because a larger amount of any faction's membership DOESNT WANT TO TAKE PART IN LEADERSHIP. they just wanna play and getting ppl to use faction sites is pretty hard, save for less competitive more friendly factions (which also have much less members).

i would say its impossible to point fingers at one faction any longer to say X did Y, so many top tier players have migrated back and forth they have mostly been on both sides of the war already.

the NW thing is disappointing, i usually attend when i am home and seeing our numbers depresses me. last saturday we had really low numbers AND a lot of ppl hanging out in base. i think we are just demoralized in the fact that if we show with decent numbers we are still only fighting for 3rd place (possibly 2nd, we were close a few times) but its just like TW where a faction gets pumped to fight, loses twice and ppl start leaving. i think more experienced TW ppl have not only come to expect it but plan for it.

and my last comment is that this relatively new "daily-based gameplay" is killing the ability of players to do things at random or for chits and giggles any more. when i get home from work and was working on SS10, i swear i had no want to do anything after dailies. it is exhausting. i cant even motivate myself to do cube or PV, im a bit burnt out. cant even log alts to change pace.
  • lovecrunch#7925
    lovecrunch#7925 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    [quote="truthhurtsouch;1204094"]What's happening to our server?

Why don't we start showing care for our server by having healthy, fun, balanced competition, and uniting forces without going for eachother's throats when the time calls for it? [/quote]

hasn't happened, won't happen. see reason below

[quote="booker27;12713141"] there are many people on our server who only want to win. Once they lose they give up
    One day i dream that people will get over each other and we can have fun tw and pk again and actually work together in nw.
    [/quote]

and not just because losers quit. Some great players who have quit weren't "losing". But refer to the first comment (lack of PK, lack of good TW, lack of balance, lack, lack lack) due to second comment (many people only want to win).

most are here to win and **** what anyone else wants is majority on sanctuary server. Meaning u won't have anyone working together, only a masses of people who want win and will do anything to win, even if it means sucking the fun out of the game for every1. members of bigger factions spend more time pulling highschool bullcrap to make themselves feel better about not getting enough hugs from mommy than playing the game. spreading rumors and lies about random people, trying to get each other banned, massive outnumbering in PK and TW to make their [REMOVED] feel tingly, cyber hate, stalking, racism, bullying, cheating and usin exploits, the list goes on.

basically pwi is high school you're asking the nerd crowd to put up with being stuffed in lockers so the mean girls can have fun. its never gonna happen

altho seein that OP did exactly what bookers talkin about makes me lol. we need to unite, but uh guys, what happened to vindicate? check all those bait threads about faction drama. the people who are the cause of downfall of server are calling for help to save it....​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • dagoddominator
    what does any of this have to do with vindi? and who exactly do YOU think are the "people who are the cause of the downfall of the server" because you speak as if everyone agrees as to whom that is, which is only baiting more flames from faction to faction.

hint, its not any one group or faction. and its not only the pk'ers that are to blame, its the followers as well and the ppl eager to share the spotlight with the players who earned their bragging rights but who haven't earned them themselves.
  • dagoddominator
    in older times, it would be much easier to start the road to leveling the playing field, but the gear gap makes that pretty impossible. my middling damage rating doesnt do a thing against ppl with maxed out everything, i feel like a +5 g16 against these +12JOSD toons with rb2 card sets and neumas. that my fault for not keeping up with the jones' but when i try to work on it,it feels so futile.

the maxed ppl stick together too, so if they are feeling bored in their power they need to understand they need to not make fast friends with everyone with equal gear to ensure they still have competition. that would also be the solution to our NW standings, we have yet to be able to act as one in NW regardless of who is leading and ppl are just not going to enter seeing that level of drama when we should be picking fights with other servers.
  • lovecrunch#7925
    lovecrunch#7925 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    [quote="dagoddominator;12714135"]what does any of this have to do with vindi? and who exactly do YOU think are the "people who are the cause of the downfall of the server" because you speak as if everyone agrees as to whom that is, which is only baiting more flames from faction to faction.

hint, its not any one group or faction. and its not only the pk'ers that are to blame, its the followers as well and the ppl eager to share the spotlight with the players who earned their bragging rights but who haven't earned them themselves.[/quote]

u talk as if the only "group" that can exist is a certain faction. clearly u are from one of the big factions and so focused on which one is being blamed and probably you think i am from whatever faction is against whatever faction you are in. give it up.

the "group" i'm "blaming" is the population of larger factions (not one faction, not everyone in larger factions, certain groups people in larger factions) who act like adolescents. the group(s) that caused the problems were the people in big factions who baited each other and trashed until the server was divided and became what it is, a stomping ground for whoever talks the most **** and has the most people talking **** behind them. OP are part of the problem because they personally created bait threads to encourage it. look up their history. first hit is "What's happening to Vindi" thread. Yeah, and now they are cryin asking for the whole server to help them save the state of the game cuz they got no one to pk with

now the server can't even work towards a main goal cuz people have been pitted against each other for so damn long that they rather fail in the eyes of all pwi than befriend and work with the trashy adolescents they deal with all the time.

and the smaller factions just shake their heads at u cuz u think they suck but really they got a lot more brains than all of you chasing each others tails trying to nip each others butts like puppies. who is the **** in sanc who wouldn't listen to small faction NW leader? someone from a big faction. that doesn't help anyone. just makes one or two people feel good cuz they can't be told what to do by some small fac person. but just hurts the server as a hole and makes yourhole faction look like they got their priorities screwed up

again. adolescent.

my point was never to blame a certain group anyway. my point was that pwi is highschool and ur never gonna get everyone to work together cuz the people who cause **** on the server are the largest group of people. the people who don't like sitting in **** already left. so good luck with that.​​
  • dagoddominator
    "u talk as if the only "group" that can exist is a certain faction. clearly u are from one of the big factions and so focused on which one is being blamed and probably you think i am from whatever faction is against whatever faction you are in. give it up."

i am a member of a big faction, but that has nothing at all to do with my comment. without your explanation you come off as if you ARE blaming one faction or another. you are also letting your bias towards smaller factions into the conversation. there is really not much diff between the smaller and larger tw factions aside from power and amount of top geared toons.

the only reason the ppl you are blaming could be to blame.... is because other people are jumping on their bandwagon. i have dealt with a lot of ppl on the server, i cant say i hate many ppl. i can however say i have met some supreme a-holes and they are not always from the larger factions.

the problem with larger faction ppl not listening to NW king is not because its from smaller faction guy, its when the king is from the top tier factions. all the ppl who have won the lead role report the same thing, its boring cus you dont get to fight ppl spam you and purposefully dont listen or participate to make your lead look bad. guess what? this is exactly how faction leaders are blamed for their faction's performance, when each member should be responsible for themselves.