Territory War recent FPS drop

limonazza
limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Support Desk
So me and other players noticed that in the most recent TWs, the FPS drop in the instance was unbelievable

Before telling me to upgrade hardware,

i am on a i7 4790 - 32gb ram - nvidia 960gtx - dedicated SSD for pwi - win 7

i have never had FPS drop in TWs until the past 2-3 game versions, i was indeed able to record 80vs80 TWs and occasionally stream them in 1080p on twitch egg-15.gif

The weird things are, the FPS drop increases over time during the TW,
you start it 50 FPS, after 30 mins its 20, after 1 hour its 10 FPS

I tried everything no effects simple models etch, none of this helped egg-14.gif

and

after i leave the instance and i teleport into an empty area that normally would give me 100+ FPS

if i do that after TW's done, i am going to have low FPS in that area (10-15) unless i restart the client egg-39.gif

tech gurus pls what to do?
i have friends that disabled multi-threading and assigned 1 core for PWI-only use, but it didnt help

HALP egg-4.gif​​

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I'll need more detailed information on your system. A Speccy is good. A drop in FPS is going to be something on your system for sure, most likely it's a software issue and not hardware. I get better on less.

Side note: Running PWI on a SSD is just wasting your SSD space. You don't benefit long-term performance from a SSD with the client. Initially it will load faster, but after half an hour or so, you'll go right back to the same speed as if you had a 5400RPM platter drive. I've gone as far as testing it on a full dedicated RAM drive, same diff.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!