well now that r9 got so expencive how do us g16 ppl keep up with the game

g16 is a waist i cant pvp or compete with the r9s in the game what am i going to do
Tagged:

Comments

• ceidong
    ceidong Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well... first I would recommend Firefox to help you with your spelling by using spellcheck.
    2nd. Try another game? Cause they don't care! lol
  • caveman24x
    caveman24x Posts: 7 Arc User
    You can compete with other G16 players at the very least, and there are a lot of them. Go one step further by farming a warsoul weapon. It's expensive, but at least you'll have quite the advantage.
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    - cs everything
    - farm 24/7
    - realize you are not suppose to be able to compete if you dont do one of the above
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    But but... rank 9 is G16. tiger-12.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    In PVP: farm your spirits and passives to see how they'll still 1-shot (just for slightly less damage).
    In PVE: Get Warsoul Tier 2 weapon and learn to play your class better than usual r9rr's do and you might outperform them.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    There is no real solution anymore. G16 gear is so far below R9 that even a very skilled G16 player will not be able to down an equally refined R9 toon. I'm glad I got my R9 farming done before all this BS started - I had considered to take my cleric to R9 for the weapon as well, but those plans have been put on hold indefinately.

That said, chip packs are back in the boutique, and at the same price as before. They are not on sale (yet). I bet MoG's will also return at some point. Main problem now is the lack of gold on the market, and the HUGE surplus of coin. Seriously, 3000 gold at max price buying at Dawnglory last I checked, and WC calls offering to buy gold at 6 million or upward (even saw 8 from time to time but not sure if those calls were serious). It'll be months, if ever, before that gold price stabilizes. PWI would do well to consider offering more gold per zen charge, to incite players to cash more.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Farm warsoul weapons. Easily obtainable. Farm cards and star charts. They are OP. Refine gears. engrave gears. Upgrade gears at NW forges. All this is farmable.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Chips are back in the shop so its the same cost like it was when chips where not on sale.
    Dont know what your problem is dude​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • aeternusdoleo
    edited September 2015
    ... but you'll either miss a crapton of damage (melee classes, zerk), autopurify (mage classes, purify spell) or auto-purge (archer). Not to mention a ton of attack/deflvls from the R9 set bonuses, and the extra bonuses you can't get from putting something decent in the cloak/helmet slots. The Warsong belt you -can- equip and refine as an extra doesn't offset this. Warsoul weapons still cost quite a bit all in all, but yes, those are doable. Quick cost for the first cast:
    Item                    Tokens  Coin     Total Tokens  Total Coin
    Warsoul: Ksitigarbha    10      437.500  1000          437.500.000
    Warsoul: Vajra          10      437.500  1000          437.500.000
    Warsoul: Samantabhadra  3       350.000  300           105.000.000
    Warsoul: Manjusri       1       262.500  100           26.250.000
    Warsoul: Arkarsja       5       437.500  500           218.750.000
    Warsoul: Jakari         5       437.500  500           218.750.000
    Warsoul: Avalokites     1       262.500  100           26.250.000
    TOTAL                                    3500          1.470.000.000

Dawnglory player:
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I would farm a lot and hold my breath that the prices will back down again one day while biting my tongue being unable to compete with r9 players for quite a while...

Honestly, I see MoG still going for a good prices, GST would be the issue.
    The GST is new in boutique and we yet have to see it on sale, I'm sure it will be one day. It will be a little bit more than normal chip packs on sale when 50% (80 silver more per GST if I remember right, but then you wont have to open all the chip packs)
    Dont forget R9 alone doesnt make you strong, you need work on cards, nuema and such things too. Those you can work meanwhile​​
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User

... but you'll either miss a crapton of damage (melee classes, zerk), autopurify (mage classes, purify spell) or auto-purge (archer). Not to mention a ton of attack/deflvls from the R9 set bonuses, and the extra bonuses you can't get from putting something decent in the cloak/helmet slots. The Warsong belt you -can- equip and refine as an extra doesn't offset this. Warsoul weapons still cost quite a bit all in all, but yes, those are doable. Quick cost for the first cast:

You calculated your Total Coin values by multiplying individual coin cost by total tokens; you should have multiplied individual coin cost by total items (i.e. 100 each). Let's try that again:
    Warsoul: Ksitigarbha    10      437.500  1000          43.750.000
    Warsoul: Vajra          10      437.500  1000          43.750.000
    Warsoul: Samantabhadra  3       350.000  300           35.000.000
    Warsoul: Arkarsja       5       437.500  500           43.750.000
    Warsoul: Jakari         5       437.500  500           43.750.000
    TOTAL                                    3500          262.500.000

• soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    I wonder if we can blaim PWI for the cost these days off R9 Gear. Are most players not playing a game no more? Gold prices off 4.5-5.5 mil is funny right? of no its call "GREED". So wonder who is to blaim here! And Ceidong not all off us are English/USA ppl so stuff it and started learn Spanish, Dutch, German or French for a change before you comment on Gramma!
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    That's exactly what I hate about Perfect World, we can get things cheap or expensive depending on luck or situational, such as r9 sale, better chance for stuffs in later packs, why don't they just put price tag for everything so we players are in control to decide when to get it and everyone gets and only gets it at the same price as everyone else.

I also have experienced situations like when I have the money to buy some stuffs I want, the stuffs are scarce, when I don't have the money, the markets are flooded with the stuffs I want. Like In your case you want r9 but it's not on sale atm and you have the money on hand right now, but later you might spend it on something else and at that exact moment gst/mog are on sale.

• razzzza
    Its called patience. you should try it and not spend the money on the next thing you see in a catshop.

Just wait for a sale thats how its been forever here and you should know that. chips for example where not a permanent item forever it was like this before where they came and went.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    If you want to have R9 gear you have to play the game. And it all depends how many hours per day you play and how many toons to farm with you have and many other aspects can influence it. So if you have only 1 toon for farming and you can play only 1-2 hours per day you wont have r9 in 1 year. Also if you play 5-6 hours, do your dailies which takes you 1 hour maximum and the rest of time you spend is chatting or dueling you wont have r9 in 1 year. In fact you wont have r9 at all.
    giphy.gif

• razzzza
    the thing is if you really want r9 and dont want to spend rl cash on it you need to commit yourself to it or it wont happen anytime soon.
    Farming it takes awhile but getting the first huge barrier done (300k rep and the ring) the set itself comes pretty quick. the weapon is the expensive one + the ring.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    razzzza wrote: »
    the thing is if you really want r9 and dont want to spend rl cash on it you need to commit yourself to it or it wont happen anytime soon.
    Farming it takes awhile but getting the first huge barrier done (300k rep and the ring) the set itself comes pretty quick. the weapon is the expensive one + the ring.
    ^^ This right here.

If you're going to be "Free-to-Play", you're going to have to be prepared to put a fair amount of effort into farming the end-game gear. It took me long enough to do mine, and I was almost to G16 before I changed and decided to go R9 instead. Even then I enlisted the help of friends and faction to get me there, and I'm still working on farming for my gear.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    razzzza wrote: »
    Farming it takes awhile but getting the first huge barrier done (300k rep and the ring) the set itself comes pretty quick. the weapon is the expensive one + the ring.
    ^^ This right here.

If you're going to be "Free-to-Play", you're going to have to be prepared to put a fair amount of effort into farming the end-game gear. It took me long enough to do mine, and I was almost to G16 before I changed and decided to go R9 instead. Even then I enlisted the help of friends and faction to get me there, and I'm still working on farming for my gear.

If you are like me, i started with our faction leader, we set a goal, 1 year to get him full r999. Next year refine it to +10 and the likes. Either way you cut it, farming or merchanting, it will take time. Nothing happens overnight beside a credit card in this game. As people said, you could get r9 over night, but to get r999, you still need to run your own warsongs to collect the badges to make the gear and get the molds.

Once that is done, rest of the accessories need to be acquired, where one accessory could cost as much as your whole r9 set. It is a game of patience, planning. It can be done, players do it. If you spend your money, that is your call, don't blame it on the game. When you have 1 year as a waiting time, in the whole year, they may put the mysterious chips on sale for 23 silver for 100. Because you had the whole year to time this single opportunity, you can make use of it. If you kept on spending money, when this sale comes around, you will not be able to make use of it. Such is the life of a merchant.

As with anything in life, once you set a goal, to achieve it, you need determination, sacrifice, self control. PWI is no different. If you find it hard to achieve your goals in pwi, you might want to think about your life and see if you fail in life in getting your goals or not? If you do not fail, than identify the things that cause you to fail in pwi and remove them.

Getting gear in pwi is not, just takes time.​​
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I farmed my r9 within the last year and a half it was a long road and im not even as dedicated to it as some are or can be but i did it and now im farming the coin for nw cube neck and dod/josd.....farming not cashing my credit card it can be done u just have to work your butt off take it from someone whos doing it

Oh and PS tht r9 farming happend during the last gold hike so i paid an ungodly amount for at least 3 pieces of the gear but u gotta do what u gotta do its all about how ambitious u want to be if u want a cake walk game thts f2p try League of Legend or something >,>
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

Then prepare to spend your life farming it or cash shop it. Your choice. Besides I paid about 300 mil for 1st cast warsoul weapon. Your math is grotesquely off.
  • aeternusdoleo
    edited October 2015
    axel320 said:

You calculated your Total Coin values by multiplying individual coin cost by total tokens; you should have multiplied individual coin cost by total items (i.e. 100 each). Let's try that again:

Warsoul: Ksitigarbha    10      437.500  1000          43.750.000
    Warsoul: Vajra          10      437.500  1000          43.750.000
    Warsoul: Samantabhadra  3       350.000  300           35.000.000
    Warsoul: Arkarsja       5       437.500  500           43.750.000
    Warsoul: Jakari         5       437.500  500           43.750.000
    TOTAL                                    3500          262.500.000

Thanks for the correction. I thought the resulting cost was a little high... Oopsed a formula probably. Add roughly 53 million for NW token cost (assuming 15k per token if you buy them) if you don't have them yourself and you end up at roughly 320 million for a first cast warsoul weapon, true production cost. That's doable.

Dawnglory player:
  • razzzza
    teabagg wrote: »
    Anyways if your on a pve server YOU DONT NEED IT.NW is just once a week just take your beating,TW as well but its a joke.Let the rich kids play and you can laugh at them because once this game truly dies they will be paying on this junk for years to come.

I had 3 chances to do my r9 but decided to just roll another toon to put coin into.When I tend to lose intrest in games if I cant be versatile in multiple characters of the game.I do still save stuff for that day I actually get real bored to go r9.

NW is twice a week actually.

I do like those comments like yours because often i hear stuff like "laugh at them who has better gear as you have". Assuming they just cash in all their money wherever it may come from and not thinking about "well farming is an option too or merching..." is just wrong.
    I dont thin everyone who runs around in r9+10 cashed every little bit of it and you as a g16+5 guy just looks at what he got and assume it was purely cashed and wasted because.. you know the game gets shut down eventually.
    But so does your 3000$ TV which goes poof aver a few years. is that money wasted? i dont think so. Let people spend their money at whatever they want.
    Its like you are laughing at a guy with a big **** TV because you have a 100$ TV at home and it was all just a waste because you can do asmuch as he can.

rolling multiple chars is an option for some yea but i dont like having 5 characters with trashlike gear. i want one char i can focus on and see him grow to the point where people like you would laugh at them from your 5 characters because all 5 could not beat his one character... probably.

But thats none of my buisness :)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Pretty sure the QQ is justified when PWI pretty much decided to double the price on a whim. :/

I mean, it's like 5b just for all of the gsts now whereas 5b before would get you full r9rr and some +10s. It's not like this just happened over the course of several years. It's literally just in the last couple months.
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    "Anyways if your on a pve server YOU DONT NEED IT."

All servers are PVE, so what's your point? If someone wants r9s3, then they want r9s3. Who are you to decide what someone needs or wants? Not everyone wants to play the game the way you do. tiger-1.gif

"I mean, it's like 5b just for all of the gsts now whereas 5b before would get you full r9rr and some +10s. It's not like this just happened over the course of several years. It's literally just in the last couple months."

^

PWE took my dreams, smashed them and pissed on the remains. It'll take me 4-5 years now that I DGAF about farming anymore after seeing this **** unfold. tiger-21.gif

these forums really suck, so much for trying to double quote​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    iconique said:

"Anyways if your on a pve server YOU DONT NEED IT."

All servers are PVE, so what's your point? If someone wants r9s3, then they want r9s3. Who are you to decide what someone needs or wants? Not everyone wants to play the game the way you do. tiger-1.gif

"I mean, it's like 5b just for all of the gsts now whereas 5b before would get you full r9rr and some +10s. It's not like this just happened over the course of several years. It's literally just in the last couple months."

^

PWE took my dreams, smashed them and pissed on the remains. It'll take me 4-5 years now that I DGAF about farming anymore after seeing this **** unfold. tiger-21.gif

these forums really suck, so much for trying to double quote​​

They will be on sale again on January. The MoGs were removed from boutique for year 2015, chances are R9 sale will hit on January. Chances are its the best sale so far too, would make sense to do some super sale when ppl been deprived of the item for so long to really rocket their profits.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    They will be on sale again on January. The MoGs were removed from boutique for year 2015, chances are R9 sale will hit on January. Chances are its the best sale so far too, would make sense to do some super sale when ppl been deprived of the item for so long to really rocket their profits.

Yeah I can definitely see PWE doing that. I think the main issue I have is "is it even worth it?". I'm not particularly fond of how things are being run right now (removal of chips, introducing the GST in a pricier way, putting the chips back in and claiming they're on sale when it's the typical price, the recent exclusive items fiasco, '08 players not being told of the criteria until much later, etc.); it's pushing me away from wanting to invest time into PWE's product.​​
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    chary said:

Pretty sure the QQ is justified when PWI pretty much decided to double the price on a whim. :/

I mean, it's like 5b just for all of the gsts now whereas 5b before would get you full r9rr and some +10s. It's not like this just happened over the course of several years. It's literally just in the last couple months.

Newsflash, R9 originally had about a 1500 dollar price tag, in RL cash, this was prior to all the sales and what not. Its honestly almost back at its original price. You need 205 GSTs for the full set, at 6 gold ea that is 1230 gold. Or if you buy the chip packs, at about 5 gold per GST that is, 1025 gold. And time spent making all the GSTs. That is the bulk of r9. MoGs You need 19, lets say the 5 pack for 100 gold is what they'll bring back. On sale I believe it was 5 for 50g. There's another 400g if its not on sale. Plus the rep, which is about another 100g ish on sale (guesstimating that last one). Lets use the chip packs, going back to pre-r9 sale days. That is about 1500g. This is not a new price this was the original price when r9 was first introduced. And ppl farmed it or cs'd it back then too, its the reality of this game. Either farm your butt off, merch, or spend money; those are your choices with PWI.

I still remember the first cyber monday sale when they halved the cost of r9, and that was the norm for a few years. Up until this point. I got my r9 when it was at its original price tag. I wasn't mad when they put it on sale and I'm still not mad that its back to its old price.

You have to make the decision if you want to make that commitment or not.

The reality of any MMO, is that you will never be finished. The players that do get there, full r9s3/rrr9 (w/e you wish to dub it) full +12 and your choice of shards, JoSD/Deity. All that and good cards, blah blah blah. Then an expansion hits and now you're behind again. Its how it works, how it will always work. As one of my factionmates says you can make excuses or improvements. That's your choice. But remember this is a game, have fun. Regardless of who is doing what, what end game is; all that matters is that YOU are having fun. If being in the competitve crowd is your thing the do it. If nirvana s3 is your thing and pve fine. Because what someone says about you here carries no weight. Its all just pixels on a game.

Post edited by phmn on
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    i have a r9rr toon and i STILL do NW on a T3 toon and get 200+ tokens per nw (unless its a nation full of afkers and auto culti bots... ) i dont see the issue with T3. Besides weapon, its actually better than base r9 or even r9r for that matter unless youre rich enough to +10-12 everything in which case i dont think there would be any QQing about r9 being expensive. It doesnt matter if you're R9rr or T3 unless youre matched against someone with exact same cards and levels and nuemas and star chart stats and refines and shards and spirit and att/def lvls and use the same apoth at the same time (idk if i missed anything.. charm ticks at the same time?)

someone with a r9rr weap +10 hit my t3 seeker for 800 damage . yup.. r9 so op ima die without it. lets all just quit​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User

i have a r9rr toon and i STILL do NW on a T3 toon and get 200+ tokens per nw (unless its a nation full of afkers and auto culti bots... ) i dont see the issue with T3. Besides weapon, its actually better than base r9 or even r9r for that matter unless youre rich enough to +10-12 everything in which case i dont think there would be any QQing about r9 being expensive. It doesnt matter if you're R9rr or T3 unless youre matched against someone with exact same cards and levels and nuemas and star chart stats and refines and shards and spirit and att/def lvls and use the same apoth at the same time (idk if i missed anything.. charm ticks at the same time?)

someone with a r9rr weap +10 hit my t3 seeker for 800 damage . yup.. r9 so op ima die without it. lets all just quit​​

There are so many variables that even if you were in identical gear it's no shock that someone could hit you for 800. They could have been physical class against HA armor too which would make the battle in your favour. Plus, think of sky levels/spirit difference, cards, levels (they could have been RBing) etc. This doesn't mean that you should switch to r9 immediately because "you will die without it" (lets face it, everyone dies in the game at some point) but it certainly doesn't mean that r999 is as weak as you say it is. Especially comparing only the weapon without the set bonus and without end game round refines you miss where r999 really shines.

Compare a full +10 r999 toon with a full +10 g16 toon with equal gear, cards, levels, and spirit and you will definitely feel a difference.