When will PWE give Factions their icons back?

Does anyone know what is going on? It is my understanding that they have the icon database but have just been too busy with other problems to give the faction icons back to the factions after the merge. Can anyone confirm if this is a fix planned anytime soon? Apparently right now they are not accepting submissions for faction icons either. @sylenthunder do you know anything about this?
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I haven't heard squat, and from what people are posting, PWE's support team cannot make up their mind to stick to any response as to whether they can even change them.

Personally, it should be a fairly straightforward fix that would just require manually editing the database information to point to the correct icon. It will take a bit, but creating a script to do it based on previous vs. current data shouldn't be that difficult. Then you just apply it so it re-maps the icon locations in the faction information database.
    This is a fairly simple SQL database at that, so it's not even like you've got to get into the proprietary databases.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I bet the faction leader can probably get the icon back with this page: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon
    by manually setting the player ID and faction ID in the web page form through the DOM inspector and hitting submit.

Getting player ID and faction ID isn't that hard if you know your way around the game's debug console.
    Faction leaders on Twilight Temple can ask me for that data if they can find me.
    ​​
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    What about players not on Twilight Temple. I personally don't know how to do this but I am sure we still have our faction icon available.

ln5aR6B.jpg
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    asterelle said:

I bet the faction leader can probably get the icon back with this page: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon

by manually setting the player ID and faction ID in the web page form through the DOM inspector and hitting submit.

Getting player ID and faction ID isn't that hard if you know your way around the game's debug console.

Faction leaders on Twilight Temple can ask me for that data if they can find me.
    ​​

That page is broken so you cannot manually submit

They have zero ETA when or if they will put them back in mass

They responded to me in another ticket to just give them the icon and prove I'm a leader of a level 3 faction. They then told me they will insert in a week or two
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    clyknight wrote: »

They responded to me in another ticket to just give them the icon and prove I'm a leader of a level 3 faction. They then told me they will insert in a week or two

Interesting... I was told I needed to wait until there was a fix. They would not accept my icon via ticket.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    clyknight wrote: »
    That page is broken so you cannot manually submit
    You don't actually need any of the javascript to work to submit a form. It's just a POST request with the proper parameters to a certain URL. It's not really that hard but probably beyond the skill set of what most people are comfortable doing.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    This should be fixed in a future update as a guess. Got to say tho... an issue like this is what we need a CM for.
  • zoner112012
    I would love if we could put a fire under the GMs to get this going, it has been over a month now and people are tired of looking at so many generic faction icons.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    @asterelle if you have time can you shoot me the IDs for faction: Potato and leader: Eelan in TT? Or let me know how to obtain?
    Toon isn't online right now but can log later. Shoot me message here or in game after 5:30pm. Thx :smile:
  • zoner112012
    Problem is I don't believe any of this matters since everyone I have spoken to says that right now they aren't doing anything about this. We NEED to hear from a GM about this. It's been long enough and people want their icons. Why is PWE so horrid about stuff like this. I would suggest people stop CSing and make them listen to us but then they would just shut the game down. Makes me wonder how they have an A ranking with BBB. This company is ****.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    It prob don't help that everyone is trying to set new logos and or get theirs back so the Dev team don't even know where to stand with this.

One answer would be to at least talk to us about it ay... Could be fixed tonight mind so we could have to wait and see.
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    how many faction icon threads do we need about something thats not going to be fixed?​​
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User

I haven't heard squat, and from what people are posting, PWE's support team cannot make up their mind to stick to any response as to whether they can even change them.

Personally, it should be a fairly straightforward fix that would just require manually editing the database information to point to the correct icon. It will take a bit, but creating a script to do it based on previous vs. current data shouldn't be that difficult. Then you just apply it so it re-maps the icon locations in the faction information database.

This is a fairly simple SQL database at that, so it's not even like you've got to get into the proprietary databases.​​

What PWI seems to fail to realize, is the faction icon is something many consider extremely important. Its like a pseudo-identity and ranks up there with character customization, which as many would agree with, is a major selling point to playing PWI.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• zoner112012

how many faction icon threads do we need about something thats not going to be fixed?​​

I did a forum search before I posted this forum thread. My question is different then the other posts discussing faction icons, which is why I posted it. The other posts are merely discussing problems trying to either make or submit the icons. ;)

ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    edited September 2015
    johndoe069 wrote: »
    how many faction icon threads do we need about something thats not going to be fixed?
    I did a forum search before I posted this forum thread. My question is different then the other posts discussing faction icons, which is why I posted it. The other posts are merely discussing problems trying to either make or submit the icons. ;)
    Which is why I didn't close it within 3 minutes of it being posted. bear-1.gif

The others I would have merged into this one, but since we currently don't have that simple feature turned on for the moderators, they've just been sunk or closed as duplicates. As far as I'm aware, there are only two currently active.

Edit: Just checked and the other thread hasn't been posted in since the 2nd. (Over a week ago, and 5 days before this thread was started)
    So @johndoe069, what problem do you see there? I mean, it's nowhere near as offensive as the bi-weekly "what's changed" threads we had until they moved the forums so no one can find them.​​

​​
  • johndoe#4146
    edited September 2015
    how many faction icon threads do we need about something thats not going to be fixed?

The others I would have merged into this one, but since we currently don't have that simple feature turned on for the moderators, they've just been sunk or closed as duplicates. As far as I'm aware, there are only two currently active.

Edit: Just checked and the other thread hasn't been posted in since the 2nd. (Over a week ago, and 5 days before this thread was started)
    So @johndoe069, what problem do you see there? I mean, it's nowhere near as offensive as the bi-weekly "what's changed" threads we had until they moved the forums so no one can find them.

the problem is that some of us have actually posted on the other thread about the faction icons not being loaded up yet and have it bookmarked and regularly check it for some post from a person with influence. ( and we dont see the point in repeating the same posts every day to keep it "active" ) If new threads are started what happens to the old ones? sunk and forgotten about? since this thread is now active, all of the other posts and complaints on the main faction icon thread is now invalid or do we ( all who keep track of the problem) have to have multiple bookmarks for the same topic?

Oh and if there is no post to this thread for a week that gives someone the right to create a totally new thread on the same thing with no new updated info? i dont see the point. That would be like the devs saying " oh we havnt had a ticket complaining about fac icons in a while so lets wait till new ones come in to make it official"

It probably doesnt seem like a big deal to people who arent keeping track of it but making a new thread on the exact same topic is like saying **** all you other people who voiced your opinion, ima make a new thread cos i couldnt be bothered reading all that.​​
    Post edited by johndoe#4146 on
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Also I posted a thread exactly like this one, where I provided up to date information on the issue and volunteered to maintain it for the community. You locked it and referred me to a thread that hadn't been posted in for a week with an inactive OP that amounted to little more than a rage post.

I also sent you mail detailing this and using the same justification you gave johndoe. You never replied to me.

That being said, if this thread is kept up to date in the OP and details any/all staff replies and/or potential solutions then im okay with it.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • zoner112012
    Anyone have any updates? Can a mod maybe poke a GM to give us an official statement as to what they are doing or planning to do with this? I feel it has been long enough and we are due for some kind of interaction from GMs on an issue. So sick of how quiet the GMs are.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    Have poked.
    Got silence.​​

​​
  • zoner112012

Have poked.

Got silence.​​

Now that is just sad.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    They are bringing in a faction icon stone to the boutique. 25 gold and it allows you to submit an icon, but you still have to wait 6 months.
    NGTUy53.png

• zoner112012
    foley3k said:

They are bringing in a faction icon stone to the boutique. 25 gold and it allows you to submit an icon, but you still have to wait 6 months.

Come on don't give them ideas yo.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    foley3k wrote: »
    Come on don't give them ideas yo.

Yeah, that would be bad. They're already milking us enough as it is.​​

​​
  • zoner112012

So @johndoe069, what problem do you see there? I mean, it's nowhere near as offensive as the bi-weekly "what's changed" threads we had until they moved the forums so no one can find them.

the problem is that some of us have actually posted on the other thread about the faction icons not being loaded up yet and have it bookmarked and regularly check it for some post from a person with influence. ( and we dont see the point in repeating the same posts every day to keep it "active" ) If new threads are started what happens to the old ones? sunk and forgotten about? since this thread is now active, all of the other posts and complaints on the main faction icon thread is now invalid or do we ( all who keep track of the problem) have to have multiple bookmarks for the same topic?

Oh and if there is no post to this thread for a week that gives someone the right to create a totally new thread on the same thing with no new updated info? i dont see the point. That would be like the devs saying " oh we havnt had a ticket complaining about fac icons in a while so lets wait till new ones come in to make it official"

It probably doesnt seem like a big deal to people who arent keeping track of it but making a new thread on the exact same topic is like saying **** all you other people who voiced your opinion, ima make a new thread cos i couldnt be bothered reading all that.​​

Again my question I posed was not exactly the same as the ones questioning HOW to make an icon or a proper size for it. You can whine all you want, my thread is valid and clearly getting people talking, you want to bring back the other thread go ahead either way as you said it isn't getting fixed any time soon. Complaining about nothing makes you sound sad.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • johndoe#4146

Again my question I posed was not exactly the same as the ones questioning HOW to make an icon or a proper size for it. You can whine all you want, my thread is valid and clearly getting people talking, you want to bring back the other thread go ahead either way as you said it isn't getting fixed any time soon. Complaining about nothing makes you sound sad.

clearly you dont read so ill just leave this here for you.

http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/comment/12699753/#Comment_12699753

and i wasnt the one complaining.. you seem to have that handled all by your little self. :)​​
  • sylenthunder
    Nothing stopped them from posting in the older thread, but they did anyway.

Short summary...
    Other topic started about the page not working, then kind of skewed.
    This topic was directly asking for information from PWE on what is going on.

Separate topics, and were treated as such. I can merge them now if yall like though. It'll be a little confusing though since they are different topics.
    daymond wrote: »
    Also I posted a thread exactly like this one, where I provided up to date information on the issue and volunteered to maintain it for the community. You locked it and referred me to a thread that hadn't been posted in for a week with an inactive OP that amounted to little more than a rage post.

I also sent you mail detailing this and using the same justification you gave johndoe. You never replied to me.

That being said, if this thread is kept up to date in the OP and details any/all staff replies and/or potential solutions then im okay with it.
    Your thread was posted merely a few active posts away from the other thread, and had the exact same information that was in the other thread. It was completely pointless, and there still isn't enough of a reason to sticky any of them. If we get an official response, that might change things.

I didn't respond to your request because it wasn't necessary, and I had already given my reasons when I closed your duplicate thread. The OP doesn't need to update the first post to keep a thread active or up to date.

Enough of this now. If the discussion continues, I'll have no choice but to close the thread.
    From the tickets, the current response by PWE is....
    1. To re-submit your icons through the icon submission page. (Which is broken for a lot of people, and has been for a very long time.)
    2. To submit your icons via the ticketing system. (Which is how we've done it for several years before the icon submission page existed, and was always the fallback if the icon page was not functioning properly.)
    3. To open a ticket and wait. (This will get you nowhere fast. Well, it might get you frustrated, but that might as well be nowhere too.) You may also get some stupid response from some idiot in support saying they cannot do anything, which is a lie. It's their job to.​​

​​
  • zoner112012

Nothing stopped them from posting in the older thread, but they did anyway.

Short summary...

Other topic started about the page not working, then kind of skewed.

This topic was directly asking for information from PWE on what is going on.

Separate topics, and were treated as such. I can merge them now if yall like though. It'll be a little confusing though since they are different topics.

daymond wrote: »

Your thread was posted merely a few active posts away from the other thread, and had the exact same information that was in the other thread. It was completely pointless, and there still isn't enough of a reason to sticky any of them. If we get an official response, that might change things.

I didn't respond to your request because it wasn't necessary, and I had already given my reasons when I closed your duplicate thread. The OP doesn't need to update the first post to keep a thread active or up to date.

Enough of this now. If the discussion continues, I'll have no choice but to close the thread.

From the tickets, the current response by PWE is....

1. To re-submit your icons through the icon submission page. (Which is broken for a lot of people, and has been for a very long time.)

2. To submit your icons via the ticketing system. (Which is how we've done it for several years before the icon submission page existed, and was always the fallback if the icon page was not functioning properly.)

3. To open a ticket and wait. (This will get you nowhere fast. Well, it might get you frustrated, but that might as well be nowhere too.) You may also get some stupid response from some idiot in support saying they cannot do anything, which is a lie. It's their job to.​​

The problem is...if they DO give us that lie, which they very likely will as they seem to be very uninterested in helping with this problem, there is pretty much nothing we can do.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ftwomg
    ftwomg Posts: 10 Arc User
    Submitting icons isnt that bad. I did it a couple weeks ago via the ticket system and it only took maybe 2 weeks,
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    Gz. I submitted an icon via ticket system and got told to go elsewhere...