Charm Tick Passive: Corrosive Cold

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
Just wondering if anyone has done any testing or has any knowledge about this passive skill yet?

As mentioned in the Patch Notes:
*New Passive Skill: Corrosive Cold. Causes your attacks to increase the cooldown on your target's charms. Skill books can be crafted at the Sacred Cauldron in Kirin Town.

I am particularly curious about stacking. The way I understand it, if I am getting hit by 1 person and they have level 1 passive, My charm tick will tick 1 second slower.

So if I am getting hit by 5 people with level 1 passive, will my charm tick 5 seconds slower?

If I get hit by 30 people will my charm never tick?!

How does this work :p

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    I do not believe it stacks...Given how PWI does things I am gonna jump the gun here and assume the most recent person to attack you has their debuff put on you. This is usually how PWI works things. So either a new debuff overwrites the old or not idk. It is such a strange mechanic to add to the game. I would like to know for sure myself. Good question.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    I want to say that it's like any other debuff: the first debuff will be overwritten by the next one.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    It would be good to know more. I took level 1 Corrosive cold, but as a barb I may regret it: if now I take HP passive first, I will remain with level 1 Corrosive Cold and may overwrite my friends when they will have level 2 or more.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »

If I get hit by 30 people will my charm never tick?!

That would be so funny lol.

I assume first tests can be made in a few days when the people who are interessted in sharing the results on the forums let us know.

My assumtion is that it only would refresh the debuff you already have so the charm should tick for the amount of seconds the highest debuff skill would give you. lower debuffs are ignored from pwi like buffs are (right?) so when only one hits you with lv 10 debuff and the others have like lv 5 debuff only the lv 10 would refresh the timer, the others would have to wait kinda to give you their debuff.

we will see.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    From what I've gathered, the debuff lasts about 3 seconds upon attacking someone, so you need to constantly attack the person for the debuff to stay on the person. It's a different icon to the charm cooldown debuff in the game previously, so it probably stacks with that, it does not stack with itself. Cannot be purified.
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    I want to say that it's like any other debuff: the first debuff will be overwritten by the next one.
    ​​

what, thats literally the opposite of how almost every debuff works...
    most buffs work that way , but not debuffs
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    would not even make sense if this debuff stacks. What good would having a charm be if the debuff stacks?

• neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    ​​

Not all debuffs in game can be override when cast onto the target before the effect wears off. Such as stuns/immobile, and extreme poison with subsea. Hopefully, this is the case with this charm CD debuff, or else it is pretty much redundant for cata pulling barbs to even have a hp charm on, as everyone is attacking them repeatedly to keep extending the CD.