New passive increases charm's cooldown

dblazen1
dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
*New Passive Skill: Corrosive Cold. Causes your attacks to increase the cooldown on your target's charms. Skill books can be crafted at the Sacred Cauldron in Kirin Town.

I'm surprised no one raged at this yet.
Discuss! Why is this game-breaking? Why is it not? Who thought this was a good idea?​​
Jws3dXe.gif
The only fitting image for this forum.

Post edited by opkossy on

Comments

• e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    im still wondering if i read it correct lol
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    I wonder if it stacks with or overwrites diminished vigor, what the max amplitude of the effect is, and if the effect of each attacker's passive will stack with one another. At the most extreme I can envision charms becoming entirely ineffective beyond the first tick during a tw/nw gank. I guess the answers to those questions and more shall be revealed soon enough.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • reliea
    reliea Posts: 40 Arc User
    It's not rage-worthy, it's a blessing!
    It won't effect anyone who gets killed in 1 tick anyway, and it -will- make taking down truly mini-boss level players slightly easier.
    Eventually everyone will have the skill, so it'll end up not feeling much different after a while; it also may start people actually playing better, not just relying on their charm to keep them going. Nothing bad about that I suppose.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    Less charm ticks = longer lasting charms. o wait the other passive gives hp there go the longer lasting charms
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Good. It'll make focus-firing on a target with a group in mass-pvp easier. I'm happy with this, some extremely overgeared folk have had it way too easy soloing a group on charm...
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • vertgod
    vertgod Posts: 24 Arc User
    I think this will have to be tested before I can actually form an opinion. I mean, we basically know nothing about it. Does it give a debuff that can be purified? Does it stack with consecutive attacks or other skills with similar effects? How many seconds does max skill lvl increase the cooldown? Hopefully the max lvl cooldown increase corresponds to the max lvl HP increase, but if that's the case, why even bother implementing them since they would seem to cancel each other out. tiger-10.gif

Honestly I think they should have just passed on the passives(heh) this time around. I mean, to me, they just seem like last minute ideas thrown on the table to give more incentive for people to bother with leveling their sky level again. These passives are the rejected ideas for the previously released passives that were rehatched as valid ideas because no one could think of anything better. tiger-9.gif Of course this is just my opinion.​​
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    what the max amplitude of the effect is, and if the effect of each attacker's passive will stack with one another.

This is really what we need to find out (and experience as players) before being able to give opinions.
    And also take into account that everyone will have more HP because of the other new passive skill.