ini Edit rules please?

asurin
asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
I'm looking for the latest rules about the .ini edits. I've found them before, but now I can't seem to locate them again. Can someone fill me in on what's allowed and what's not?

Some of the rules I'm looking at is hair on men switching to women and vise versa.
Reaper eyes on other races.
FoxyGR.gif

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    If I'm not mistaken, you can do anything you want to your head, you just can't alter body size.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, you can do anything you want to your head, you just can't alter body size.

And if you want to alter body size, you can do that in built-in character editor. The sliders allow quite extremes now (probably even further than you could do by pure .ini-editing).fox-20.gif​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    You can edit every category but body size as you please (That includes head size). All body size modifications can only be made through the in-game sliders. In addition, you are not allowed to edit the pill heads onto your character (e.g. the pumpkin head pills or the Santa pills)​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • asurin
    So I can put male hair on a female character?
    FoxyGR.gif
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Yup, I even tell you how to on my guide. http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/748689/so-you-want-to-ini-edit-your-character/p1

It's out-of-date but most of it still applies. I'll have to get around to updating it some day. I have not actually tried to ini edit in a very long time, so I don't know if you can still do it. Last time I did, you HAD to do it only on brand new characters. But it's been a VERY long time since I tried. We didn't even have the latest classes yet. So take that for what it's worth.
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • asurin
    Not going to say, but I already know how. I just wanted to make sure I was following the rules before I did such changes. Thank you very much for your assistance.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    Yup, I even tell you how to on my guide. http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/748689/so-you-want-to-ini-edit-your-character/p1

It's out-of-date but most of it still applies. I'll have to get around to updating it some day.
    ​​

Yeay! ...ty for posting ur link! I been looking for it for some time now (to check if u updated to include Nightshade hair...and I see u did , ty ty!) and haven't been able to find it till now. Ty so much much :)
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Not sure if I ever thanked you on the old forums Venus, for that excellent guide, so if that is the case, a big thank you! I've used it to edit quite a few of my alts... many of which are female chars with male hair.

I made some changes to one within the past few months, 99% sure it was not new, but positive she has male hair.

It may have been a race specific thing, or I might have found a way to bypass the issue. I do recall not being able to save as a preset or revert to a saved preset within makeover screen, on all races that were female with male hair, and I have at least one of each race like that. But that's no big deal to me, I just save a text file backup of ini data in their respective char folders. And overall a small price to pay for having a unique char ^^
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    i should thank you too since i never did. I used that guide to learn ini editing and I steer all experienced ini edit friends and nooblets alike to that link. So comprehensive and easy to understand. Thank you! :)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    In addition, one rule not mentioned is that you cannot use INI editing to put head fashion available in the boutique as your default hairstyle. The sole exception to this, however, are Barbarians as they are unable to use head fashion by default.​​
    (Insert fancy image here)