Class change stone

patrickhuong
patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Suggestion Box
We have name-change stone, sex-change stone, why not class-change stones?
i think it is fair for a loyal player like me who has played for many years
when i made my toon those fancy new classes were not there for me to select, so my option was limitted
when those fancy new classes were out, my toon was already 101/R8/R9/morai, etc....that i don't even want to start over again
and yes, you are right i am an archer, a poor archer that got nerfed to the ground in recent updates and really really want to change my damn class
the class-change stone is fair for me (as a loyal player who has been playing for many years) because it gives me back the right to select those fancy new classes that i did not have when i made my toon
GMs can easily regulate how people use the class-change stone
1) make it very high price 100 - 200 golds, so people won't spam it
2) make only certain toons that can be changed such as only 3-years old or older toons can be changed
I understand that this stone can reduce the money coming into PWE because people won't reRRR9 their fancy new class toon, but please take a moment and think of some average players like me.....It took me a lot of effect to RRR9 1 toon, and no, i can not reRRR9 any toon...because i am not millionair and billionair....i am just a normal person
Then, you would ask what about the gears after changed-class
don't worry GMs can find a way to convert the gears to the appropriate changed classes, my only worry is the ornaments which can be fixed easily by GMs
Archers' problems won't be fixed any time soon......if they even fixed it, the class-change stone is still a fair treatment for a loyal player like me......it's fair to give me back the right that i did not have.
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Then, you would ask what about the gears after changed-class don't worry GMs can find a way to convert the gears to the appropriate changed classes, my only worry is the ornaments which can be fixed easily by GMs

LOL Relying on GMs for fixing stuff? Really?
    Archers' problems won't be fixed any time soon......if they even fixed it, the class-change stone is still a fair treatment for a loyal player like me......it's fair to give me back the right that i did not have.

Ah, I see where this comes from.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • patrickhuong
    zentfamily wrote: »
    Then, you would ask what about the gears after changed-class don't worry GMs can find a way to convert the gears to the appropriate changed classes, my only worry is the ornaments which can be fixed easily by GMs

LOL Relying on GMs for fixing stuff? Really?

Ah, I see where this comes from.

I take that as you know and understand the problems that archers have......like i said...even if they do fix archer's problems it would still be fair to have class-change stone for a loyal player like me who did not have options to choose classes when i made my toon. Do you agree with that?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    There is a class change stone actually. It is called playing a different character.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • patrickhuong
    There is a class change stone actually. It is called playing a different character.

yeah...if that new 'character' has my RRR9 and the ornaments that i work (and spent) so hard to get...not mention the sky level, morai skills, cultivation, neumal, etc.....these takes months to complete
  • patrickhuong
    edited July 2015
    If they do not bother to balance the classes in the game.....class-change stone is a "temporary" solution
    If you think the game is balance....chances are that you are not an archer.......
    anyone knows how to quote a comment from a thread to another...it doesn't let me copy and paste
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    It would be ver interesting indeed to change classes. Would save time with meridians, titles, primal skies... But the gear issue would have to be dealt with in a manner the staff rarely does.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • zoner112012
    edited July 2015

yeah...if that new 'character' has my RRR9 and the ornaments that i work (and spent) so hard to get...not mention the sky level, morai skills, cultivation, neumal, etc.....these takes months to complete

From a business perspective they will never make this happen. First off, the amount of work it would take to do this is not just a simple button switch. They would have to have a dev or GM manually change your gear out...and since gear is different among classes and has different stats the rolls would have to be changed. On top of which, they would end up losing money. If you are really upset/disappointed with things with you current class, that isn't their problem. If you really think they are going to waste their time just to cater to a small audience of people that may want this rather then encourage you to make a new character and put money into that one too then boy do I have news for you.

This is their business they will not do something that will make them LOSE money and that is what this would do.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    I dont like this idea, even though I can totally understand your point.

It would be too messy since the classes are not balanced, which to me is totally fine, it makes MMOs fun for long period of time, balanced games are boring xD.

It would work oke-ish as long as u transfer your genie/old char lvl/skills lvl/cards/meridian/nuemas lvl/manufacturing lvl/titles/current EXP&spirit&reputation.... Some general things like that.
    BUT what about armor? Or ornaments? Or shards? Thats where I see big mess coming from. If all classes used same gear ok, perfect.. But they dont.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User

From a business perspective they will never make this happen. First off, the amount of work it would take to do this is not just a simple button switch. They would have to have a dev or GM manually change your gear out...and since gear is different among classes and has different stats the rolls would have to be changed. On top of which, they would end up losing money. If you are really upset/disappointed with things with you current class, that isn't their problem. If you really think they are going to waste their time just to cater to a small audience of people that may want this rather then encourage you to make a new character and put money into that one too then boy do I have news for you.

This is their business they will not do something that will make them LOSE money and that is what this would do.

This.
    Also just to add to Zoner comment: The idea of bring new classes, gear, etc to the game is precisely to earn money. I cant deny that the OP sugestion sounds nice from a player perspective, but from a bussines point of view is shot in the head. To bring an item like that would mean for them: no more profit from rep, mogs, chips, orbs, catalyst, cards and all the toon upgrade related ítems.

• patrickhuong
    rieihdius wrote: »

This.
    Also just to add to Zoner comment: The idea of bring new classes, gear, etc to the game is precisely to earn money. I cant deny that the OP sugestion sounds nice from a player perspective, but from a bussines point of view is shot in the head. To bring an item like that would mean for them: no more profit from rep, mogs, chips, orbs, catalyst, cards and all the toon upgrade related ítems.

I disagree with it....How many RRR9 SB or DBs does your sever have?
    The reps, chips, whatever you listed give them just a little bit more profit
    imagine they sell the class-change stone for 200-300 golds each (make it untradeable)....do you think how many people would buy?
    i would say half of the sever....i am sure they can make the profit far more than urging people to buy RRR9 for their "new class toon"
  • patrickhuong
    vulpeca wrote: »
    I dont like this idea, even though I can totally understand your point.

It would be too messy since the classes are not balanced, which to me is totally fine, it makes MMOs fun for long period of time, balanced games are boring xD.

It would work oke-ish as long as u transfer your genie/old char lvl/skills lvl/cards/meridian/nuemas lvl/manufacturing lvl/titles/current EXP&spirit&reputation.... Some general things like that.
    BUT what about armor? Or ornaments? Or shards? Thats where I see big mess coming from. If all classes used same gear ok, perfect.. But they dont.

it would be too messy since the classes are not balance, which to me is totally fine.......i don't understand what you mean..........if it is like this why doesn't pwi say something when i made my archer like warning..this class is underpower play and gear it on caution......and no it doesn't make MMOs fun...it gives people stress
    you guys seem to underestimate the power of GMs.....IJS
    they can creat any armors, ornaments.....they want.....at the end our gears are just codes to them
  • patrickhuong
    can anyone direct me how to quote a comment from a thread to a different one?
  • zoner112012

This.

imagine they sell the class-change stone for 200-300 golds each (make it untradeable)....do you think how many people would buy?
    i would say half of the sever....i am sure they can make the profit far more than urging people to buy RRR9 for their "new class toon"

I think you are missing the point here. They would lose money. Because instead of forcing people to just make new classes and gear them up they are basically allowing one person to be any class they want at any time and switch it over. This will cost them money. Even if they made the item cost 100 gold it would cost them money. They would lose out because anyone at any time that decides they don't like the character they are on can switch it to another character, and there goes their profit of forcing someone to buy new gear. This isn't about you or me or what any of us want, this is about PWI making money. This will never happen.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • patrickhuong

This.

I think you are missing the point here. They would lose money. Because instead of forcing people to just make new classes and gear them up they are basically allowing one person to be any class they want at any time and switch it over. This will cost them money. Even if they made the item cost 100 gold it would cost them money. They would lose out because anyone at any time that decides they don't like the character they are on can switch it to another character, and there goes their profit of forcing someone to buy new gear. This isn't about you or me or what any of us want, this is about PWI making money. This will never happen.

never say never...hmm sorry not a fan of JB
    anyway.....don't have to worry about the cost of pwi...because they will share the cost with you......100 golds are too low i would say 200 - 300 golds....this definietly gives them profit
    If they are afraid of people spaming the stones...easy...set a time limit between switch like 3-6 months..
    well this is all about you and me actually as we are the customers of pwi's service.....anyway when pwi is losing players and profits....anything could happen
    why do you keep saying them losing money.....no they don't.....there are basicly 2 types of players here...ones that are willing to make a new char and gear them.....ones that are too lazy to start over......which do you think are outnumber the other? just take a look at the RRR9 SB or RRR9 DB in your sever....i don't know about others but mine only have like maybe 5 Dbs and 6-7 SBs......come on....think outside the box
  • zoner112012
    edited July 2015

This.

anyway.....don't have to worry about the cost of pwi...because they will share the cost with you......100 golds are too low i would say 200 - 300 golds....this definietly gives them profit
    If they are afraid of people spaming the stones...easy...set a time limit between switch like 3-6 months..
    well this is all about you and me actually as we are the customers of pwi's service.....anyway when pwi is losing players and profits....anything could happen
    why do you keep saying them losing money.....no they don't.....there are basicly 2 types of players here...ones that are willing to make a new char and gear them.....ones that are too lazy to start over......which do you think are outnumber the other? just take a look at the RRR9 SB or RRR9 DB in your sever....i don't know about others but mine only have like maybe 5 Dbs and 6-7 SBs......come on....think outside the box

300 gold is still not anywhere near the cost to r9rr a character and +12 it and shard it...so yea again it won't happen. This is just a bad idea for them. There really is no argument that you can give that will ever make them think it is a good idea. If they lose too much profits like you say they supposedly are, which I don't personally think is true, then they will just shut the game down before they do this. Another thing, any change like this would HAVE to come from China..and I haven't heard of this being a thing in China so don't expect it to ever be here before it goes there. I think that is pretty much the defining argument against why this won't happen.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Making a new stone that insta puts your char at like level 100 x2 rb with max culti, nuemas, and sky levels would probably be better.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Somebody help me. Second time I agree with Zoner.
    I-Has-a-Sad.png
    giphy.gif

• patrickhuong
    edited July 2015

This.

300 gold is still not anywhere near the cost to r9rr a character and +12 it and shard it...so yea again it won't happen. This is just a bad idea for them. There really is no argument that you can give that will ever make them think it is a good idea. If they lose too much profits like you say they supposedly are, which I don't personally think is true, then they will just shut the game down before they do this. Another thing, any change like this would HAVE to come from China..and I haven't heard of this being a thing in China so don't expect it to ever be here before it goes there. I think that is pretty much the defining argument against why this won't happen.

How do you know there is not such a thing in china.....i can read chinese and i check the chinese forum and web all the time....i know what they will have and when they will have....actually they will have a cross-sever TW update on 7/15 and a solo instance....who would have thought this can actually be true? anyway....there are a lot of raging about archers over there too, and who knows what the chineses have in their mind. 300 golds yes not even near RRR9....but how many people would RRR9 their ALTS? comepare to how many people would buy the "class-change stone". Trust me when the 7th race comes out...this stone will magically appear
  • vulpeca

it would be too messy since the classes are not balance, which to me is totally fine.......i don't understand what you mean..........if it is like this why doesn't pwi say something when i made my archer like warning..this class is underpower play and gear it on caution......and no it doesn't make MMOs fun...it gives people stress

Watch this video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w
    Balance is boring ^_^. However I do agree that archers sucks these days in pvp, but maybe one day they will make archers stronger and nurf some other class like seekers (just example, I dont say that seekers are/arent OP). Just have fun or lvlup another alt to have some fun :)
  • patrickhuong
    I-Has-a-Sad.png

what's the first thing you agree?
  • vulpeca
    chary wrote: »
    Making a new stone that insta puts your char at like level 100 x2 rb with max culti, nuemas, and sky levels would probably be better.

+1, not a bad idea. Or a separate stone for all of those, which should cost a lot, since you spend a lot of time on getting those in normal way.
  • zoner112012
    I-Has-a-Sad.png

Does it really matter? The point is you are not making any really good argument to ever make this happen. You are upset because you feel your class is imbalanced or has a disadvantage in the game now. How is that PWI's fault/problem and why should they cater to you just because you don't want to make a new character? This isn't even about what you want for the game or for other people this is simply something you want to make yourself happy. It wouldn't really help the game anyways. As I have said...they would lose LOTS of money from potential new characters being geared up to this stone, and that is the main reason they will never make this happen. Also, if you are able to read Chinese then you would know they don't have a class change stone over there so why would you even argue that point?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • patrickhuong
    edited July 2015

Watch this video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w
    Balance is boring ^_^. However I do agree that archers sucks these days in pvp, but maybe one day they will make archers stronger and nurf some other class like seekers (just example, I dont say that seekers are/arent OP). Just have fun or lvlup another alt to have some fun :)

thanks hopefuly they do...and don't nurf other classes please...i know how that feels...i don't want others to experience it
    The thing that gets me is that when i made my archer....i assume all the classes (which were available back there) were BALANCE......because there were no label that says this or that class is underpowered
  • patrickhuong
    chary wrote: »

+1, not a bad idea. Or a separate stone for all of those, which should cost a lot, since you spend a lot of time on getting those in normal way.

they actually have it in China...they will have a branch new sever on 7/15 which if you make a char before 7/8 in that sever you will get a free pack which makes you instant LV 100 X 1 RB though
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    i really hope they will introduce it @ at least 1000 gold price... so it will be balanced and not everyone will just reroll sin
  • patrickhuong
    edited July 2015
    I-Has-a-Sad.png

Does it really matter? The point is you are not making any really good argument to ever make this happen. You are upset because you feel your class is imbalanced or has a disadvantage in the game now. How is that PWI's fault/problem and why should they cater to you just because you don't want to make a new character? This isn't even about what you want for the game or for other people this is simply something you want to make yourself happy. It wouldn't really help the game anyways. As I have said...they would lose LOTS of money from potential new characters being geared up to this stone, and that is the main reason they will never make this happen. Also, if you are able to read Chinese then you would know they don't have a class change stone over there so why would you even argue that point?
    it's my funny comment to bloodedon...don't be so itchy about it
    well...what can i say...i can read Chinese but unfortunately...i can't type chinese or else i would spam them with this topic
    I just want to fight for my right...that's it. I did not have the right to choose those new classes when I made my char and PWI (should be PWCN if i can write chinese) need to give that right back to me
    well if you have something that's bothering you and you did not speak up.....noone knows and noone will help, but if you speak up there might be some solution to it....don't be so negative
    Yes, pwe might lose some money by releasing stone (really??? i don't belive so) but look at all the good things they can have.....the old players will put more money in the game (like me i am at +10 armors right now if they release this stone i will +12 all my armors and maybe JOSD all of them). That thought never came to my mind when i log in my unfortunate underpowered toon
    yes true i am upset......it's not only me but the whole archer community....go look at the archer forum...even a sin (which i want to quote) feel sorry for us.....do you want to put more money in this class any more?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Just make rank gear transferable to the new class and reset all skill points and skills and that should be enough. I don't agree with the person saying PWE would lose money considering how many players would come back if they had a shot at a better class.

Making a character from scratch to endgame is way too stupid these days. Just look at the list

105*3
    Meridians
    Titles
    Nuema
    Vitae
    Morai prestige/ influence
    Cards
    Basic badges
    Rank 9rr + refines + gems

That's way too much to put up with just to get back to where you were. It's much easier just to make a new character on a new game. How many people leave the game because they are bored of their class?
  • patrickhuong
    asterelle wrote: »
    Just make rank gear transferable to the new class and reset all skill points and skills and that should be enough. I don't agree with the person saying PWE would lose money considering how many players would come back if they had a shot at a better class.

Making a character from scratch to endgame is way too stupid these days. Just look at the list

105*3
    Meridians
    Titles
    Nuema
    Vitae
    Cards
    Basic badges

That's way too much to put up with just to get back to where you were. It's much easier just to make a new character on a new game. How many people leave the game because they are bored of their class?

perfect.....just what i want to express
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2015

105*3
    Meridians
    Titles
    Nuema
    Vitae
    Cards
    Basic badges

I did this. Not that much of a problem. Actually had more fun before my Storm was nearly done cept for +12/josd/deity.

The way to the goal is always more enjoyable than the goal itself. Now I'm sitting on 2 near-endgame chars waiting for PvP thats mostly not going to happen and if it happens its vs the same ppl again and again. Even thought about rolling anoher char. Mind you that I'm fully F2P so no easy way for me. I literally need months to get there. Still...need now goals. Would I change classes if I could. No? Cause I got most classes with maxed passives. Just need the gears. All classes are fun. Why should I exchange one for another? If I wanna play the other class again I just pay another 300 gold or so? no. I'd still just roll a new char.

PS: and btw..just think about all the **** they would need to map to change classes...what the hell...as if they would ever get this done. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. CAUSE. PWDEVS.
  • patrickhuong
    jsxshadow wrote: »

105*3
    Meridians
    Titles
    Nuema
    Vitae
    Cards
    Basic badges

I did this. Not that much of a problem. Actually had more fun before my Storm was nearly done cept for +12/josd/deity.

The way to the goal is always more enjoyable than the goal itself. Now I'm sitting on 2 near-endgame chars waiting for PvP thats mostly not going to happen and if it happens its vs the same ppl again and again. Even thought about rolling anoher char. Mind you that I'm fully F2P so no easy way for me. I literally need months to get there. Still...need now goals. Would I change classes if I could. No? Cause I got most classes with maxed passives. Just need the gears. All classes are fun. Why should I exchange one for another? If I wanna play the other class again I just pay another 300 gold or so? no. I'd still just roll a new char.

PS: and btw..just think about all the **** they would need to map to change classes...what the hell...as if they would ever get this done. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. CAUSE. PWDEVS.

yeah if you put ton of money and time into game....not much problem with you...the problem with me is that i only have that much money and that much time (yes i have a life too). do you have an endgame archer BTW....from your tone i don't think you have.....make an archer and see how it works for ya.
    what do you mean by i am fully F2P??? i read some of your posts saying that you put so much money to open cards packs that you can RRR9 +12 jades 2-3 chars.....that doesn't seems F2P to me