test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• noctournous93noctournous93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    So until now, no info regarding PCgamer beta keys?
  • apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited March 2013
    Looks like my account has been activated for the beta. The client just started updating. I got the beta key from Wizards of the Coast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    apostles wrote: »
    Looks like my account has been activated for the beta. The client just started updating. I got the beta key from Wizards of the Coast.

Gratz!!!
    So until now, no info regarding PCgamer beta keys?

They will prolly hold PC/and other Keys till very end to sell more packs. Got to look at it as what will make them more money. If they trust in the game they should let everyone in this weekend, wich people might buy a pack cuz they like the game. If they don't let them in this weekend people will prolly just wait it out till last weekend since all keys should get in then.

We will have to see what way they go, I have a pc gamer and want to get in, but they need to make money and sell the packs. If i could get sent out of my hall to go work, I would of bought 3-60$packs by now. I am hoping to atleast get my sons pack still this week or before launch. (winter time is slow for construction workers and we have money but you still have to be safe)

I think they should just let everyone in though :) so we all can have a grand old time this weekend!
  • eeynoeeyno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Gratz!!!

They will prolly hold PC/and other Keys till very end to sell more packs. Got to look at it as what will make them more money. If they trust in the game they should let everyone in this weekend, wich people might buy a pack cuz they like the game. If they don't let them in this weekend people will prolly just wait it out till last weekend since all keys should get in then.

We will have to see what way they go, I have a pc gamer and want to get in, but they need to make money and sell the packs. If i could get sent out of my hall to go work, I would of bought 3-60$packs by now. I am hoping to atleast get my sons pack still this week or before launch. (winter time is slow for construction workers and we have money but you still have to be safe)

I think they should just let everyone in though :) so we all can have a grand old time this weekend!
    Hope to catch you in game.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree, its still sad that we have no info on the convention and magazine keys. Would be nice if they said something to us.

P.S. I am one of those people who would buy a pack after I got to try the game, to see if I really wanted to spend that much money on it.
  • j0reelj0reel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem with not letting people in to try the game sooner is that they may get frustrated and loose interest in Neverwinter and spend their money on other games. If they really want to sell the packs, they should include everyone asap so that they can get the money before people move on to the next MMO beta.
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    apostles wrote: »
    I was curious about this since I can also download the patch for the first time (PC Gamer beta key). Perhaps everyone can download the patch now?
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not me (CO Lifer) :(
  • virushunter123virushunter123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It really miffs me that they haven't revealed any info on the freely-obtained keys. It's not that I want into this week's beta (Which I do,) I just want to know when my key will be good. If I won't be playing this weekend, fine. I'll just plan something to do with my friends instead. But I can't do it last minute. The sooner I know, the better.

They really should've planned what betas the free-keys were good for beforehand. It boggles my mind the thought that someone just said to hand out a few thousand keys and didn't know when to "use" em. Either that or they're deliberately withholding information in hopes that a few people will crack and buy a founders pack which as many other people have said, sounds like a dirty business strategy to me.
  • illknowticeillknowtice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Quick question for you guys, sorry if this has been answered already, didn't want to read through 59 pages of posts.

The friend key that comes with the HoTN account, is it only useable for a single beta weekend, or does it provide access to all of the beta weekends?

If anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Co Lifetimer. day and a half to go . no code yet.
    also applied for Beta testing when it first advertised on site. nothing.

got 2 offers from PLayspan to take part in Beta testing on other games, both were buy a founder pack
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2013
    The friend key that comes with the HoTN account, is it only useable for a single beta weekend, or does it provide access to all of the beta weekends?

Thanks

Yeah one weekend.
    I updated the first post because I forgot to mention Hero of the North Friend Keys. If you did not use yours from Beta Weekend One, you are absolutely welcome to join us this weekend, March 8-10, for Beta Weekend Two. Remember, the key is only good for one Beta Weekend so choose wisely!

We'll reveal more information on who else is eligible this Friday very soon. Remove all doubt with a Neverwinter Founder's Pack today!
  • illknowticeillknowtice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome, thanks so much for the info! Look's like I'll be buying a package so I can continue with the betas.
    edited March 2013
    Awesome, thanks so much for the info! Look's like I'll be buying a package so I can continue with the betas.

No probs! have fun this weekend!
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2013
    Updated with PC Gamer Promotional Keys; those players are in for Beta Weekend Two!

For all of our Neverwinter fans, you will receive an official email from the Neverwinter Team if you are selected for our second Beta Weekend. If you were not, another way to get in is through a Founder's Pack purchase here. You can even purchase it while Beta Weekend is happening and get immediate access with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack or Guardian of Neverwinter Packs.
  • habbababba8989habbababba8989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm sooooo pumped PC Gamer keys are in for this weekend!! Thank you!!!!
  • sabatoshsabatosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When. will pax codes get in ?
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When will convention people even be told anything? Some of them have had their keys for almost a year ... First to get a key, last to get into beta?
  • stucool66stucool66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited March 2013
    ok, question. I have a friend key and a pc gamer key. I have entered both on my account. I can only use my friend key once, so how will the launcher determine which I have used when I try and get in on march 22 beta. thx.
    edited March 2013
    Updated with PC Gamer Promotional Keys; those players are in for Beta Weekend Two!

You will receive an official email from the Neverwinter Team if you are selected for our second Beta Weekend. If you were not, another way to get in is through a Founder's Pack purchase here. You can even purchase it while Beta Weekend is happening and get immediate access with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack or Guardian of Neverwinter Packs.

Does this mean that from the PCGAMER beta keys, not everyone will be allowed to join?
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2013
    When will convention people even be told anything? Some of them have had their keys for almost a year ... First to get a key, last to get into beta?

Those players will also be notified
    Does this mean that from the PCGAMER beta keys, not everyone will be allowed to join?

Sorry, that phrasing may have been confusing. Anyone who redeemed a key from PC Gamer will be in the second and third Beta Weekends.
    edited March 2013
    As a european gamer i would like to when the servers will go live for us in order to play?
    edited March 2013
    stucool66 wrote: »
    ok, question. I have a friend key and a pc gamer key. I have entered both on my account. I can only use my friend key once, so how will the launcher determine which I have used when I try and get in on march 22 beta. thx.

Your friend key will get consumed when you get log into Beta Weekend Two. Since you redeemed your PC Gamer key, you're also eligible for the third Beta Weekend on March 22.
    edited March 2013
    As a european gamer i would like to when the servers will go live for us in order to play?

We'll notify you well ahead of time when you will be able to log in on Friday. Thanks!
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So where's my access? I'm a STO lifer, and I could use a little appreciation for sticking with the game so long.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's beta. The whole thing could fall over and the weekend could be cancelled so they won't send the emails out until it's close enough to the event.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So where's my access? I'm a STO lifer, and I could use a little appreciation for sticking with the game so long.

As has been stated multiple times in this thread, on the web site, and multiple other places in these forums:

You DO NOT need a key, email, or invitation to download the client. As an STO lifer you have had access to the game installer for quite some time already. No key is needed as your account is already flagged for the access if you qualify. The only people who need keys are those from the magazines or other special offers outside the norm, such as the friends keys we got for buying the founders packs.

1. Log in
    2. Go to http://nw.perfectworld.com/download
    3. Choose either the torrent or direct download
    4. Download the game. Once it is downloaded, install the game
      1. Expect this install to take between 3 - 4 gigs on your PC
    5. Once installed, wait until Beta starts this weekend. Once the servers go live, you can patch with whatever updates they release for the weekend.
    6. Once patched, click Play
    7. Enjoy, but do not forget to give feedback and bug reports as needed to the Devs. After all, we're here to test, not Demo.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: I want to add that as of the end of Beta 1, there was a little over 3 gigs for my install, and a little over a gig I think for updates. I do not know if all will be wrapped into the install for weekend 2 for those who have not yet installed, however at this time expect to have at least 5 - 6 gigs minimum free on your PC to safely get this game installed.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder when will the CO and STO keys being mailed out for lifers? I'm downloading the client now but hoping I get to do the beta this weekend still...

You are already most of the way there. You do not need a key as a lifer. Now that you downloaded the client, all you need to do is install, then wait and log in when the servers go live. It should be automatic if you are a lifer.
  • barakas1barakas1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Those players will also be notified

Confused by this post. Would be nice for a straight answer if at all possible. When will those people with convention keys (i.e., PAX Prime flyers) be allowed into beta? Weekend 2 or Weekend 3?

Thanks
  • thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2013
    Woo!! PC Gamer in!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]