test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Northdark Reaches Adventure Zone Feedback

avathar#2753 avathar Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 26 Cryptic Developer
The Northdark Reaches, the new adventure zone and campaign is now up on Preview. Please post all of your bugs and feedback relating the the Zone, its Heroic Encounters, Campaign, and the Story Instances.

Please visit Sergeant Knox in Protector's Enclave and accept the mission, 'The Call of the King' to start your adventures in the Northdark Reaches.

Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font>
<font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.
Post edited by avathar#2753 on

Comments

• aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    While in The Penitentiary (in the Tower of Gabsul Nasad), a drow got stuck in a brazier, he could attack me, but i could not him, not my companions. After some time, they finally glitched inside too and got him

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    The Gauntlgrym Throne Room does not count as in the Underdark, thus not activating the "This effect is doubled in the Underdark" condition on some items
    Elite Whaleboy
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    The map in Tower of Gabdul Nasad is useless as you cant really see anything on it. Might be by design, but thought I would post it anyway.

Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    there is a persisting multicolor flashing halo on our characters in the new zone.

It is related to the illusion weapon and armor enchants slot in the fashion tab of the character

• jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Have they changed system requirements again. I can not get past the screen with the pic of the dragon on preview now.
  • jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Have they changed system requirements again. I can not get past the screen with the pic of the dragon on preview now.

Edit :
    I finally got into the game on preview.

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    The respawn rate of the enemies in the zone feel a bit low. It took me a pretty long time to complete normal quests like "kill 18 spiders".

I like that the amount of "special" mobs is pretty high. Considering that you can get a lot of the northdark fungal spore currency from them I would increase the maximum that you can have at the same time from 25 to at least 50. With a maximum of 50 instead of 25 it would be possible to get all boon points and 3 single stat companion equipment pieces and not have to worry about spending some spores before reaching the maximum

For the quest "The most moss wins" you're supposed to harvest moss but I can't find any moss that I could harvest. Dropping the quest and picking it back up also didn't work.

The health bar of the heroic encounter bosses looks wrong:

edited September 2022
    The Heroic Encounter "A Deep Rot" does not appear to activate. Passed through it multiple times, even waited afk there, nothing spawned.

Had the same thing just now with the Heroic "Blasphemy" too!

With the Heroic "Wickedly Webbed", it sometimes seems to spawn with no spider enemies, and completes after freeing the 4 prisoners, but not killing any spiders.

Post edited by aragon#8379 on
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Some Heroic Encounters don't seem to start or reset properly. No enemies appear at all. This seems to affect normal heroics, the epic ones seem to work fine. I definitely completed the one with the spiders and the one with the mound. Not sure I've seen others properly start.

I cant seem to find any moss in the quest that required you to deliver 6 to the base camp.
    The Incoming healing ratings on this piece of companion gear, is half of what it should be at 2,400 like the rest.

At the end of Tower of Gabsul Nasad, the cutscene before the boss can be skipped. If that is done, you enter before the enemy has been summoned. Either the cutscene should not be skippable as you will have to wait for the enemy to spawn anyway or the enemy needs to appear immediately if cutscene is skipped.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    To go off of what Werdandi mentioned previous:

Weapon Illusions flash and blink in new zone, potential seizure issues.

Certain weapon visuals flash and strobe in the new zone (I assume because of the new lighting in that area) and are very painful to see/ potential seizure warning. Other players can see the issue as well, not just the player the illusion is on. I went to the new zone and checked all the illusions I had on my specific toon, and found the following:

Dread, Terror, Plague, Bilethorn, Divine Vorpal all do NOT strobe. Lifedrinker strobes a lot and I will attach a link to show video evidence. Vorpal does not flash as bad, but still has a strobby/flashing element to it. Surprisingly the Divine Vorpal did not xD

Here is a link to video evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rAJtHuJzqg
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User

At the end of Tower of Gabsul Nasad, the cutscene before the boss can be skipped. If that is done, you enter before the enemy has been summoned. Either the cutscene should not be skippable as you will have to wait for the enemy to spawn anyway or the enemy needs to appear immediately if cutscene is skipped.

Or maybe would be better if mobs could appear even if you skipped the cutscene?
    Do we really have to watch a ton meaningless cutscenes on every alt everywhere until we vomit?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Do we really have to watch a ton meaningless cutscenes on every alt everywhere until we vomit?
    The cut scene is used to give time to load the instance. It can have a 'loading' screen instead of cutscene though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Uhm.... I did write "or the enemy needs to appear immediately if cutscene is skipped.". Seems you missed that part.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader

The cut scene is used to give time to load the instance. It can have a 'loading' screen instead of cutscene though.
    No we are already in the instance, the cutscene just appears when transitioning from one room to another, showing that your enemy summons a demon from a portal and then leaves. If you skip the cutscene, you see the exact same thing that happens in the cutscene while you stand around waiting.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    BUG: Changing loadouts I received the error message "[Error]Unable to equip some items from the loadout."

I have three loadouts. DPS. Heal 1, Heal 2.

My toon was in her DPS loadout when I copied her to preview, switching to either Heal loadouts resulted in the error message appearing.

All items appeared to be equiped (Gear, Enchantments, Appearance, Companion, Companion Gear, Companion Powers, Mount Combat power, Mount Equip power, Collars and Insignia's.

I stripped each loadout as much as possible, changed all mounts within the stable, removed all companion powers, and that seems to have resolved the issue without having to do any
    retraining, which seems to indicate that there is an issue with items somewhere, but I couldn't identify where, until I started putting gear back on.

As soon as I started putting Enchantment stones in and testing between loadouts, up came the message. So I started to investigate.

I have the following Mythic account wide enchantments in my inventory
    1x Jade 2x Cobalt, 2x Amethyst, 4x Garnet
    I initially tested using ONE each of the following: Garnet(G), Jade(J), Amethyst(A), Cobolt(C).

Any time I switched to a loadout with the Jade enchant, I did not get the error message regardless of what enchantment was in the original loadout(J, C, A or G), and regardless of location (Offense, Defense, Utility), any time I switched between a loadout with any other enchant, again, regardless of placement, I received the error message (for example, switch G to G, A to A, C to C, or G to A, C to G it would error, also switch J to G, A or C, error)

Is the issue the enchantments? Looking at my enchantments, and that I only have ONE Jade, I suspect issue is with enchantments with more than QTY x1 AND not all items are equipped in the load out
    Further Testing: I have 2x Cobalts. Equip both in two load outs, move between load outs. No error message.
    discard one Cobalt. Test. Same results as with the Jade.
    Repeat test with A and G, same results. No error.

Result of investigation:
    Multiples of account wide mythic enchantments causes an "unable to equip" error message to appear if NOT ALL ENCHANTMENTS are equipped in the loadout.

I do not have the resources to test if this affects lower level enchants, or mythic enchants that have not yet been converted to account wide
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock

Uhm.... I did write "or the enemy needs to appear immediately if cutscene is skipped.". Seems you missed that part.
    Ok, you're right. But my opinion of that is it should just be able to be skipped, the devs usually choose the worst solutions, so I wouldn't suggest the possibility of a non-skippable cutscene, because that's what we will get .
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited September 2022

No we are already in the instance, the cutscene just appears when transitioning from one room to another, showing that your enemy summons a demon from a portal and then leaves. If you skip the cutscene, you see the exact same thing that happens in the cutscene while you stand around waiting.
    When I said wait to load the instance, what I mean is to load whatever is needed over there such as enemy to the instance.
    You are either waiting for the enemy to appear or waiting for the loading screen (or cutscene or whatever waiting mechanism) to finish and enemy are loaded and be ready.

This is not new. This happened (or happens) in many other places too if the timing is 'right'. I reported certain scene animation weirdness in the past because the scene was not ready but my character already got in. Usually, that was relayed to timing. I still see that time to time if I look for it. Unless the server is very busy, there is about split second to notice that if you know what to look for.

If I remember correctly, FBI was one of them. In the past, it let you to skip the cutscene and if you were fast enough you could skip a bunch of giants before they were spawned. However, your comrades might not be fast enough (or stayed watching the cutscene) and you had to go back to help them.

For me, the best solution is if you skip the cutscene:
    if the scene is ready (i.e. enemy or whatever extra is needed), let you get in.
    if the scene is still being prepared, put you to a loading screen and let you get in as soon as the scene is ready.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Lest it be said that I am only criticizing :)
    I really like the search engine implemented in the inventory.
    I would like to have an ability to drag & drop items (from ah for example) into search bar.
    The option to show and pin the amount of currency we want to follow is really handy.
    Also the ability to sort bags and their content type would make inventory management easier.
    Same search option is implemented in companion and mount selection window, good move.
    A nice idea is the ability to see where we left the character and what item level he has.
    I have just one suggestion for feature.
    Can you add search box in a window where we choosing the power of companion in slot? (offense, defense utility slot)
    Small things but makes life easier.
    Bravo, great job, these features definitely improve the enjoyment of the game!
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

This is my summary of the Dark Maiden set for paladin and vaguely for tanks in general, because there is not a reward topics yet.

The boots are not good enough, but it's because the rugged boots are kind of overpowered. I see no reason to balance them against something giving 20% HP and 3% Defense most of the time. Suffering from success.

The 10% threat helm us just plain horrid. Make it 5-10% HP and double in Underdark or something.

Longer rant: Zero contribution to anything offensive/defensive, tanks that are able to obtain it also don't need aggro and up to 10% is not solving it. Up to, because the manticore bite bonus from mythic is both great for aggro (AND actual damage contribution) and also because not sure if it multiplicative, actual 10% or additive, which is basically negligible%.

The armor is also not great, also I personally dislike how there is only a single word difference in a two line text between the armors. The damage bonus is fine, but very little use. Also make it 10% HP and double in Underdark or something.

On the armlet it's too soon to judge, needs further testing, especially on the area of damage, but based on how disappointing the rest is, I am not incentivized to get it.

Why so much HP buff bonus? It's simple to do, it's the simplest to scale boss damage to, especially if only you need to do that with MToS bosses, where it becomes significant.

@muschellka#7783 @plasticbat Didn't intend to start a major discussion on what is clearly a low impact bug. I honestly don't care enough. My part in the debate ends here.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    I've went through the tiresome process of killing every single small spider in Into The Tower quest on every floor. Even though it's a small thing, I'd like to see an achievement made for this.

I've went through the tiresome process of killing every single small spider in Into The Tower quest on every floor. Even though it's a small thing, I'd like to see an achievement made for this.

Elite Whaleboy
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

Too many currencies, it's quite a pain to keep track of so many currencies for so many different things.

Please drop the weekly haul, I found Undermountain far more enjoyable, because I could finish it in one weekend if I so chose.

It's bad enough adding yet another AD sink with this campaign, but to also make all the gear BtC/BoE on pick up is absurd. If I wanna farm the gear for alts with my best performing toon, why shouldn't I be allowed to.

And please drop the seals requirement for the boon points. Boons are pretty worthless anyhow, so please don't force us into doing queues just to get the boons.

Give us campaign currency for completing the story arc, not for repeatable quests. I swear this game is just one giant hamster wheel lately. Do this, rinse, repeat, wait for next week to start before doing anything else cuz of weekly haul.

And stop recycling content, give us a new, NEW, dungeon, new, NEW trial. Not a rework of an old ones. I mean seriously are you guys so short of money that you can't pay at least one decent writer to come up with new stuff/story lines?

Please increase the minimum item level for this campaign. Most of the players are 70k+ by now, I want something that is somewhat challenging. I just played on my preview toon, a 47k pally, and it was way easier than New New Sharandar was when it first dropped. And yes, I was below minimum IL for that also when I started it.

If it wasn't for having nearly a years of VIP, I probably wouldn't even log in everyday. There's nothing to do, and nothing interesting enough to run alts thru even one time.
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    My own take on campaign progression:

1. Increase weekly haul to 200. It takes 10 weeks to finish the campaign without any boosters. 10 weeks is way too much for just companion gear unlock and barely decent weapon set. And doing same quests over and over for 10 weeks straight will just make players sick.

2. Agreeing with post above slightly, add some currency to story quests. Not just weekly/repeatable.

My own take on campaign progression:

1. Increase weekly haul to 200. It takes 10 weeks to finish the campaign without any boosters. 10 weeks is way too much for just companion gear unlock and barely decent weapon set. And doing same quests over and over for 10 weeks straight will just make players sick.

This would be even better!
    Elite Whaleboy
  • avathar#2753 avathar Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 26 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the feedback from the weekend!
    Working on getting fixes in for the missions and critters in the zone, and poking people about the VFX/Lighting Issues.
  • avathar#2753 avathar Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 26 Cryptic Developer

there is a persisting multicolor flashing halo on our characters in the new zone.

It is related to the illusion weapon and armor enchants slot in the fashion tab of the character

To go off of what Werdandi mentioned previous:

Weapon Illusions flash and blink in new zone, potential seizure issues.

Certain weapon visuals flash and strobe in the new zone (I assume because of the new lighting in that area) and are very painful to see/ potential seizure warning. Other players can see the issue as well, not just the player the illusion is on. I went to the new zone and checked all the illusions I had on my specific toon, and found the following:

Dread, Terror, Plague, Bilethorn, Divine Vorpal all do NOT strobe. Lifedrinker strobes a lot and I will attach a link to show video evidence. Vorpal does not flash as bad, but still has a strobby/flashing element to it. Surprisingly the Divine Vorpal did not xD

Here is a link to video evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rAJtHuJzqg

For folks who are having issues with FX doing strange things in the adventure zone, could you please edit your posts or reply to this one with your graphics settings? This will make it easier to track down any issues that might be unique to specific settings etc.