test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Achievements Issue Thread

skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2020 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Hey Xbox users,

I'm ashamed of how so many of these issues are scattered around this forums and gone unresolved. I've linked the three most recent threads below. Can you all comment on this thread with any other achievements that are not unlocking as expected? I'm going to have a QA member do a full pass on Xbox Achievements next week and push any confirmed issue to the top of the list for M18 console release.

- https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1253674/so-is-the-fragment-quest-ever-gonna-be-truly-fixed
- https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1253853/master-of-fragments-achievement-not-unlocking
- https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1250346/achievements-no-longer-achievable

QA has your back

- SKing
Post edited by skingdev#1102 on

Comments

• This link outlines buggy achievements: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Neverwinter/achievements (you can filter by it). It's pretty up to date and will tell you which ones are discontinued (no longer achievable) and which ones are buggy.

The Fragment quest, Defeating Halaster, and Defeating Halaster without dying achievements are definitely bugged though.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Hi, after all this time I wasn't expecting anything, but maybe you can do something about this one:
    There's also the achievement "The Ascendant" that is still bugged for me, even after several threads like this one from two years ago

Probably not but who knows...
  • hamkethamket Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This one is broken:

Master of Fragments - Defeat Red Dragon Knight and Neothelid with three runes attuned

No matter how many times I attempt it, neither the in-game achievement or the Xbox achievement unlock. From what I can tell, it was working, albeit incorrectly, until a past update broke it completely.
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
    [Update] I have a tester working through these this week. Once we have the issues researched and verified, we will get them in our database. From there I will push for fixes within the first few patches after M18 Console release.

Hopefully we can clear out these backlogged issues

- SKing
  • dmjay1dmjay1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The achievement to get gold on demogorgan (normal difficulty) is broken, only because we dont have the normal difficulty one anymore and it doesn't stack with the epic difficulty.
  • blueradium#7393 blueradium Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Thank you for giving this attention! Getting pretty close to 100%-ing the Xbox achievements for Neverwinter. Would be a huge shame for Doer of Deeds and Great Deeds to be a permanent block on it.
  • jeremy#4925 jeremy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Master of Fragments... no achievement. thanking you now, for the future fix! 😁👍
  • rdevivo93#2131 rdevivo93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

[Update] I have a tester working through these this week. Once we have the issues researched and verified, we will get them in our database. From there I will push for fixes within the first few patches after M18 Console release.

Hopefully we can clear out these backlogged issues

- SKing

Hey Sking, any update on this?
    We've verified all the issues and put them into our database. They unfortunately have been prioritized behind M18 crashes, and fixes for our console launch. Our 18.1 (next patch) will focus on console crashes and issues introduced by M18. 18.2 (next, next patch) should be able to address global/legacy issues like our achievements. Sorry to kick these down the road, but we will get them when we can.

Stay tuned

- SKing
  • with1ntheruins#4266 with1ntheruins Member Posts: 24 Arc User

We've verified all the issues and put them into our database. They unfortunately have been prioritized behind M18 crashes, and fixes for our console launch. Our 18.1 (next patch) will focus on console crashes and issues introduced by M18. 18.2 (next, next patch) should be able to address global/legacy issues like our achievements. Sorry to kick these down the road, but we will get them when we can.

Stay tuned

- SKing

Hi SKing,

I was a very avid player of NW for a long time (over 1400 hours logged on xbox). I stopped playing for a while when the last major overhaul was done (mod16 I believe?). I was not happy with a lot of the decisions that were made and felt that the game was taking a very bad turn and it was no longer fun to me.

Since then I've come back a bit and I heard from my friend that I played with that there was a change in the NW team and that it was a lot better at listening to the community/more responsive to questions and posts.

All of that said, I wanted to see if you could provide an estimate on when we can expect patch 18.2? I like the new campaign and I am a completionist. I'm close to 100%'ing neverwinter, always a goal of mine. However I really don't want to progress much more until I know I won't glitch my main character and have to do it all over again with an alt.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and addressing community concerns, especially achievement related ones. I know the community that actively tries to earn them is smaller than the general player base so it's nice to know you are looking out for us.

Stay tuned

- SKing

Hi SKing,

I was a very avid player of NW for a long time (over 1400 hours logged on xbox). I stopped playing for a while when the last major overhaul was done (mod16 I believe?). I was not happy with a lot of the decisions that were made and felt that the game was taking a very bad turn and it was no longer fun to me.

Since then I've come back a bit and I heard from my friend that I played with that there was a change in the NW team and that it was a lot better at listening to the community/more responsive to questions and posts.

All of that said, I wanted to see if you could provide an estimate on when we can expect patch 18.2? I like the new campaign and I am a completionist. I'm close to 100%'ing neverwinter, always a goal of mine. However I really don't want to progress much more until I know I won't glitch my main character and have to do it all over again with an alt.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and addressing community concerns, especially achievement related ones. I know the community that actively tries to earn them is smaller than the general player base so it's nice to know you are looking out for us.
    Hey, glad to have you back. We just finished off the 18.1 patch and have begun working on 18.2. We will be working to get it out as soon as we can. Don't worry if you run into any achievements issues, our fixes will strive to be retroactive.

Sorry to be so broad, it is hard to have specific dates due to world events,

- SKing
  • mathnotevenonce#2925 mathnotevenonce Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Looks like Out on a limb, and Infernal Citadel fail to unlock upon completion. Getting a little tired of these issues.

Why do achievements only check once?
    Why can't I retrigger the achievement?

Beyond frustrating.

I got the in-game achievements and title btw. Just no Xbox achievement.

Add Hardened Glyphwright. Did 20. Got in-game, no xbox achievement. :-1:

People are reporting missing achievements in other games due to XBL. But my point stands, the inability to retroactively earn achievements is frustrating. I don't have as much time to dedicate anymore to multiple toons. So when my one main doesn't get the unlock, it takes me forever to re-earn the achievement. Despite completing the condition.

EDIT 3/17/2020: An alliance member had the issue where they didn't unlock today.
    Post edited by mathnotevenonce#2925 on

Stay tuned

- SKing

Hi SKing,

Hey, glad to have you back. We just finished off the 18.1 patch and have begun working on 18.2. We will be working to get it out as soon as we can. Don't worry if you run into any achievements issues, our fixes will strive to be retroactive.

Sorry to be so broad, it is hard to have specific dates due to world events,

- SKing
    Thanks! Appreciate the response and yeah I'm sure this whole corona HAMSTER is throwing a wrench into things.
  • firehazardcs#8808 firehazardcs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thanks for resetting progress for Hardened Glyphwright achievement. Was at 16/20 I think and now I'm at 0/20. I could see it being a mistake if it happened once, but I'm starting this think this is intentionally done to get people to play the game longer in hopes they'll spend more money because this also happened in Uprising with Yrlakka's Recon Operative achievement.
  • sjza80sjza80 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    As above, progress for Hardened Glyphwright has been reset to zero. Seriously, can your team just get things right for once? After having to pull a whole separate character all the way through undermountain to trigger the Zerthimon achievement (painful experience!), rather than just fixing it retroactively identifying I'd already done it on my main, I now have to spend another 6-7 weeks working on an achievement I should have unlocked because after yet another broken patch update progress was wiped.

Get this fixed, update progress retroactively.
    sjza80 said:

As above, progress for Hardened Glyphwright has been reset to zero. Seriously, can your team just get things right for once? After having to pull a whole separate character all the way through undermountain to trigger the Zerthimon achievement (painful experience!), rather than just fixing it retroactively identifying I'd already done it on my main, I now have to spend another 6-7 weeks working on an achievement I should have unlocked because after yet another broken patch update progress was wiped.

Get this fixed, update progress retroactively.

Apparently there was an exploit where you could accept & drop the weekly glyphworks quests repeatedly and it still counted towards the achievement and they patched it out but also decided to wipe everyone's progress. Why the hell do I get penalized for something I had no idea was a thing and now have to wait an extra five weeks to get an achievement I already nearly completed legitimately? That's a HAMSTER move. Just own your mistake and patch it out. Punishing legit players for cheaters is a really fast way to HAMSTER off your players.
    Looks like skingdev is no longer here.

Are these achievements being looked at? Some just 100% won't unlock. And others are buggy or have inane conditions set.
    Numerous alliance members doing cape runs had to attempt it 5x to get their cape too.

Why do you keep adding achievements when the ones you already have don't work properly? I can only imagine how irritated the cape runners were just to see no cape. This is supremely disappointing.
  • hmacairan2hmacairan2 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 16 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2020
    Master of Fragments fixed on the next update while Zerthimon Reconciled should now be fixed. We understand the fixes are coming in slow but the devs are well aware of these issues. I'll make sure to continue and update this thread as much as possible.
    Glad to hear it @hmacairan2 ! thank you
  • jagermeistertxjagermeistertx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2020

Master of Fragments fixed on the next update while Zerthimon Reconciled should now be fixed. We understand the fixes are coming in slow but the devs are well aware of these issues. I'll make sure to continue and update this thread as much as possible.

Zerthimon Reconciled was not fixed for some people. I unlocked it in game both before and after the "fix" on multiple characters and it still did not unlock on Xbox live. I unlocked it with toons who hadn't even started that mod until after the "fix" and nothing.

So far these are the achievements I've unlocked in game and nothing has popped up on Xbox live...

Zerthimon Reconciled (multiple toons)
    Yrlakka's Recon Operative (multiple toons)
    Delirium? Lunacy? Delicacy! (multiple completions)
    Out on a Limb (multiple completions)
    The Infernal Citadel (multiple completions)
    The Fiends List (multiple toons)
    Catapult Master (multiple toons)

Basically anything after the Stardock mod has been hosed.

PS - Making players repeat the achievement requirements on a different character after it's supposedly been fixed is not acceptable either.
    @jagermeistertx . Thank you for the report, I will get these in the database and talk to a a dev about it. I will keep you guys posted as soon as fixes come in.
  • previewtester#6194 previewtester Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @hmacairan2 said:
    > @jagermeistertx . Thank you for the report, I will get these in the database and talk to a a dev about it. I will keep you guys posted as soon as fixes come in.

Cryptic, any update on Xbox achievement issues? Zerthimon Reconciled has been bugged for me for many months since Stardock became available.
  • critslain#7719 critslain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi, the achievements;
    "doer of deeds"
    "greater deeds"
    are unobtainable on Xbox One, just bringing to your attention & wondering when they will be fixed? Thanks.
    @hmacairan2 Any update from the dev or qa team on these issues?

> @hmacairan2 said:

> @jagermeistertx . Thank you for the report, I will get these in the database and talk to a a dev about it. I will keep you guys posted as soon as fixes come in.

Cryptic, any update on Xbox achievement issues? Zerthimon Reconciled has been bugged for me for many months since Stardock became available.

When we tested Achievements like Zerthimon Reconciled we found that the achievement was actually unlocking after a few minutes of getting the achievement or a day later, this is a issue with the xbox, can you check to see if the Zerthimon Achievement is unlocked now?

Hi, the achievements;

"doer of deeds"

"greater deeds"

are unobtainable on Xbox One, just bringing to your attention & wondering when they will be fixed? Thanks.

We're aware of the issue and, in the long term, will be looking into ways to allow players to unlock outdated achievements.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited June 2020

edit oops. wrong thread.

Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I have every Xbox achievement. They are all attainable at this current time.
    The in game achievements are not... are you asking for those or the Xbox achievements?

I have every Xbox achievement. They are all attainable at this current time.
    The in game achievements are not... are you asking for those or the Xbox achievements?

The deeds achievements on xbox were discontinued, so they're not all attainable. https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Neverwinter/achievements

Second, there are achievements that have ridiculous conditions which are broken, and appear unobtainable but are obtainable like Master of Undermountain. Where everyone has to leave instance, regroup, queue, for the cape. I have all but this one, but can confirm deeds are not obtainable anymore.

> @hmacairan2 said:

When we tested Achievements like Zerthimon Reconciled we found that the achievement was actually unlocking after a few minutes of getting the achievement or a day later, this is a issue with the xbox, can you check to see if the Zerthimon Achievement is unlocked now?

Thanks for getting back to us. This Xbox achievement and in game achievement is still bugged for me. I have the achievement for beating Tower of Mad Mage (Xbox and in game), and I have 17 Fragment of Zerthimon in my inventory, so I definitely should have it but I don't.

Do I really need to level up another character to try and get it? Can you update the game to retroactively look for completions or at least check for it on every Fragment Expedition quest completion (or any other ideas) without me having to start a new character?