test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Old: The Dread Vault - Cancellation on Console

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2019 in News & Announcements
Greetings,

After extensive review of your feedback from the run of Tales of Old: The Dread Vault on our PC shards, we've decided to take a longer look at the difficulty of Tales of Old as a whole. Because we were not able to iterate sufficiently on the event in time for this week's run of The Dread Vault, we determined that it would be better to cancel this run, rather than delay or extend it.

There will be more Tales of Old events later this year, and these will have adjustments to make Difficulty 4 and 5 much more achievable, and Difficulty 3, 4, and 5 more rewarding. In addition, players will have their chance to get the Flayed Storyteller's Journal and the other Dread Vault specific rewards in Tales of Old: The Grand Retelling, which will be a two-week event that runs toward the end of the year. Some information can be found here, and more details will come later.

Thank you for your patience and for your feedback,
Terramak
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    is something else gonna run to take it's place so we don't get bored. (we already are) :)
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    That is very good, both the cancelling for console and the grand retelling to allow players to earn a past book (i'm guessing this is for all 3 platforms right?).
    Congrats
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    You know what would be great to replace it for the time being? Double SH Shards. Yep! That would be great :)
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    edited October 2019

You know what would be great to replace it for the time being? Double SH Shards. Yep! That would be great :)

disagree. that is boring. some kind of actual event is what I'm rooting for. honestly bored to death here. we've had a lot of non events now. need something to do.
    honestly I"d rather they didn't cancel it for at least the chance to do the first couple levels. and do the catch up at the end of hte year.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    :(
    Grand Re-Telling seems like a great thing, but no Dread Vault now, sad :(
  • dspeic43#8473 dspeic43 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am pretty pumped that the DEVS posted a response/statement regarding this event. I was getting anxious about the event being completely broken like it was on PC. Im glad to hear you guys are working on it. I think taking the time to ensure it works properly and is a good experience will make lots of customers/players happy. If the grand retelling is 2 weeks and you can get both books I assume you can get 2 chapters as well? And that means a belt or a neck piece all in one go? That would be awesome to get all that in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it.
  • jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Thank you for making a good decision for the console community. I feel this was a good idea but I hope that you have some kind of event for us to participate in this weekend to lessen the boredom of running MEs, WEs and FEs...
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Thanks to the upcoming nerf hammer to many classes this will be the last time many can do it.

Should rather be the grand unbalancing
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    hrakh said:

Thank you for ensuring that console is spared the experience we've had to endure on PC. Also, the retelling seems to be a great idea, looking forward to that.

I do have one small request concerning all of this though: Would it be possible in future to have a little more community engagement, so that we, the community, do not have to wait ages for a simple acknowledgement of the "feedback" we provide.

Being made to yell into an abyss of silence amplifies player frustration and makes communication toxic in a hurry. This helps nobody in the community. If you could let us know we are being heard/seen on a little more regular basis, things might not spin out of control quite as much.

The CM had 2 weeks of med leave and been a little slower bouncing back. That's the main issue with the communication at the moment. Give her some time to get back on her feet, please?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Please update the TOO artifacts to 300IL, the neck and belt has already been done. Thanks
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    hopefully a real playable adventures that isnt frustrating or hardcore. let leaders of group and vote to select difficulty before entering.
    most group doesnt like one of AI's weekly with 1 death rule penalized other members, not right to cause fails and not completling it. that one of reason why many pugs avoiding some "Ques" since there are some griefers or very undergeared.
  • kasumia#8922 kasumia Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can we have a siege of neverwinter in its place. :) PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    Excited to hear there will be more Tales later this year with the The Grand Retelling. Unfortunately this is the 2nd time I've taken time off work for for this event, only to have it cancelled at last minute...lol. More advanced notice would be appreciated thanks.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I am sad that it scheduled the same weekend as duple refinement event.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!