test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL M17: Tower of the Mad Mage Feedback

asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Greetings adventurers, Asterdahl here! This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the upcoming trial: the Tower of the Mad Mage.

The Tower of the Mad Mage is the final showdown with Halaster and requires item level 24,000 to enter. As always, we're looking for both bug reports, and any feedback you may have. Good luck adventurers!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: The visual effects for Halaster's arcane blast don't play when I am looking away, but I still take damage.

Post edited by asterdahl on

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    24k isn’t unreasonably difficult to hit.

For characters without high-ranked enchants it means using more of the newer equipment even when the bonuses are sub-par, but with the ratings going up (another 12k, I think?), we may need to swap some pieces just to meet the new caps without overhauling enchants yet again.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Are my toughts right? That they are going to add new equip that add % of damage + new companion gears, to 'fill' new caps?

I hope so, even if any ranged class its goin to be a lot more efficent in basic lomm runs than a slow movement melee class, ranged classes got a worst equipment than melee classes, they miss +3% damage New Shirt, because they have no % dmg boots (endurance boots doest stack with 3% damage shirt) so every ranged class (dragonborn) its 3% under others.

Any toughts to boost Cavalery Warning Mount Emblem set to give more stuffs? (add stamina, more power, run speed or take combat advantage when use legendary mount power)
    Post edited by djnasty93 on
  • claudiodnclaudiodn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    edit
    wrong chat.
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    vorphied said:

24k isn’t unreasonably difficult to hit.

For characters without high-ranked enchants it means using more of the newer equipment even when the bonuses are sub-par, but with the ratings going up (another 12k, I think?), we may need to swap some pieces just to meet the new caps without overhauling enchants yet again.

The good thing is that's actually not that hard at endgame to reach offensive caps, I'd just buy a second choke chain and with that 2 + pearl ring basically missing 10k CA only, new companion gear will help to close that gap for sure.
    An healer has to stack same stats as before, while a tank has a more complex job, but they don't need old % gear.
    What needs to be taken into account for dmg dealers is to build a bit tankier, the more you die the more you stack revive sickness stacks and reduced dmg from its debuff means a sure wipe during dps check phases.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Yes, this is finally a dungeon that is fun and challenging to play. I think maybe it will need to be tuned down a SMALL amount (maybe 10-15%, that is it). I am worried it will be much harder when the revive sickness bug is fixed.... but we will see then.

Seriously though, I have NEVER been this excited for an upcoming mod. This shows a lot of promise, and is really motivating me to get my char back into tip-top DPS shape like I used to be when I was really active, instead of just playing casually like I have been recently.

I think that a lot of players will complain that it is too hard, and I just hope that this doesn't force the team to make the dungeon easier. As a software engineer myself, I know that sometimes pushback from customers can put a lot of pressure to change things, but please, please, PLEASE do not nerf this trial into oblivion. This is finally fun, finally challenging

One bug is
    Watcher bonus doesnt reset in ToMM when the person dies

dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    chemjeff said:

24,000? You're kidding right?

Dev's should make a special version of this trial especially for you.
    Lets say... on Cloaktower difficulty ?????
    I see you in PE chat when Mod17 comes alive, with a BIG bucket of popcorn beside me..

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    finmakin said:

So, I came up with the thought that it should be possible for leader to attach a special icon on the tanks (even if its a simple downwards arrow) so everyone can see (especially the healers) where the tanks are located at all time in the fast pacing movements in this trial..

Until that happens (if ever), why not bind a key to target and cast a specific power? Like what we used to do before for Exalt, Bane and Divine Glow.

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited July 2019

finmakin said:

So, I came up with the thought that it should be possible for leader to attach a special icon on the tanks (even if its a simple downwards arrow) so everyone can see (especially the healers) where the tanks are located at all time in the fast pacing movements in this trial..

Until that happens (if ever), why not bind a key to target and cast a specific power? Like what we used to do before for Exalt, Bane and Divine Glow.

I have Always done that, and still doing by placing Bonds of Virtue on a tank, but I have a weird habit to stay close to tank (as I am a tank myself in 1th place, Heal is at this moment secondary for me) for dropping a Paladin sigil on tank (if it's needed) as example.
    The reason I came on this thought is because this trial (which I love to the bone, great work Lassor) is very dynamic one with a lot of movements, therefore it would be handy to see where the tanks are by a placed icon on them.
    Not only for healers, but also for squishies because they don't want to be close to tank when the big things comes… Especially in this trial.

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

finmakin said:

would be tactical for paladin tanks to use bubble +immunity feat to deal with halaster blast a nd time daily power to be casted when he cast his ball?
    edited July 2019

https://clips.twitch.tv/HorribleCallousMilkCorgiDerp

Here is the combat log:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326032679029964800/599349581427507200/ToMM_Win.act
    And an overview:

This dungeon is awesome, please sir, can I have some more!
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    I was unable to use reroll tokens or AD to reroll the rewards chests in ToMM. Considering the enormous loot table, I hope this gets fixed before it hits live!
  • viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Can you turn down the brightness of the electricity around the outside of the room in phase 3, as its very bright, and when I am playing it turns my room into a mini night club, with flashing lights everywhere.

Halaster used multiple mechanics at the same time, such as disentigration wave and heatwave, teleporting the boss, where he then continued to use his other mechanics while being untargetable outside of the arena.
    Video here: https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestPricklyHorseradishUncleNox
    As of the current patch, the boss has too many hitpoints during phase 2. On the previous successful attempt, the boss had:

26m HP. During the run today, we removed:

48m hp and the boss still had 90% of his HP total. Here is a video of the fight:

https://clips.twitch.tv/IcyTolerantDuckSwiftRage

As of the current patch, the boss has too many hitpoints during phase 2. On the previous successful attempt, the boss had:

48m hp and the boss still had 90% of his HP total. Here is a video of the fight:

Pfft, are you saying that you can't deal 500m damage per phase Sharp? What a noob.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Please keep this at the level where players like Sharp find it challenging and interesting.

But, the key is the rewards.

The rewards for hard content have to be appropriate for the effort required to get them, and I don’t have a problem with the rewards offered for ToMM. I just hope they remain relevant for the next 12 months.

Then the difficulty will be worth mastering, not just for the sake of it.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

Pfft, are you saying that you can't deal 500m damage per phase Sharp? What a noob.
    I heard you couldn't beat it on easy mode @katamaster81899 :P

I heard you couldn't beat it on easy mode @katamaster81899 :P

You trying bring DPS GF's on your run, and tell me how that makes the DPS Checks :P

All things aside, no I couldn't beat it, at least not yet, and I'm fine with that - gives me something to work towards.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    I'm scared. Hold my hand?
    For anyone wanting to attempt the trial, sume's video is a very good go to in order to start learning it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3IbdsueVpo