test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Wyllowwood Feedback

Wyllowwood is an even deeper level of Undermountain with more than a few surprises. Remember, It is an open zone and you can use your mount here.

We would love to see any sort of feedback, but notes on environment collision, encounter difficulty and quest flow would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: In The Ogre Has No Clothes, the ogre just stood still and let me defeat him.

Feedback: The wall around the tower in Wyllowwood should be climbable, it looks climbable.

Comments

• jehzir#4444 jehzir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Wyllowwood: Quest: Claws of Malar
    WIll hang on Arcturia calling the followers of Malar to her. The groups are killable, but do not count for the (4/4) required. There are no specifics to figure out why it is not accepting any kills as it does not describe what a "group" is. The dragon is not present to speak when it bugs.

Additional Information:
    1. After completely logging out, dropping the quest outside of the Claws of Malar area, retake the quest, it will complete ONLY IF the dragon talks during the Arcturia fight.
    2. With the amount of savages rooting you it becomes extremely difficult to even use a power, let alone even move. During the fight I was using a Elven Battle Armor, Rank 13 at 85% resistance, and these mobs were rooting every time without fail
    Post edited by jehzir#4444 on
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The pants Soiled Trousers of the Lonely, that you get at the end of Twisted Caverns but right before Wyllowood (at the gate) have no enchant slot. The shirt has a slot, but the pants don't? TIL 770.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    In the Willowood expedition, on the 2nd map (where there is a power in this room, and a large lake), it is possible to enter the lake and just keep going beyond the bounds of the map. The map even says this is a new area, until you eventually fall through the floor and die. Invisible boundries are needed. Since searching for relics will be key, not having them is bad.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    During the Valdemar's Lair quest, after I defeated Valdemar (but before the final blow with the sword) I had a "Test Dummy" appear in his place.
  • waywardchampionwaywardchampion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    <font color=red>Bug report</font>
    Valdemars Lair - missing texture in front of the doors leading to the Kobolt cave. It just shows that area as blank white on my screen.

<font color=cyan>Feedback</font>
    I found the fight with the dragon to be somewhat too easy. It wasn't particularly challenging, and was over with too quickly. I have deliberately avoided using any of the improperly scaled items so as to provide better feedback, so its not due to my gear not being scaled properly

Also, it would be nice to ask the unique assistant that you find a few questions before you have them join you. For all any character would know it may be cursed, or worse, an annoying chatterbox :)
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Wyllowwood is my favorite of the zones, and I LOVE Tearulai. But there needs to be dialog options when you meet.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    Claws of Malar. Can get to 3/4, but it will not complete if the Dragon doesn't talk. Also seems to be some damage inconsistencies. I can whack (lashing blade) an elite type mob for 200k, but hit the next trash mob after LB comes off cool down for a whopping...702, lol

I think you all are on the right path here. I am just so happy that this climb to 80 did not mean Vigilance quests! And as one the above post stated, dropping and leaving the Claws quest did reset it for me and I was able to complete it.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Valdemar's Lair, if you leave the lair before Tearulai leaves at the end you do not progress and must redo the whole instance.

There is no campfire near the dragon, which is kind of annoying.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I've completed Into Wyllowood, now I don't have any quests and can't find anyone to give me one. I've been both in Wyllowood and at the Yawning Portal looking.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    On 4th wave of the cultists, 'Claws of Malar' quest, i got caught in an infinite wave of cultists. Killed over a hundred and they just keep coming.

Character: Lilith 1
    After all enemies are defeated in the Claws of Malar quest, the small portal that is created to return to the instance no longer works with the new VFX, fortunately the main gate is active and that let me get out.

It still feels strange to defeat Acturia here and have her be the first boss of the new dungeon.

Also it seems redundant to return to the instance at the end of Claws of Malar and not just go directly from it to the Yawning Portal and speaking with Obaya. Its not like the sword/dragon couldn't say "see ya, here's the loot" from in the instance.

Still no campfire at the sword/dragon's tower, which is still annoying.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    The quest marker for the dragon is often hidden inside his body and hard to identify & locate (on map) when you first enter the zone. Also, it felt like I have to play hide and seek for the campaign as I went to River district then had to figure out where to go next without a quest back to the woods.

Claws of Malar quest - Bugged on first quest attempt, killed all enemies but couldn't get credit for more than 3/4. I tried dying and changing character (log out) to get a reset but had to go back to instance entrance to exit and restart. Next quest attempt progressed through (4/4) to the boss fight and exit portal but the portal bugged and wouldn't let me select it. Went back to entrance again to exit zone.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I believe Obaydah told me to look for a gatestaff, but I have no quest for it. Wandering around Wyllowwood, my navigator mentioned the Gatestaff being close when I was near a gate. Where is this at?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Some feedback:
    • Quest typo from Obaya Uday, 'Into the Wilds': "although I understand that is a nearly impossible in Undermountain", should be "although I understand that is a nearly impossible task in Undermountain".

• Sometimes, the quest tracker breaks down and I don't know where to go next. E.g. Into the Wilds, I needed to use the map behind Obaya Uday, but nothing in the dialogue told me to look at it. Also the sparkly trail did not appear until I was close to it, instead, I wandered to the well and visited all the zones to try to figure out where to go next.

• Quest typo from Tearulai after defeating Arcturia, says: "Thank goodness that Arcturia is destoyed" should be "destroyed".

• A smaller portal appears after Tearulai leaves after defeating Arcturia, which you can't enter. The real portal is a longer distance away. Confusing

• When I do expeditions it says, "You have discovered a new campsite", but the map had already been loaded from a previous run through and the map had already been revealed.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I did the Claws of Malar quest again with a blademaster barbarian, no issues with quest completion but Arcturia is tough - hits hard (I mainly had the undermountain weapons and a mix of the starter/quest equipment) After about 2-3 attempts I got past it though. The quest is still missing images for quest conversations and Arcturia will come to the campfire to attack you if you do die after about 5ish seconds. If/when she kills you at the fire, she will go back to the center where you encounter her then come back.
    edited April 2019
    I have now done Arcturia on toons that range from 18k down to 14k when they reach her on Preview. Everything was fine until I got to her with my 14k Fighter.

This was the pattern:
    She casts the AP drain power instantly.
    She instantly follows that up with the Butterfly Golem.
    Then she starts draining your health, and restoring hers should she have actually lost any.

If you don’t have a health stone at this point you are probably going to die.

Because you are a melee character with no range options you go to her to do damage.
    She casts Butterfly Golem and stays in it.

She can have up to 3 or 4 of these active at once, so they actually start to fill the arena.

The Butterfly Golem ignores Determination daily (possibly a bug, possibly WAI).

At higher iL or with ranged attacks you can burst her down reliably, but once you start struggling to have enough Power/ArP/Accuracy to do significant burst damage she becomes a terror.

The Twig Blights in the Claws of Malar are also unexpectedly tough, far tougher than any other normal mob in there and they get lots of Druid help as well.

I used 14 health stone just to complete that one instance on the toon...

So it seems to be “just right” for better geared toons and super hard to impossible for lower geared toons.

The exit that is summoned for you still doesn't work and you have to use the gate to exit.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    The Claws of Malar/Arcturia quest should be looked at. If I remember correctly it is stated as 74 level quest. It feels more like 80 level one. Not sure what goes to scaling problem and what to actual difficulty design, but I did it with my 80lvl wizard and it was really tough and imho over the top. Died a lot. During the fight it looked like scaling had some difficulty spikes after few of my deaths. Sadly I had no ACT, but as I did not change any gear/build/strategy waves of mobs hit me definitively with different power during my several attempts.
    The fight with Arcturia itself should be more tuned. Right now it is fight for really experienced players with high top gear.

I experienced bug during the fight with 4 waves of cultists right before Arcturia fight. Instead of each wave would appear alone, I was smashed by all four waves at once. Happened several times, after few of my deaths it started working normally and finally each wave came alone.

Not sure if bug, but from the logic of fight mechanics it looks like one. If I tried to hide behind any solid object to interupt Arcturia "beam" it went through the objects and got hit me every time.
  • ninelostsoulsninelostsouls Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    elsunga said:

The Claws of Malar/Arcturia quest should be looked at. If I remember correctly it is stated as 74 level quest. It feels more like 80 level one. Not sure what goes to scaling problem and what to actual difficulty design, but I did it with my 80lvl wizard and it was really tough and imho over the top. Died a lot. During the fight it looked like scaling had some difficulty spikes after few of my deaths. Sadly I had no ACT, but as I did not change any gear/build/strategy waves of mobs hit me definitively with different power during my several attempts.
    The fight with Arcturia itself should be more tuned. Right now it is fight for really experienced players with high top gear.

I agree entirely having taken two toons to 80. and starting to get my gear at 14-15k. I just find her impossible to beat with my Cleric. My Wizard managed after about about 14 attempts but again 80th with about 15k Gear... To be honest having levelled up to here and playing solo. I think this might be whats drive me off NW and back to Horizon Zero Dawn after getting my toons to 80.