test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: New Mounts in M14!

thecourtfool#5656 thecourtfool Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 9 Cryptic Developer
Hello all! With M14 coming up, this only means new things! We will be introducing a couple of new mounts, but I want to make sure these are the best they can be for all of you! So please, let me know all of your comments and feedback. If you happen to get your hands on one of these mounts in preview, let me know what you thought of it! To go with the spooky atmosphere of M14, we will be introducing two new mounts:

The Mist Form Mount
Take on a mist form and glide about while scaring your friends from behind! *(Does not come with stealth advantage or working mist machine)

The Bat Swarm Mount
Who needs a physical body when you can turn into bats and take wing into the night! *(Side effects include wishing to drink the blood of others)

Enchanted Broom Mount
Take flight on a magic broom! Help clean the streets while you're at it!

As it stands, these are the current attributes of the mounts:
  • Bat Swarm Mount: Legendary, +4,000 Life Steal Severity, 140% movement speed. Insignias: Illuminated, Universal, Universal. Combat Power: Summon a swarm of bats which will release you from most control effects while granting you a 5% bonus to damage. Your target will be slowed by 5%, take 5% more damage, cause 5% less damage, have their critical chance reduced by 5%, and have their Action Point Gains reduced by 5% for 10 seconds. Target is debuffed for 5 seconds in PvP.
  • Mist Form Mount: Epic, +2,000 Life Steal Severity, 110% movement speed. Insignias: Crescent, Barbed, Universal
  • Enchanted Broom Mount: Epic, +2,000 Power, 110% movement speed. Insignias: Regal, Illuminated, Universal
Post edited by thecourtfool#5656 on
Tagged:

Comments

• vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Are they legendary mounts? What theirs combat and equip power?

The bat one looks really noice.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Are these lockbox mounts or other?

I like the bat swarm mount best out of these 2, both are really cool though.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • luvshack74luvshack74 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The Swarm which is bat looking mount which is legendary its power is bat swarm
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    If the design seem to be nice, we need to see the mounts with a rider.
    They can pass from nice to ridiculous
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    brewald said:

If the design seem to be nice, we need to see the mounts with a rider.
    They can pass from nice to ridiculous

I think the idea behind the mounts is that your character literally turns into a mist creature or a swarm of bats, so you don't see a rider. Kinda like how the apparatus of gond puts you in a lobster tank.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    @malignantmind#3340
    In this case it's fine, but need to be sure.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Thats some really aweosme mounts! Ill start hoarding keys since today, must get them
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    were is the broom mount?
  • deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Id personally want a Bunny Mount, hopping around everywhere ...

But for this module, why not a sliding casket ?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

va8Ru.gif
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I was promised a broom stick mount.
    Where is my broom stick mount?

Do I get a boomstick with the legendary version?

• darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I was promised a broom stick mount.
    Where is my broom stick mount?

Do I get a boomstick with the legendary version?

FYI, if you're serious and haven't checked preview there is a broomstick mount. Don't get too excited though as it looks like it's a Halloween event item only.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I like the look of both these mounts. My wife is going to go nuts to get these! I may not be able to convince her to upgrade enchantments and artifacts while she saves up for these. LOL! It would be nice to have more information about them, such as their quality and powers.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

If you happen to get your hands on one of these mounts in preview, let me know what you thought of it! To go with the spooky atmosphere of M14, we will be introducing two new mounts:

Aaaand once again you just won't put new lockbox/Zen Market stuff so that everyone can give it a try or actually test stuff.
    Guys it's always the same thing every mod on preview. Just put EVERYTHING new on it, do not have some "you get lucky, you can get a mount to test it" thing, it makes absolutly no sense on a TEST server.

It's each mod the same thing, and we can all remember how you freak out when on-shot Orcus' set or M12 Chultan companion bug were revealed. Well of course, we weren't able to test it!
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    4k Life Steal Severity, REALLY? :p:p:D
  • thecourtfool#5656 thecourtfool Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 9 Cryptic Developer
    Update! The third insignia slot of the Enchanted Broom Mount is Universal.

• thecourtfool#5656 thecourtfool Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 9 Cryptic Developer

Yes! Right now, it is +4,000 Life Steal Severity.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

Yes! Right now, it is +4,000 Life Steal Severity.
    I'm sure you made a mistake here. It can't be Severity. How do you calculate +4000? How much is that in percentage? Do you mean just Life Steal.
    And would also be great if you could show me a place where Life Steal Severity in the game is shown as a number and not a percentage. Please try to stay consistent and not add to confusion.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    vida44 said:

And would also be great if you could show me a place where Life Steal Severity in the game is shown as a number and not a percentage. Please try to stay consistent and not add to confusion.

On the character sheet under ratings.

vida44 said:

On the character sheet under ratings.
    Had to log in to check. I never saw a companion/boon/something that added points to Life Steal Severity. Always a percentage. Hence this change makes me wonder why the change in format.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    +4000 LS is 10% life steal chance, thats awesome for a strong DPS toon like TR.

What are the standing jump animations? I was thinking that the bats would fly outward, around and come and coalesce again. The mist mount would expand into a small fog bank and then evaporate into a mist-man again..... :)

Also when the batmount is moving, do you get stray bats that fly out and around things, like a normal bat swarm would ?

+4000 LS is 10% life steal chance, thats awesome for a strong DPS toon like TR.

What are the standing jump animations? I was thinking that the bats would fly outward, around and come and coalesce again. The mist mount would expand into a small fog bank and then evaporate into a mist-man again..... :)

Also when the batmount is moving, do you get stray bats that fly out and around things, like a normal bat swarm would ?

The flourishes for each mount are as follows:

The Bat Swarm Mount expands and tightens formation and then explodes outward. Afterward, the bats come back together to reform.

The Mist Form Mount drops into a puddle of mist only to suddenly burst upward and scare those around it. It returns to normal afterward.

The rider of the Enchanted Broom Mount rises into the air and controls the broom to do the thing it does best... Sweep! The rider then lowers slowly back onto the broom and returns to normal.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I don't think Life Steal Severity is going to make this the best, even my TR running around in in leather with no attempt to increase life steal is at full health almost all the time. The mount power is very nice, that will make it highly desirable I think. I would rather see another stat, power, recovery, AP gain...it just depends how much you want to set this above and beyond every other mount. As stated above at the time of me writing this, I doubt this would be better enough to me to get me to spend the $150 to change from the tensors disk, or whatever the equivalent currency is, 5-6 million AD on xbox for a disk, 7 million for a Rex...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

I don't think Life Steal Severity is going to make this the best, even my TR running around in in leather with no attempt to increase life steal is at full health almost all the time. The mount power is very nice, that will make it highly desirable I think. I would rather see another stat, power, recovery, AP gain...it just depends how much you want to set this above and beyond every other mount. As stated above at the time of me writing this, I doubt this would be better enough to me to get me to spend the $150 to change from the tensors disk, or whatever the equivalent currency is, 5-6 million AD on xbox for a disk, 7 million for a Rex...

The bat is like the definition of power creep. It's like 3 tensors, a rex, and an armored griffon all rolled into one for the active bonus.

Sure it comes with the worst passive stat bonus to date (I would take the stags regen over life steal severity), but it will be hugely popular for that overpowered as hell active ability.
  • vorena#3664 vorena Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Was in test server last night and a guildie of mine had the Bat Swarm mount. When she dismounted she was invisible.

• darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    i guess the 3 mounts show first picture when already mounted and repose the second picture each mount when are in moviment if that is case the mist and the broom i belive sould move litle more upper the idea a mount get converted in mist or swarm bats is very funny and i like it but in case swarm bats i belive will be more petry if instead have condensed red core was more dispersed and swarm bat was embed in a dark nub
This discussion has been closed.