test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    When inspecting companions, companion equipment is not shown.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    @darthtzarr is correct. This change almost completely negates the fixes to smoke bomb and Path of the Blade. And, as was pointed out, TR at wills are primarily used for the bleed tics against single targets.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    wigoe said:

sgrantdev said:

The following skills don’t proc Weapon Enchantments:
    Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    (both as Normal cast and Curse Consume cast)
    Pillar of Power (procs Lightning only once, despite being an Entity skill)
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

These should be fixed now.

A couple of notes:
    Immolation Spheres: will take some more time to figure out because of the nature of this power

Entity based abilities and weapon enchants: The past couple of weeks we have been discussing how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is that the proc (for enchants that have procs) should fire once on activation of the ability. This means that "entity" based powers should proc initially and no more after that. If there is a case where something needs to work different it should be noted in the tooltip.

I am going to look into the rest of these next, but I wanted to let you all know that I was able to fix a chunk of these today.

I'm confused. You stated earlier in this post that you will be fixing the bug with Smoke Bomb and Path of the Blades like abilities for the TR so that they work properly with Lightning/Dread etc. and then you change these Weapon Enchants to not work with abilities like Smoke Bomb and Path of Blades etc. outside of their initial "Entity" ability?

There's a missing bit of logic to this scenario that I hope is just an oversight or a miscommunication as to the future of Weapon Enchantments.

Smoke Bomb and Path of the Blade don't proc weapon enchantments even once on the live server.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• wigoewigoe Member Posts: 4 Arc User

wigoe said:

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:
    Immolation Spheres: will take some more time to figure out because of the nature of this power

Entity based abilities and weapon enchants: The past couple of weeks we have been discussing how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is that the proc (for enchants that have procs) should fire once on activation of the ability. This means that "entity" based powers should proc initially and no more after that. If there is a case where something needs to work different it should be noted in the tooltip.

I am going to look into the rest of these next, but I wanted to let you all know that I was able to fix a chunk of these today.

I'm confused. You stated earlier in this post that you will be fixing the bug with Smoke Bomb and Path of the Blades like abilities for the TR so that they work properly with Lightning/Dread etc. and then you change these Weapon Enchants to not work with abilities like Smoke Bomb and Path of Blades etc. outside of their initial "Entity" ability?

There's a missing bit of logic to this scenario that I hope is just an oversight or a miscommunication as to the future of Weapon Enchantments.

Smoke Bomb and Path of the Blade don't proc weapon enchantments even once on the live server.
    I'm aware. I didn't say that they did. I said they planned to fix the bug (the fact that they don't) then change the Weapon Enchants so that they only proc on initial cast. Which, as you know, makes the bug fix 99% pointless.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

Hello 14 days ago you are happy you fix smokebomb to proc weapon enchants.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/QP9GuVIQQG2UK7x4l8-eog.png

IS true fixed on live.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/grpJbRrHSrqQJkcI0zwF1g.png

and then you are saying entiy based powers should proc initially and no more after that.

You have been discussing the past couple of weeks how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is 1 proc per ability.
    Ok explain then how the above ( smokebomb) 14 days ago called a "fix" and we see in screenshot for each tic smoke trigger the feytouched which is against what you decided.

You waste your time on fixes that the decision was not final and after 14 days you take it away.

Really disappointed with this incosistency.
    edited October 2017

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

IS true fixed on live.

It is not fixed on live. Only the feytouched (the buggiest enchantment in the game) procs from smoke bomb, however, smoke bomb also extends the cooldown on live, preventing it from being useful.

EDIT - it's not even fixed on preview yet.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2017

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

IS true fixed on live.

and then you are saying entiy based powers should proc initially and no more after that.

You have been discussing the past couple of weeks how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is 1 proc per ability.
    Ok explain then how the above ( smokebomb) 14 days ago called a "fix" and we see in screenshot for each tic smoke trigger the feytouched which is against what you decided.

You waste your time on fixes that the decision was not final and after 14 days you take it away.

Try something other than Fey on live. That fix didn't make it to live yet..
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    raw22 said:

While facing off against Tiamat if anyone attacks the black head before it fully rises it becomes invulnerable/glitches.

Also at times you will get the victory announcement for defeating Tiamat right when the timer approaches zero but then be unable to open the chest.

Finally not a bug but if I que into a Tiamat run that has already started I most likely won't have the chance to obtain a soul gem; can this be addressed?

its more if player cross the red line before it dissapears that the black head buggs and becommes immune to damage
    micky1p00 said:

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

IS true fixed on live.

yes you have right about this. They advertise them as " fixed"
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 @ctatumdev#6113 @sgrantdev#8718 @asterdahl

Gates of Hell no benefitting properly from all debuffs on target, tested and reported by @etelgrin with HB SW debuffs only, used powers were feated (boost from weapon so target is debuffed) No Pity No Mercy, Hellish Rebuke (to proc debuff from NPNM), Brutal Curse, Warlock's Curse, Pillar of Power debuff and Tyrannical Curse debuff.

Next, quoting him were he explains powers used and uses ACT to show Gates of Hell is indeed not benefitting properly from all debuffs on target. It is worth noting that, given that GoH is not benefitting from all debuffs from the caster, it wouldn't be surprising if it happens to have issues with debuffs from other classes as well.

"@etelgrind said:

Regarding my earlier bug report to Gates of Hell, SW Hellbringer daily power.

Pillar of Power, No Pity No Mercy, Tyrannical Threat debuff, and Flames of Empowerment were used for this tests. The GoH effectiveness stays at 110%, so as if only Pillar of Power debuff counted.
    https://i.imgur.com/YdzKFUp.png

When we feat in offhand no pity no mercy it counts in an extra debuff, so it lists GoH at 115,9% effectiveness which is PoP+NPNM.
    https://i.imgur.com/lL5W2fV.png

On the last one, we try TT, NPNM feated, FoE slotted, PoP and the highest effectiveness of GoH is at 119,9%
    https://i.imgur.com/jOcB4Mj.png

Using these examples we can clearly see difference in dailies effectiveness, for TT it can reach 150%, for GoH it hardly pass 120% effectiveness. We can also see that given same circumstances, some powers reach expected effectiveness, while GoH stays behind, which leads again due to this to SW underperformance."

Tyrannical Curse in Chult :

If you use it against a CC immune enemy such as either Tyrannosaurus variant, it does not work.TC icon may appear on the T-Rex debuff bar but the power itself doesn't do anything, if extra foes nearby, they will take no linked damage whatsoever, TC icon (large curse) won't appear on the T-Rex either. So far the both Tyrannosurus variants are confirmed to have this issue, other CC immune enemies such as King of Spines will be tested.

This was originally found out and reported by @nisckis
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    BUG: The text for the Stronghold quest "Challenge: Moven the Slothful" differs significantly from the audio.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

micky1p00 said:

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

IS true fixed on live.

yes you have right about this. They advertise them as " fixed"
    They advertised them as fixed internally, meaning the fix isn't on preview or live yet.

• michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    #1 Careful Attack loops with Aura of Courage.
    This is what happens when I hit a target with Rapid Strike once:

You can also see that in this case Careful Attack does not respect the 1.5s cooldown.

#2 Seeker’s Vengeance Artifact Class Feature triggers Careful Attack.

Careful Attack has a separate cooldown when it is triggered by Seeker’s Vengeance, so if I attack the target while Seeker's Vengeance is ticking, Careful Attack procs twice every 1.5s instead of once.

#3 Gushing Wound multi-procs Seeker’s Vengeance Artifact Class Feature.
    https://youtu.be/ULITttvrJfE

#4 Rain of Arrows, Split the Sky and Fox Shift do not proc any weapon enchantment, except Feytouched and Vorpal.

#5 Aspect of the Falcon does not increase the damage of these ranged skills:
    - Seismic Shot
    - Rain of Arrows
    - Thorn Ward
    - Cold Steel Hurricane
    - Cordon of Arrows

#6 Seismic Shot triggers weapons enchantments twice. For example, here it triggers Holy Avenger twice:

Here it triggers Dread dot twice (it should tick once per second):

Here it triggers two stacks of Transcendent Plague Fire debuff, and also two dots:

And it also triggers Aura of Courage twice:

• mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    We really need smokebomb and path of blades to proc enchants per hit. Making it so it only fires once on activating does nothing. Especially when joined by the fact entity damage attacks demon tears, frost on the ground etc. We need to make true competitors to vorpal and this would do it.
    Not to mention path of blades in itself does not stun, poison or crit per hit when cast from stealth or 100% crit chance in general.

Weapon enchants proccing per hit would benefit all classes to balance weapon enchants.

Thank you for looking into this.
    edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

@sgrantdev if you do this, the only class which will use these weapon enchantments is GWF and that is it. If you want to completely kill weapon enchant diversity, this sure is the way to do it, since it will be a case of, "if you are a gwf, you can use holy/lightning and if you are anything else, you can use fey, dread or vorp."

The fact of the matter is, there are only 2 situations where using these enchantments is good. The first is if you can proc it multiple times on a single ability and the second is if the ability coefficient of the base skill that constitutes most of your damage is low. GWF spams at wills for most of their damage and for no other class this is the case, so it means they will be the only class that can benefit from them.

As it currently stands as a CW, I will fully admit that the class relies entirely on procs for damage, which, tbh, kind of sucks. This change is pretty much just a nerf to the CW class and that is it, where a large portion of your damage comes from these entity type powers. If you don't like the fact that CW relies entirely on procs for damage, I can understand the reasoning, I don't either, but unless you intend to completely redesign the class so it can actually do damage without procs, this change isn't warranted.
    I should not have posted something like that and left, sorry if I upset some of you. Rest assured I am working with Balanced and we will make adjustments where we think they are warranted to make sure there is not a significant loss of damage if any.

Once again sorry for the mic drop yesterday, I just wanted to get the info about the fixes out before I had to leave the office.
    I will always prefer more (even vague) info over silence :smile: so thanks for the heads up before leaving the office.

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Make ALLLLLLLL skills, feats, boons, procs, enchants able to crit. When you have 100% crit, but a large portion of your damage can't crit it's harder to make correct build decisions (not to mention it makes no sense)

For example, a spellstorm thaum wizard with abyss of chaos with a paladin in the party..... about HALF of your damage isnt critting
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

@sgrantdev if you do this, the only class which will use these weapon enchantments is GWF and that is it. If you want to completely kill weapon enchant diversity, this sure is the way to do it, since it will be a case of, "if you are a gwf, you can use holy/lightning and if you are anything else, you can use fey, dread or vorp."

The fact of the matter is, there are only 2 situations where using these enchantments is good. The first is if you can proc it multiple times on a single ability and the second is if the ability coefficient of the base skill that constitutes most of your damage is low. GWF spams at wills for most of their damage and for no other class this is the case, so it means they will be the only class that can benefit from them.

As it currently stands as a CW, I will fully admit that the class relies entirely on procs for damage, which, tbh, kind of sucks. This change is pretty much just a nerf to the CW class and that is it, where a large portion of your damage comes from these entity type powers. If you don't like the fact that CW relies entirely on procs for damage, I can understand the reasoning, I don't either, but unless you intend to completely redesign the class so it can actually do damage without procs, this change isn't warranted.
    I should not have posted something like that and left, sorry if I upset some of you. Rest assured I am working with Balanced and we will make adjustments where we think they are warranted to make sure there is not a significant loss of damage if any.

Once again sorry for the mic drop yesterday, I just wanted to get the info about the fixes out before I had to leave the office.
    @sgrantdev#8718 @ctatumdev#6113 @balanced#2849 @asterdahl @miasmat

But what about SW? The fix to PoP so it can crit but with damage left unchanged will make SW weaker than it is on live now with PoP unable to crit and OBC, why the CW will get a change with compensation but the SW won't? Pillar of Power will be able to crit with sub-atwill damage, why SW gets no compensation but CW will?
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • wizzy#0870 wizzy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Bug:

Sudden Storm and Icy Terrain cannot hit the defiant souls in Tomb of the Nine Gods
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer

Rubberbanding when using dash moves: relentless avenger and radiant strike both sometimes appear to activate, then fail and you snap back to where you were at the start of the skill animation. Not sure what causes it, possibly being at the extreme edge of the targeting range, but it's a little disorienting in a fight.

Although this is just a guess, I'm pretty sure the reason is that the client thinks you're in range and starts the animation. Then the server does the check and says "Nah-uh! You're too far away! Get back where you belong!" and rubberbands you back. Give this a try to test the theory: stand at the extreme edge of the range; wait there a few seconds; activate the power. My suspicion is that the waiting will give the server and client time to agree on your position before activating the power and you won't get the rubberbanding.
    Even if that does explain it, I can't think of a good solution to the misprediction that doesn't let cheaters shoot things from too far away. (Never trust the client! It's full of lies!) I think you'll just have to take a few more steps to get closer when you're charging at a poor defenseless demon.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

raw22 said:

While facing off against Tiamat if anyone attacks the black head before it fully rises it becomes invulnerable/glitches.

Also at times you will get the victory announcement for defeating Tiamat right when the timer approaches zero but then be unable to open the chest.

Finally not a bug but if I que into a Tiamat run that has already started I most likely won't have the chance to obtain a soul gem; can this be addressed?

its more if player cross the red line before it dissapears that the black head buggs and becommes immune to damage
    This myth gets propagated over and over until those who do not know any better begin to start their own groups and propogate it further. Crossing the red line does not bug the Black Tiamat head, it's just an easy reference to say don;t cross the red line.

Attacking the head before it fully rises prevents it from rising at all.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Rubberbanding when using dash moves: relentless avenger and radiant strike both sometimes appear to activate, then fail and you snap back to where you were at the start of the skill animation. Not sure what causes it, possibly being at the extreme edge of the targeting range, but it's a little disorienting in a fight.

Although this is just a guess, I'm pretty sure the reason is that the client thinks you're in range and starts the animation. Then the server does the check and says "Nah-uh! You're too far away! Get back where you belong!" and rubberbands you back. Give this a try to test the theory: stand at the extreme edge of the range; wait there a few seconds; activate the power. My suspicion is that the waiting will give the server and client time to agree on your position before activating the power and you won't get the rubberbanding.
    Even if that does explain it, I can't think of a good solution to the misprediction that doesn't let cheaters shoot things from too far away. (Never trust the client! It's full of lies!) I think you'll just have to take a few more steps to get closer when you're charging at a poor defenseless demon.
    From my experience this is exactly what happens, same with Lunging Strike and Threatening Rush, I'd much rather jump to a location set at encounter/at-will trigger and have a small cooldown if no damage done.
    edited October 2017
    miasmat said:

I agree that lag is likely the cause, but I think there is a fundamental issue with all powers that is causing the problem. This actually applies to all powers, but dashes have the most noticeable version of it. If you are following a target with slightly less movement speed than yourself, you will eventually get in range. Your icon lights up, you press the button, you stop to start casting it, and then suddenly you are left wondering why your power stopped casting. This is obviously lag, like you said, however, it happens 100% of the time. There is no lag compensation that we can see when this happens. If I am at the exact range of a power on a target that is moving away from me, and I cast the power, It will always fail because they will be out of range when the message reaches the server. If my power has a range of 80' I must get within 70' to use it, to prevent my target from walking out of range before it reaches the server.

It might be possible that we were are allowed to continue moving during all power casts until the "in-range" check was confirmed, but that would likely look very goofy and feel even laggier, however, I feel like this is the issue. We are in range when we cast it (possibly even on the server), but by the time our cast reaches the server we are no longer in range, since we had to stop moving to cast it.

In League of Legends (their net/trust code is probably completely different but it could be relevant for seeing what I am talking about), when an attack is initiated, if it was in range on initiation it is considered in-range for the rest of the cast, regardless of how far away the target gets by the end of the attack. This means that if you could warp across the entire map, even a melee attack started on a target before they warped would still hit them after the warp.
    link because I don't want the video taking up half my post
    (yes I know this is a ranged attack on an old version, but the same system is still in place and exists for melee attacks as well)

I have also seen this happen mid-dash when a target teleports or dashes behind a wall. It looks like the dash is valid (since you don't rubberband back to the original location), but you stop near the wall because well... you can't dash through a wall stupid :joy:

• tekathurraitekathurrai Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    "Earn the Halfling-Free Diet Achievement" is listed as earned in Chapter 7 of the Maze Engine campaign (Drizzt Do'Urden's Ally quest achievement) when it's actually accomplished in Chapter 8.

Edit: Nemesis of the Kenku says Chapter 8 when it's 7, as well as Howling Expert says 8 when it's 7.
    edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

Besides that the enchantments worked this way ( 4 years bug ?????) for multiproc powers how unbalanced was this comparing to other classes without multiproc options( great weapon i can think about and guardian fighter ) and you took that decision?

Another question is first you will make the adjustments on the classes then you will apply those changes?
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    In Benign Order of the Third Eye campaign, the quest needed to advance the second task is supposed to be "Collecting the Past" but is listed as the same as the quest required for the next task, "Assembling the Future"
This discussion has been closed.