test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Piercing dmg needs a tonedown(shadow oppurtunity/shocking execution).

teribad15teribad15 Member Posts: 1,092 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
Can we get a tonedown on this broken dmg already TR is able to melt any bis class within 5-8 seconds by using cloud of steel that proc shadow oppurtunity hiting players for 10-12k or just simply use SE and deal 90-120k crit.
My solution would be make it so all kind of piercing dmg respect all resistances in pvp.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would prefer not a total gimping of it, but it needs to get the Storm Spell treatment I.E. no crits.
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    TR at the moment has:

Highest Burst (100% crit from stealth)
    Highest Survivability (perma stealth)

Easiest stat stacking (you can skip crit, you don't need power or arp because you already do so much damage, what does this leave you with? recovery).
  • crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2015
    Please show me how can a Tr melt op/DC/gf within 5-8 seconds by using cos and then se
    Remember, Both required in stealth. And 3 cos break the stealth

Have you consider that once piercing damage tonedownd, the defense ability should tonedown as well?

Even with this "broken" DMG, Tr /hr still cannot kill a equal geared DC, and by nerf the damage, you create another 4 god classes. Well played, sir

More than 3. Take feats of stealth. You dont need any more.

Shadow strike.

High recovery with high int and gear.

Repeat.

Game over.
  • crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2015
    They can melt any class because its piercing damage from shadow of opportunity. They can be in stealth forever, perma with saboteur. Ignores tenacity and DR.

Of course there are TRs that does not use this build.
  • dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2015
    Well, I think Trs piercing damage should be calculated after DR (Trs talking about HRs piercing blades). Its just crazy, too much and too long dodges, too many immunity frames, perma stealth, burst damage, 75% deflection severity (just because), too much CC and smoke bomb...

Piercing damage must not remain in TRs, they already have everything else...
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    BiS TR+LM set+Fire wheel can melt most of the ppl within 10 second, and yes I agree, not on DC/OP, those two classes just cannot be taken down alone. (unless you have noticibly higher ilvl)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    dam182 wrote: »
    Well, I think Trs piercing damage should be calculated after DR (Trs talking about HRs piercing blades). Its just crazy, too much and too long dodges, too many immunity frames, perma stealth, burst damage, 75% deflection severity (just because), too much CC and smoke bomb...

Piercing damage must not remain in TRs, they already have everything else...

While your assessment is not much but a jumble of fragment-complaints with many of them simply untrue, you've got down one thing right -- TRs don't need piercing damage. We already have a class feature that adds piercing damage to our attacks, which is way more balanced and closer to the original intent behind the whole 'piercing damage' idea.

Remove the goddarn SO from Sabos. They want to be the slippery, permastealth? Fine by me. No attack damage whatsover, takes forever to bring someone down -- that be the price of "unkillable". Its the same with OPals, it's the same with DCs. Same with TRs.

If TR players want to just play it 100% safe by going permastealth and lobbing knives from invisibility from a safe range, then they should be doing the LOWEST damage of all TRs. If they want to actually damage something and do some DPS, let them slot powers for damage, and get in close and RISK the danger of retaliation like any other class.

Sabos don't need SO. REMOVE it.

(ps) while we're at it, fix/tweak LoL set bonus, fix/tweak WoE bonus.
  • marvi9marvi9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    About Shadow Oppurtunity: all you need to do so only worked from combat skills, and we'll all be happy.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In my opinion, there are few solutions to fix Shadowy Opportunity:
    1) Make it proc only on encounters, not at-wills. Because we all know how easily to spam CoS, which is probably the FASTEST RANGE AT-WILL in the whole game.

2) Make its damage not piercing but mitigate-able damage like CW's SS or HR's Thorned Root.

3) Keep it as is but restrict it to only melee attacks.

For ItC, this encounter alone makes MI much more valuable than WK. It simply gives too many benefits with next to no cost, especially when combo it with Sabo path. My solutions are:
    1) Remove the 100% deflect chance but keep cc breaker and cc immunity frame.

2) Remove the cc immunity frame but keep cc breaker and 100% deflect chance.

3) Keep it as is but give it at least 60s cool-down so that it will be truly the last resort power not a spammable one.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Something is really wrong with Piercing dmg!

an example:

a) How is possible to lose -40% HP (from 100k HP) due only cloud of steel spam,
    not other encounters, this is definitely too much just for an Altwill skill.

b) 1-Shot is Possible by TR and when you have a luck to survive it,
    than only with less than 10% HP.

I don't know any other class which can do that Massive dmg.
    the only that i Remember is be one shotted by Paladin but this is fixed now.

one of the problem is: for dealing High-Dmg with piercing-dmg.
    - you dont need to be good geared
    - you don't need enchantment or artifact etc.

It's simply Guaranteed a massive of dmg for all user itself,

if piercing damage should stay how is it for EVER?
    - than give us another stat which can resist piercing dmg -> [Piercing Resist]

When Control can be resist why not Piercing..
    everyone is affected by DR except TR (HR)
    there no reason to give a class that high amount of advantage.

- high movement, mobility
    - over 100% crit Guaranted. (no need to push with entchament)
    - piercing dmg Guarant the completely ignore of DR
    - stealth imun to target and can be maxed to Perma
    - imun to control effect / Best dodge skill inGame
    - and many possibilities to interrupt the enemy skills.

There's absolut not a REAL reason for Piercing to KEEP Ignoring DR!!

--

I made a similar thread here:
    Piercing dmg Rework!
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Gf and gwf have much more burst.
    However shadow opportunity needs some changes.
    More damage more mitigable
  • greenkrickettgreenkrickett Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please show me how can a Tr melt op/DC/gf within 5-8 seconds by using cos and then se
    Remember, Both required in stealth. And 3 cos break the stealth

Have you consider that once piercing damage tonedownd, the defense ability should tonedown as well?

Even with this "broken" DMG, Tr /hr still cannot kill a equal geared DC, and by nerf the damage, you create another 4 god classes. Well played, sir

Why should you be the class that can kill ANY class 1v1? You must remember that DC or OP can't kill you as well unless you stay around until you die which takes forever.

People like you think your class should be able to beat ANY equally geared class 1v1 which should NEVER be the case in a game mechanic that is setup for GROUP play.
  • damnwidgetdamnwidget Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    I don't know any other class which can do that Massive dmg.
    the only that i Remember is be one shotted by Paladin but this is fixed now.

I get anvils of doom of more than 70k from several range-weared GFs, Indomitables of 60-80k from GWFs, 40k+ desintegrates from CW's with 4s cooldown.

SO shouldn't being scaling with power and CABonus that's totally true but you all should understand that the TR has a mediocre and really low base damage, the hardest encounter is LB that do to a medium geared player between 17 and 22k of damage with 12k power and 7.5k of ArPen and has a cooldown of 19s, that's just ridiculous.

Perma stealth shouldn't be possible neither but I can't think in a good measure that really works and doesn't degrade the game experience of the other two feat paths.
    edited June 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    2 - Unless you are really bad geared, a GWF will never get those numbers from a plain IBS. If you are really debuffed and that GWF is really buffed, then, maybe, you will get those amounts.

Probably WoE
    edited June 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    If a GWF wearing and (ab)using WoE just deal that amount of damage, that GWF is undergeared has hell... or Sentinel

Well, ask them I am not GWF I just know what ACT tells me.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Gf and gwf have much more burst.
    However shadow opportunity needs some changes.
    More damage more mitigable

just make it same way as HR piercing fix - after DR.

Game has too much piercing really atm
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I honestly think the last time I've seen a tr bother to use an actual encounter on me other than throwing daggers from the other side of the node/COS at me was last mod. Fix SO already.