test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 things that need immediate fix

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
1. General difficulty must be lowered down (I see 4k people running Lostmauth instead of 2k content and 2k people dying everytime without 3k people to support them). It must be a joy to play the game, like it was in Mod 5.

2. <<Not allowed. Do not make "nerf this class/buff my class" suggestions without a sense of direction. Give an example of how far you think something needs to be changed and give a better reason than "I can't beat this class in PVP!!" >>

2redo. Make Outhbound Paladins not self healing in PVP, treat them like tanks or remove the tankiness and leave the healing properties, they must not do both otherwise they should be considered overpowered (as currently they are). DC Faithful, only Faithful, could see halved their ->self<-healing abilities in PVP. Remove the 'perma-stealth' from some TR and 'perma-root' from some HR (I don't know how they do that but it's clearly a bug since CW aren't allowed to CC indefinitely so they must not that too). It's not fair to disrupt others people game.

3. Fix PVP matchmaking, it ruins GREATLY the experience if a 2k player have to face a 3/4k one. If a player is unable to do anything he will just stress out, with bad consequencies.

Thanks
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• greenkrickettgreenkrickett Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am tired of this... Oathbound is fine as it is. You simply NEED to learn how to counter the class. Fact remains this is a TEAM game not a solo game and thus it takes a TEAM to take down certain classes.

You think Paly is a pain to take down? Try a well geared/specced DC or TR both are near impossible to kill UNLESS you gang-bang them.

I am a 2.2k Ilvl Paly and an CW/GWF (or GF/TR) combo (any of them) can take me down with a little effort. It may not be fast but they can whittle me down and with a right timed stun kill me.

Problem with most people is they are lazy and want to face tank everything and not use strategy to actually kill someone. I usually only have 2-3 kills per pvp match with my Paly and very rarely will it ever be from me 1v1 someone as they usually just run away. So please get over yourself and learn to play the game as a TEAM not solo.

However I would like to say the matching system does leave alot to be desired.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Make Outhbound Paladins not self healing in PVP, treat them like tanks or remove the tankiness and leave the healing properties, they must not do both

You know they would make any changed across the board.

PvE is being ruined by all the PvP whining. The Dev's cater to PvP whining way too much and result is your number 1 gripe: no one can do PvE because everyone's nerfed because you guys in PvP whine until they are nerfed.

PvP ruins this game period.

It should be done away with or added as a separate game with separate PvP only chaaracters
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »

PvE is being ruined by all the PvP whining. The Dev's cater to PvP whining way too much and result is your number 1 gripe: no one can do PvE because everyone's nerfed because you guys in PvP whine until they are nerfed.

It should be done away with or added as a separate game with separate PvP only chaaracters

+1!
    NO +2! :)
    Time and again I play MMO and devs in the effort to cater to all, fail at all. If you MUST have PvP, then decouple it from PvE...tweek the skills function in PvP, disable what you must, boost what you must as they enter PvP, but stop, simply STOP tweeking for "BALANCE" in PvP and have it effect PvE. PvE play isn't meant to be "balanced", each class has a role and a paragon tree to customize its role, PvP "balancing" to make it "fair" defeats the PvE roles and attack/defense system.

Quite simply this was marketed as a PvE game, was designed as a PvE game, PvP was added for those epeen fools that have to have that as a OPTION. Stop "messing up core PvE to cater to OPTIONAL PvP stuff.

I know this is going to set the PvP set off, but this was marketed, designed, and promised as a PvE game, Devs, if you can't stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up PvE to fiddle with PvP, then CONTOVERSY ALERT! kill PvP, remove it. This is a PvE game first and foremost, if you can't get your PvP jollies as is, then go to a game that caters to PvP and leave use beleaguered PvE players our small little corner of the MMO universe!
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mattsacre wrote: »
    +1!
    NO +2! :)
    Time and again I play MMO and devs in the effort to cater to all, fail at all. If you MUST have PvP, then decouple it from PvE...tweek the skills function in PvP, disable what you must, boost what you must as they enter PvP, but stop, simply STOP tweeking for "BALANCE" in PvP and have it effect PvE. PvE play isn't meant to be "balanced", each class has a role and a paragon tree to customize its role, PvP "balancing" to make it "fair" defeats the PvE roles and attack/defense system.

Quite simply this was marketed as a PvE game, was designed as a PvE game, PvP was added for those epeen fools that have to have that as a OPTION. Stop "messing up core PvE to cater to OPTIONAL PvP stuff.

I know this is going to set the PvP set off, but this was marketed, designed, and promised as a PvE game, Devs, if you can't stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up PvE to fiddle with PvP, then CONTOVERSY ALERT! kill PvP, remove it. This is a PvE game first and foremost, if you can't get your PvP jollies as is, then go to a game that caters to PvP and leave use beleaguered PvE players our small little corner of the MMO universe!

I concur wholeheartedly. With all the obvious mod edits and then self edits by the OP it's a little tough to say (add to the fact that I just got home from San Tan Flat, so my mind isn't quite ready for much I n-depth) but given the responses, I can pretty well estimate, if not the actual argument, but the sentiments of the OP. And I do have to agree with the plethora of responses; the amount of changes that this game has gone through in response to PvP is absolutely ludicrous. PvP is such a tiny non-part of this game it's not even funny. It's a toss up between PvP and the Foundry as to which has the least amount of involvement by the majority of players. PvP is there for those that enjoy it, it is neither an integral part nor a selling point of this game. Now, if the entire server were FFA PvP, then we might have something to balance, but until then, get off our porch!! ;-)

Actually, I would love (as in ell, oh, vee, ee) to see Protectors Enclave go FFA PvP just once....imagine the mass carnage and chaos that would ensue..... ;-)
  • alin119alin119 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »

Can you cut the BS pls ...........
    Do not try to sell us some chap stuff here tHing is yes PvP it is not balanced and yes OP ,HR ,DC and a tree of TR are still out of control .
    The fair fix and the normal one will be as for some classes or para tree already exist and does not affect at all PvE aspect and i give you some example since i'm a TR but not a puss one i mean by that not a sabo tree .
    TR scoundrel tree capstone SCULL CRAKING effect half on PLAYERS
    DC self heal 50% reduce
    Thats the way to tackle the unbalanced PvP with no effect in PvE
    HR BY FAR OP WITH THAT ROOT once in ur out dead ( by far most CC able class ) = PvP unbalance
    About OP as you said ... if i need to team up to take him down and that its the sad truth THATS BAD dont forget PvP its 5v5 not 1 vs 5 and 4 free to kill or cap ... easy fix heal half in PvP at least
    TR sabo > easy fix out of stealth on any attack dmg as we exe get ( its not the SO mecanic bad since that could help you gain some dmg in PvE its the ability to kill you from stealth with how many attacks that takes wile you are unable to respond )
    And many other aspects that can be fixed simple with no effect on Pve
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Healer OP isn't OP, once you work together and chain CC them, they're good as dead. If I couldn't heal myself they'd just target me and kill me in a second just as I attempt to heal. A CW and GF working together turn off bond, cutting their huge party heal and proceed to murder.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    alin119 wrote: »
    Can you cut the BS pls ...........
    Do not try to sell us some chap stuff here tHing is yes PvP it is not balanced and yes OP ,HR ,DC and a tree of TR are still out of control .
    The fair fix and the normal one will be as for some classes or para tree already exist and does not affect at all PvE aspect and i give you some example since i'm a TR but not a puss one i mean by that not a sabo tree .
    TR scoundrel tree capstone SCULL CRAKING effect half on PLAYERS
    DC self heal 50% reduce
    Thats the way to tackle the unbalanced PvP with no effect in PvE
    HR BY FAR OP WITH THAT ROOT once in ur out dead ( by far most CC able class ) = PvP unbalance
    About OP as you said ... if i need to team up to take him down and that its the sad truth THATS BAD dont forget PvP its 5v5 not 1 vs 5 and 4 free to kill or cap ... easy fix heal half in PvP at least
    TR sabo > easy fix out of stealth on any attack dmg as we exe get ( its not the SO mecanic bad since that could help you gain some dmg in PvE its the ability to kill you from stealth with how many attacks that takes wile you are unable to respond )
    And many other aspects that can be fixed simple with no effect on Pve

i have enough of this nonsense. I pvp alot but only once see some HR use that perma lock. Only once for gods sake!!!!!!!! its not worth mentioning. and its only bug. BUG, which will be fixed. HRs are at very bad shape, diminishing from pve, pvp. You barely see pvp guilds have one HR in team. So stop this nonsense.
  • alin119alin119 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    i have enough of this nonsense. I pvp alot but only once see some HR use that perma lock. Only once for gods sake!!!!!!!! its not worth mentioning. and its only bug. BUG, which will be fixed. HRs are at very bad shape, diminishing from pve, pvp. You barely see pvp guilds have one HR in team. So stop this nonsense.

As i said cut the BS ...how many HR use taper tree ... EVERY SINGLE ONE ... i haven't seen an combat or ranged HR since mod 5 . You may have right about PvE part . Second ...every PvP so called guild in Neveragain use a Hr in group check Youtube + all u can heard in case they have TS " x player hes rooted " aka kill him his f*kt .Thou not theyr fault since devs not really give much to chose .
    Same as TR in my option what else in PvP then sabo .... only tree that could come close to assasin role was scoundrel back in mod 5 not now . Since to be franc with you i have a TR i said before and try ever possible tree expt sabo and i can tell you what even if scoundrels wasnt bring to no go tree was kinda hard in current mod 6 with so much HP , ArP resist and ur PvP defence to get a kill .
    As for exe in pvp ... bad as *** do you have any ideea how difficult its to get an opening skill like DZ or LB i can tell you 2/10 succes and then for wut for a 4-16 k dmg on a CW for a same amount on SW for less then 10k on GF GWF OR OP . Then what ... i cannot use flurry if your not brain dead youll dodge i can just SB and get my *** away having 10% of your HP bar done . So what option left for a TR in Pvp ? you tell me .
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They aren't going to change anything you mentioned PVE and PVP wise. They would of done it by now. Most people have realized this and have already moved onto/back to other games. The only people who have stayed in this game are the people who have spent too much money on the game and people leveling characters who unknowingly don't realize how bad the end game of this game is.
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    herpnderp2 wrote: »
    They aren't going to change anything you mentioned PVE and PVP wise. They would of done it by now. Most people have realized this and have already moved onto/back to other games. The only people who have stayed in this game are the people who have spent too much money on the game and people leveling characters who unknowingly don't realize how bad the end game of this game is.

#baselessassumptions

...but can I have some of that salt for preserving fish?
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »

The reason you don't see it often may be due to the fact that HRs are basically doing mod 5 damage in mod 6 and few people use HRs as their main anymore. Perma-root isn't a bug - it's the only way the devs have left HRs to compete, which means HRs are basically useless solo against rogues, GFs, most paladins and GWFs. You want perma-rooting/stuning gone? Fine, but if so HRs need a complete rethink like TRs got in mod 5. Being perma-rooted is only uposetting to people because HRs can then hit them with 20 or so encounters. The problem all the complainers are forgetting is that it should only take about 3 or 4 encoutners plus a daily - but HR dailies and encounters are about on a level with TR or GWF at wills. Right now an HR is basically at a 1k item level disadvantage to anything else except maybe an SW.