test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kessell's Retreat - Key for last chest?

solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
I just finished for the first time this skirmish, it wasnt so hard with the last team i had, but they were 2 chest after final boss and 1 asked me for a key, so for next time i play, where do i get the key?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Make it in the IWD campaign. This task replaced the skirmish unlock.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Make it in the IWD campaign. This task replaced the skirmish unlock.
    OMG im doing tyrany of the dragons!!
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is more than worth it. Kessel's key grants 2x the ice and 2x the seals.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I went to KR today (finally). Unfortunately, I cannot open another chest. I have the key but it is now a "rusted Kessell's retreat key".
    Is there a time limit the key must be used? Or, it is because the key was made in mod 5?

Is there a way to get WD-40 to unrust it? :)

Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    solbergx wrote: »
    OMG im doing tyrany of the dragons!!

You can do multiple campaigns at the same time? I progressed through all together.
  • leeksieleeksie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    I went to KR today (finally). Unfortunately, I cannot open another chest. I have the key but it is now a "rusted Kessell's retreat key".
    Is there a time limit the key must be used? Or, it is because the key was made in mod 5?

Is there a way to get WD-40 to unrust it? :)

Thanks.

Hi Plasticbat,

I'm pretty sure that if you double click to 'use' your rusted key(s) it converts it into the new one that can unlock the extra chest. So, a bit like a magical WD-40...

That rusted key is what the 'old' keys to unlock the skirmishes etc. became when they did away with the need to unlock the instances and changed that to the crafted keys for the extra chests.

I had a few on some of my Alts that never quite got to the stage of running things like Kessels, Malabog and Valindra, even though I had unlocked it.

I think that the tooltip for the rusted keys tells you something similar that they can be converted, but I'm at work and can't login to check. Hopefully one of the other guys on the forum can confirm it?

The new crafted keys can stack, so you can always craft a bunch up and then binge on some tasty runs with a good party :) Just be aware that some of the loot can be worth less than the key, but if you open the chest, you can decline it without using the key up like eLoL and eSoT allowed you to do in Mod 5.

Hopefully RNGesus is kind to you :)
    Masashi - TR (Wisperknife / Executioner)
    Militides Hammerfist - GWF (Swordmaster / Destroyer)
    Apollo Deadeye - HR (Pathfinder / Archer)
    Percival Steadfast - GF (Swordmaster / Tactician)
    Shal Magmastrike - CW (Master of the Flame / Thaumaturge)
    Salazar the Damned - SW (Hellbringer / Fury)
    Tarl Tyrswrath - DC (Divine Oracle / Righteous)
    Sontag Tyrshand - OP (Devotion / Justice)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    leeksie wrote: »
    Hi Plasticbat,

I'm pretty sure that if you double click to 'use' your rusted key(s) it converts it into the new one that can unlock the extra chest. So, a bit like a magical WD-40...

That rusted key is what the 'old' keys to unlock the skirmishes etc. became when they did away with the need to unlock the instances and changed that to the crafted keys for the extra chests.

I had a few on some of my Alts that never quite got to the stage of running things like Kessels, Malabog and Valindra, even though I had unlocked it.

I think that the tooltip for the rusted keys tells you something similar that they can be converted, but I'm at work and can't login to check. Hopefully one of the other guys on the forum can confirm it?

The new crafted keys can stack, so you can always craft a bunch up and then binge on some tasty runs with a good party :) Just be aware that some of the loot can be worth less than the key, but if you open the chest, you can decline it without using the key up like eLoL and eSoT allowed you to do in Mod 5.

Hopefully RNGesus is kind to you :)

Thank you. When I right click the key, there is "open box" option. Too bad I did not know that when I was in KR. Good that I did not discard it. :)

Again, thank you.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***