test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respecing a Guardian Fighter on a Budget?

poljackpoljack Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Guard Barracks
My goal: Respec my Guardian Fighter (Lvl 70, for Mod 6) to be at least a marginally effective generalist. I'm looking for Powers/Gear/Companion recommendations for soloing, dungeons (or different types of dungeons), and PVP, and a stat/path/feat chain that'll support any of those. When I group up it'll mostly be with random people, so I need to be flexible. And here's the tricky part: I need to do it on a budget. I have less than a mil AD, and I can maybe get up to 2.5 mil if I auction a bunch of stuff.

I know that's a pretty tall order, but remember, I'm not looking for a min/max build. I just don't want to embarrass myself every time I step into the dungeon. :)

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by poljack on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The one investment I found worth it, at least for solo content was a healer companion. A priestess of sune decked out in loyal commander items, or an angel of protection.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My current GF is still at level 60 as an IV so this thread would be great. Since we got a free respec, I'd hate to "waste" it without some input from those GFs that are better at theory-crafting than I am.
    I aim to misbehave
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Conqueror GF Swordmaster is very tough this mod. you won't be a mega tank, but with your shield up you'll be able to survive most things you can't get out of the way of. you'll do enough damage to solo without wanting to dash your brains out on your desk, and running swordmaster gives you steel defense, giving you several seconds of immunity to incoming damage after activating a daily (except fall damage. don't get launched.) With the increased damage it may also be worth investing in lifesteal. I might also be worth investing heavily in movement to get you out of the splat zones, as a conqueror's shield should probably be used more sparingly than other paragon paths would use it. Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

You mentioned money, too - are you just respec'ing, or re-gearing as well?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am IV conq which can be done on a budget but takes a certain amount of skill and awareness to be effective. I could post a build but really it will not make sense without a real walkthrough on the sequence of engagement. PM if interested and we can go to some zones and I can demonstrate.
  • poljackpoljack Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks all for the replies. I took the advice of one of my Guildies and went with a Swordmaster Tactician build. It makes good use of Steel Defense. I'm still getting used to the powers, but I'm liking it so far. Need to take it into a Dungeon or PVP and see how it holds up. :)