what about the gwfs

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Militia Barracks
so any new stuff planned for the Great Weapon Fighter class

LE:

so here is what i think it should be done:

it would be awesome to have this
-pre DR determination
-4s takedown/fls stun that can't be deflected anymore.
-Mark From Threating rush and Darking shout should be removed so that there won't be any more double mark bug , but the GWF should put the mark on the target from the first strike and it should lasts for 10seconds with 1-2s cooldown.
-Unstopable Should lasts for 5-10s.
-a better responsive sprint.

as we have paragons that are useless right now, sentinel and instigator they need to overlook them a little

Student of the sword should give 10-15% RI when crit
Vicious advantage should give 10-15% crit and damage.
Group Assault should buff wicked strike for 20-30% dmg increase.
reinforced surge should give a 1s stun and deal 10% more damage.

and Instigator Vengence should give more damage bonus between 50-100% dmg bonus.

Sentinel was a great paragon, and we suggested that it needed a nerf, but the nerf just destroyed a new style of doing pvp, and i am really upset about this.
the change on INTIMIDATION that the damage should come from weapon damage is a great idea, but 125% is really really LOW, especially that the only amplifier remaining is Damage bonus from Power. so to make it worth again it needs to be atleast 250% or 350% weapon damage.
and Sentinel Aegis needs again a rework.

Destroyer is way dependent on the Indomitable Battle Strike, and i wish it will end up being less effecting in matter of Burst damage. i know this might sound harsh, but that is it, i wish more damage on teh atwills while the encounters should provide more utility, similar to a TRickster rougue stile, i wish the atwills will deal tremendous power and the encounters should be more of utility some sort of stuns/buffs etc.

something like battle fury should be buffing us like into the frey.
Post edited by metalldjt on

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    NOTICE:

Do not request buffs or nerfs to a given class without a sense of direction, per rule 3.15 of the RoC. Just saying "nerf them, they're too strong" or "buff us, we're too weak" is not conducive to a frame of a community discussion and often leads to a lot of flaming and trolling, therefore, please refrain from such threads. Give an example of what needs a buff and why it needs a buff other than "it's useless" or "it's too weak". Same for nerfs--give an example and a valid reason.

Do not respond or reply to this post in any fashion, as such is a violation of section V. Please use the PM system for any questions you may have.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, considering that GWFs didn't receive anything that was promised by Crush and that was about to go live 2 weeks after mod 6 launch... I'm betting GWF won't change for another year.
    edited June 2015
    metalldjt wrote: »
    yes zvieris , those changes will help the gwf alot. b-but i wonder if he is preparing a real rework for the class itself or someth, cuz he's been quiet for 2 months and a half.

Yea, the class is in dire need of a rework so not only Destroyers get to enjoy the game. But well, I've been PMing Crush and Panderus with Sentinel problems just to hear crickets back. I guess they don't even care.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Desi's don'tneed anything they are in a goodplace rightnow. Could the OP be more specific?
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    though gwfs have the highest damage I think what OP is saying is that he wants them to have highest survivability as well. or go back in time to mod 3

give them a dodge already
    edited June 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    though gwfs have the highest damage I think what OP is saying is that he wants them to have highest survivability as well. or go back in time to mod 3

give them a dodge already

Yeah, because every GWF is Destroyer, right? What about Sentinels who are supposed to be tanks but have even lower survivability than Destroyers? What about Instigators who are supposed to be in the middle between a tank and dps but instead has half the dps and survivability of Destroyer?
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Yeah, because every GWF is Destroyer, right? What about Sentinels who are supposed to be tanks but have even lower survivability than Destroyers? What about Instigators who are supposed to be in the middle between a tank and dps but instead has half the dps and survivability of Destroyer?

Ok legitimately other paths need a buff or fix of some kind. But this is true of most classes. For most classes one feat tree simply works better than the others. This was easier for me because my GWF was always a DPS build. But really I was wondering and still am what OP's suggestion was to impliment that. My suggestion would be to put something really strong 3-4 into a feat tree so people cannot twink it into a WM Desi build.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm rather enjoying my GWF. Granted, I would REALLY like for Unstoppable to work 100% of the time when I hit the tab key, but I've gotten used to mashing keys multiple times to fire off a power anyway...

A less random build up of determination would be great as well.

But overall, I'm seriously very, very pleased with my GWF.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    They are overbuffed. Need to be nerfed or others need to be buffed too!
    Highest weapon dmg, highest buff stacks in the game.

In tiamat no need for other classes only 25 GWFs!
    GWFs are doing 80 million according to ACT while others(SW, HR, CW) do 50 million.

Certain "cooperative-player" and "nice" GWFs already making sport of kicking other ppl out from custom Tiamat channels...
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If this was facebook and i could tag people
    @ralexinor
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Class is fine, a ton of damage, probably too much survivability for that much damage (or too much damage), and still good CC. What else do you need, a "nuke the map" button?
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They are overbuffed. Need to be nerfed or others need to be buffed too!
    Highest weapon dmg, highest buff stacks in the game.

In tiamat no need for other classes only 25 GWFs!
    GWFs are doing 80 million according to ACT while others(SW, HR, CW) do 50 million.

Certain "cooperative-player" and "nice" GWFs already making sport of kicking other ppl out from custom Tiamat channels...

sw/ fury and rangers/archery yes deserve some buff (not a dot madness o instant kill aoe burst PLEASE).

50k still to much for cws. hueheuehu (no, is ok)

BUT the topic talk about sentinels (and/or instigators)
    edited June 2015
    Just because Destroyer is strong we should completely ignore Sentinel and Instigator, huh? Sentinel is supposed to be a tank and Instigator a hybrid between tank and dps. But they both have lower survivability than Destroyer. Not to mention that even Destroyers are limited to choose just from a few powers because the rest of them suck so bad that only devs use them. For example, Not So Fast, Mighty Leap, Punishing Strike, Reaping Strike, Slam (if you haven't gotten the feat that gives some bonus when used), Battle Fury, Come and Get It and etc etc. There simly is no variety in the gameplay. One feat tree is usable and pretty much 1 rotation, and only 1 encounter can be switched depending on situation.

Not to mention that GWF can't do **** against piercing damage and deflect stacking TRs.
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Just because Destroyer is strong we should completely ignore Sentinel and Instigator, huh? Sentinel is supposed to be a tank and Instigator a hybrid between tank and dps. But they both have lower survivability than Destroyer. Not to mention that even Destroyers are limited to choose just from a few powers because the rest of them suck so bad that only devs use them. For example, Not So Fast, Mighty Leap, Punishing Strike, Reaping Strike, Slam (if you haven't gotten the feat that gives some bonus when used), Battle Fury, Come and Get It and etc etc. There simly is no variety in the gameplay. One feat tree is usable and pretty much 1 rotation, and only 1 encounter can be switched depending on situation.

Not to mention that GWF can't do **** against piercing damage and deflect stacking TRs.

Punishing Strike is awesome vs. bosses. Immediate get out of red for free card.
    edited June 2015
    umcjdking wrote: »
    Punishing Strike is awesome vs. bosses. Immediate get out of red for free card.

Yea, and waste an encounter just for that? Restoring strike recovers your stamina so you won't have problem getting out of reds.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They deal way too much dmg in PvE. I dont mind if GWF is top dps, but not by a margin higher than 10%. (atm it's even up to 50%)
    edited June 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    sw/ fury and rangers/archery yes deserve some buff (not a dot madness o instant kill aoe burst PLEASE).

50k still to much for cws. hueheuehu (no, is ok)

CWs has dps paragon trees as well.
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    its meele dps class w,o dodge that takes highest risk in pt in my opinion they should deal 100% more dmg than any other dps class.

lol. Is this speech from Braveheart or sg?

No! Tankier classes should have lesser dps than weaker classes.

No point in having the best dps and having the more tankier.
    Its a trade off!
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    They deal way too much dmg in PvE. I dont mind if GWF is top dps, but not by a margin higher than 10%. (atm it's even up to 50%)
    Man got the point.
    Shouldn't be taht bigger difference between dps classes.
    edited June 2015
    CW with shield on tab is twice tankier than GWF + have way more survaviblity tools than GWF.

Interestingly TRs never complained about it to kill CWs.

Let me help:
    Don't start with your big hitter.
    2 hits and shield is gone...
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    CWs has dps paragon trees as well.

gwf still have a defender tree, and a defender paragon but is not a defender like gfs and paladins... now you know what is suposed to support. ;)
    edited June 2015
    even broken shield provide 25% unmitigable DR u braindead pug.

and unstopable has 15-30% DR + cc breaker nooblet!
    edited June 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    gwf still have a defender tree, and a defender paragon but is not a defender like gfs and paladins... now you know what is suposed to support. ;)
    What's your point?
    edited June 2015
    and unstopable has 15-30% DR + cc breaker nooblet!

Yea, except that it only lasts 4-8s and requires you to lose like 1/3rd of your hp. Whereas CW shield lasts the whole time. What a ****ing idiot.