test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Champion's League event thoughts

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
Hi fellow players!

While i like the idea of this event and finally something is done for those, who like PVP, but all together i think it's way too early for this event.

The game after Mod 6 is still full of bugs, so in my personal opinion, it wasn't the best idea to push it out, but on the other hand i get it, Cryptic wanted to calm down the vibes a bit with this event, which in it self wouldn't be bad, but still, a bit rushed.

I went into a few matches and well, it's a copy of everyday PVP DOM.

The same premades vs PUGs issues.

The same old and dirty tricks to manipulate ranking board position and team wins and so on.

My team was more times combined out of 1600-1800 item lvl guys and me with 2,6 , while our opponents full with 3-4k and all the shiny stuff.

Another problem is, still many, who never cared for PVP, without any proper gear or at least a few elementally needed enchants come and take part in hope of the rewards. This does good for advertising PVP more to the crowds, but also makes a party composition a bit more watery and if one is on that side a loss is imminent.

After a while i gave up on it, pretty useless, unless one is interested in the rewards and can bare so many one sided matches.

I really wanted this event, would love it, but without proper ELO, item level brackets and some monitoring for the "dirty tricks", it simply feels not complete.

Not bad as a first Beta PVP Tournament, as a test run, but if the Devs want this to become a serious and respected tournament, not a bad copy of everyday PVP DOM, than they will have to put more work in it.

Thank you!
The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Post edited by matthiasthehun76 on

Comments

• Options
    onigerkoonigerko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah the premades vs non-premades is still a huge issue
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This seems to have attracted a bunch of players who have never heard of tenacity and don't know what the red and blue circles on their screen are for into PVP, so good job with that.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As has been suggested before, by me and a couple other players, there needs to be a pre-made class and a PuG class. Pre-mades may have to sit a lot longer for a match, but tht is what they get for running a premade.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »
    This seems to have attracted a bunch of players who have never heard of tenacity and don't know what the red and blue circles on their screen are for into PVP, so good job with that.

and omigod so many people that think their class is played the same in PvP as PvE.

I literally had two enemy CWs that ran Tabbed Conduit, Steal Time, Icy Terrain. So much cringe.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    onigerko wrote: »
    and omigod so many people that think their class is played the same in PvP as PvE.

I literally had two enemy CWs that ran Tabbed Conduit, Steal Time, Icy Terrain. So much cringe.

That will cause instant death in PvP... +2 kills on you stats
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    That will cause instant death in PvP... +2 kills on you stats

Yeah i felt bad, im not even super well geared or anything but i was killing them and a 'Bow' specced HR over and over by myself as i stood on a node- as a CW. I just cringed.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is the same old story. Solo queuers should not be forced to match with premade teams. Everybody should only be allowed to queue solo, no team join allowed. Then it will be more fun for the general public. Besides, this is not a team tournament, only the TOP player gets the armored mount grand prize. If it is not a team event, why should a team be allowed to queue?

Then it comes to the rewards, all these changes to rewards without even a notice is not going to make players feel good. So they quietly made CL Glory Token bound to character and expect players not to notice? Wishful thinking, even if they want to make the change, at least make it bound to account.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It'll be such a huge QoL improvement if they just add 2 simple queues one of which you can't use if you're partied with any number of people.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have played several PvPs today and they were balanced

We also won our share

I am not in a premade and not a great player

I'm sure there are Premades but with more players you will run into more queued teams... like the ones I join

See you there.... and remember

Killing me is not the object of the game

Urlord
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    healary wrote: »
    It is the same old story. Solo queuers should not be forced to match with premade teams. Everybody should only be allowed to queue solo, no team join allowed. Then it will be more fun for the general public. Besides, this is not a team tournament, only the TOP player gets the armored mount grand prize. If it is not a team event, why should a team be allowed to queue?

Then it comes to the rewards, all these changes to rewards without even a notice is not going to make players feel good. So they quietly made CL Glory Token bound to character and expect players not to notice? Wishful thinking, even if they want to make the change, at least make it bound to account.

For some PvP guilds... I would think they work like the guilds in WoW. They work together and tend to PvP as a set group, based on time, play style and class.

I have watched people from PvP guilds enter solo in GG... and they meet with decent success. They are not as dominant.

They enter as a team to support each other. To boost the stats, wins and success of the whole.

So honestly... I think this would be a good idea. Considering that everyone that is in a PvP guild is fighting against the other member of the same paragon path in their guild... it would behoove them to follow the No Group Protocol.

Maybe they could add a Team ranking dynamic for Premades. Granted... it will be every team for themselves in the PvP guilds.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I have played several PvPs today and they were balanced

We also won our share

I am not in a premade and not a great player

I'm sure there are Premades but with more players you will run into more queued teams... like the ones I join

See you there.... and remember

Killing me is not the object of the game

Urlord

I only played 3 matches and won all 3 of them but I still want to complain because it is not fair to get a team to help a player in a solo based event/tournament.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i play around 15 matches, only one against pvp guild premade, so i have a lot fun, can recommend to anyone join event. My GF rocks, HR archery is poor, sometimes i can mostly only troll enemies with fox, ghost and marauder
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »

Dont stand in the Red circle, cus thats how we learn to play in pve. And tenacity is a wasted stat, when i can get better stats without it silly.

Protip
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It was kind of a glorious cluster-fornication for me. I mean I was just blind-Queing to see what was up with the event. Did not run into too many premades but definately a couple. Honestly I had a few more nice 1v1s than normal because I would land in an instance where only 2 of us knew how to play nodes and we would fight on 1 or 3 while everyone else was running around spasticly. My real complaint was lower level PVP. I do it for fun because everyone's not approaching BiS and it makes for fun matches. So when I went to my low toons every Dom was full of people who moved enchants and DB gear down to min-max the event. Which kind of takes the fun out of it as I make all my toons earn their own gear.
  • Options
    exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah the premades vs non-premades is still a huge issue

Yes, that type of issue that make this currents events impracticable to low geared players like me, who just start to play pvp matchs. I participated in some Domination matchs and ALWAYS I face players with around 3000 GS and one-shoted dozens of times.

I'm playing this game alone and I just leveled to 70. The game encourages players to participate in PvP events, but how will you have fun with this events if the game is unable to separate these strong players from the other players ?

I said beforein another topic: The matchmaking must create the groups using a GS range. So we will have a lot more balanced pvp where the player skill would make all the difference.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've played 6 matches, solo queue, and have not seen a premade yet fwiw. Just don't try and queue with a friend unless you are both BiS.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    healary wrote: »
    I only played 3 matches and won all 3 of them but I still want to complain because it is not fair to get a team to help a player in a solo based event/tournament.

I don't understand.... really

Sorry

Urlord
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Just some advice...

Play and pick up Burning Armor

A piece at a time

It will happen and things will even out
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here is my advice:
    (Bear in mind as a PVE player, I am not even participating in the event )
    At the end of the whatever day period, the top say 40 ranked players are either:
    1) Allocated teams out of those 40 players, during which to qualify for the reward, they must play on that team vs another team built just like this, whilst featuring on a devs livestream, so the match is live. To make this possible it would probably have to be an organised IWD event. At the end, the team of players that in a tournament style beats all the other teams, then wins the promised rewards.
    2) A set of duals between them are organised as a systematic way to eliminate them, then first to fifth place all get a reward. The duals would also be streamed.

The reason for either of these is because many of the top ranked players are either there because of exploiting the system in some way or another, or by having much better gear then the people he is queueing against, or just by queueing into bad players. Instead of having this event be a complete farce, by setting up something like this, instead of it been the best exploiter that wins, it might be the most skilled exploiter that wins, or someone who actually genuinely deserves the prize. Also, by livestreaming it, it would discourage them from forms of unfair/exploitative play, especially with a strict set of rules to qualify for the prize.

I know there are flaws with my ideas, but they would probably be a lot less farcical then this event is. Also, for people to ever take NWO pvp more seriously, it needs to become a whole lot more professional, with strict rules in competitions and ENFORCED ilvl bracketing. Believe me, if you want to sell this games PVP to serious PVP players (not myself) you need to make it more professional and invest more effort into it. You can make a lot of money off PVP players, if the environment is set up correctly to attract them.
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Aside from the long time usual pvp issues.....

I saw people putting together pvp teams in Legit channel. Win

I saw people putting together pvp teams in lfg channel. Win, aside from the guy putting together an all OP team lol sheesh.

The awards on the event merchant are nice. the pirate outfit is cool, the mount is cool, and getting glory is a fantastic bonus.

So if we take out the usual pvp issues I think this event is my favorite so far. Good job team! Get on some of the long standing issues then do this event regularly!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I really did not see as many premades as I expected

I am having fun with it
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, whilst there's a lot of moaners about this event, I for one am enjoying it. The rewards are **** nice, it's not that hard to get the medals, and so far I haven't had many issues with matches. +1 from me :)
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the fact that there are 10 times more player doing PVP makes it more bearable, since the percentage of premade is smaller related to the masses
    this will get to normal after the event, sadly...but
    lots of player have the chance to pimp up their equippement really fast 100 coins= one basket with PVP armor, so its more or less an improvement for the PVP base in case of equip, to get less geared player close up...but
    that does not solve these endless bugs and imbalanced enchants/classes at all
    since last patch there are even more of them, some pretty old bugs are revived, can´t understand this at all
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I played 8 matches... 4 W 4 L. No premades, but 2 of the losses were because some people decided to ditch the team and leave us short-handed. One of the other losses was just a tight match where we lost by 50. The last loss was an 8 v 5.

You may ask how that happened... IDK. 3 players left the opposing team, but were replaced by the queue dynamics.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It's only the same as pvp CW players who run around the HE's in IWD bouncing around like some crack addled psychopath using single target powers on everything instead of aoes cringggggeeeeee
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    Just some advice...

Play and pick up Burning Armor

A piece at a time

It will happen and things will even out

nope, not at all.....you're mistaken if you think pvp armor set is what matters, 'cuz it ain't worth ****....
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    It's only the same as pvp CW players who run around the HE's in IWD bouncing around like some crack addled psychopath using single target powers on everything instead of aoes cringggggeeeeee

thats cause back in the rush you didnt need aoe powers you needed ranged and quick powerful attacks single targets was the answer for cw's thats the only way i could get a great success.