What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC's heal and OPally's Temp HP

2»

Comments

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    onegaki101 wrote: »
    Currently what makes the DC's powerful and almost unkillable is empowered astral shield as it makes them immune to most if not, all damage(all the 0s you see when attacking them on it). This alone allows the DC to survive against multiple enemies. Only way to counter is to constantly CC so they cannot launch another empowered astral shield.

I agree, Empowered Astral Shield needs to be addressed in PvP, its definitely impossible to kill any good DC in 1 vs 1 no matter how good or BiS you are, and if the DC has any helper around him, the chance is you wont be able to kill anything... DC and OP are pretty immortal own their own, and if there are TWO DC or DC+OP, then yes, that would be seriously immortal.... There has been too many scenes where 4~5 ppl gang on one single OP/DC for minutes and still couldn't take him down, at the end it just look silly, instead of taking any one down, ppl would just outnumber other team to hard-cap a node, then move on to other node to keep hard-capping it... cus at the end, u wont die and the other team wont die, so whacking or not, it makes little to no difference....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    I agree, Empowered Astral Shield needs to be addressed in PvP, its definitely impossible to kill any good DC in 1 vs 1 no matter how good or BiS you are, and if the DC has any helper around him, the chance is you wont be able to kill anything... DC and OP are pretty immortal own their own, and if there are TWO DC or DC+OP, then yes, that would be seriously immortal.... There has been too many scenes where 4~5 ppl gang on one single OP/DC for minutes and still couldn't take him down, at the end it just look silly, instead of taking any one down, ppl would just outnumber other team to hard-cap a node, then move on to other node to keep hard-capping it... cus at the end, u wont die and the other team wont die, so whacking or not, it makes little to no difference....

So support the "buffs to debuffs".

■ strengthen the existing forms of debuffs
    ■ make debuff stacking easier
    ■ design/implement new types of debuffs
    ■ paraphrasing the law of physics; "to every buff, there is an equal amount of debuff"
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Well, that depends if you use actual CC and prones/knockbacks or are just spamming DPS encounters like a rabid monkey.

Against an idiot, its easy to stay alife, against someone who have a clue and knows how to CC(DPS DC, CW, GF, TR), DC will go down.
    My righteous AC DC have ilvl 2.200 and I have no problem killing heal DCs. Its all about smart CC.

Um i was talkin' 'bout OPalis :P
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Well, that depends if you use actual CC and prones/knockbacks or are just spamming DPS encounters like a rabid monkey.

Against an idiot, its easy to stay alife, against someone who have a clue and knows how to CC(DPS DC, CW, GF, TR), DC will go down.
    My righteous AC DC have ilvl 2.200 and I have no problem killing heal DCs. Its all about smart CC.

And btw you know how much dmg does my perfect plague lvl 60-69 pvp GF does for a OP with 3 powers that includes : bulls charge x2 marks, 3 stacks of griftons and anvil? 5% of his health...? um please explain wheres is skill in this situacion :)
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I still believe 1v1 an OP/DC should not die to one person, but also should not be able to kill a person alone. If 2v1 they should die though. Classes need better synergy and ways to work together. The biggest problem with DC is that it is too hard to get them out of AS. Many times repel, bull and and empowered burst do not get them off the AS or if you do get them off they just run back before they can be cc. There needs to be more ways to get them off the AS, or make it so if they leave the AS it drops so knocking them off will matter.

OP can have seriously strong temp HP. There should be ways to "dispell" this temp hp. Of course not every class should be able to have a way to remove it, but having a few classes would balance it out.

In the end I think every class should have classes that it pretty much can dominate, but also have a some classes that it cant do much against. A DC that could not get on a AS would die easy, a Paladin who had is temp HP removed would die, adding a flare ability to HR to make rogues visible, etc. There is nothing wrong with having abilities that seem overpowered against some people, the problem is when there is not counter to the ability. Giving strengths and weaknesses would allow for much more diverse teams instead of just picking which class is the now overpowered class. As long as each class had a true counter, there would be no overpowered class.