test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvE Trapper

glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Wilds
With the recent good fixes to Serpent and TW, I am thinking of specting back to trapper again.
Could any of you show me a good PvE build.
Mainly list: powers, feats and boons and maybe even rotation used against a group and vs. single monster.
Thx :)
Post edited by glubtal on

Comments

• Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Check my post 'Swiss Army Ranger'. Has that as well as gear as well as several rotations for various circumstances covering DPS, survivability, and CC loadouts.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    glubtal wrote: »
    With the recent good fixes to Serpent and TW

What was wrong with TW? I heard something about it being sucky at the start of Mod 6 but suddenly everyone is using it again.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    TW? TR apparently was accounting for control resist for the damage calculation and they say it will be fixed in patch. Did not hear anything about TW....
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Sry, I meant TR (thorned roots)..
    And thx query, I thought your build was mainly for PvP, will have a closer look..
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    glubtal wrote: »
    Sry, I meant TR (thorned roots)..
    And thx query, I thought your build was mainly for PvP, will have a closer look..

No. I honestly do not PVP much anymore. If you look at the build 0 Tenacity and only one loadout that used LW so definately PVE ;)
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    HR DPS OP

gwd_dps.PNG

SW died midway through boss which is why that DPS is low, I was at 94mil before boss, SW at 44mil. Jesus this DPS is stupid.

1st: HR
    2nd: SW
    3rd: CW
    4th: GF
    5th: DC

This Thorned Roots change is so broken. Still need to see if HR can compete with GWF.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Is this as a result of the ArP/roots fix?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yes. I'm not even PvE geared, I'm using mostly Burning Executioner with the BI chest piece.
  • Options
    reemusbodeemusreemusbodeemus Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    @ralexinor Is this with the Longshot build?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm wondering if pathfinder might be the top dps pve path for trapper because of the current state of careful attack.

Does lostmauth set proc off each tick of CA if it crits or just the first?

I haven't run the pathfinder path in a while. I don't even remember if CA can crit.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lostmauth only procs off the first hit of DoT's.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    for HR's that is. it might be different for other classes.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Someone said it doesn't proc from TR's Smoke Bomb at all. I've been meaning to do tests when I get my mitts on the artifact.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    Lostmauth only procs off the first hit of DoT's.

Ya I know that's the case for dots, but I don't know if CA is really considered a true dot (it should be considered a dot because that's what it is lol). As far as I know it still goes off if someone else attacks the target, but that may be considered part of it's "over time" effect.

The reason I ask is I've noticed in Tiamat that CA does tons of damage and that the lostmauth set seems to give way more damage done than I can ever get out of it. I guess one reason CA does so much on heads is because of the number of folks attacking it causing multiple hits to occur.

Trappers running pathfinder I have noticed on average get 15 to 18% of their damage from Lostmauth set in Tiamat. Their top damage dealer is normally CA.

I'm running SW Trapper with StS being my top dps ability followed by plant growth. I get 3% of my damage from Lostmauth set :(.

In dungeons I get more from the Lostmauth set running the standard trapper loadout (no StS).

I haven't run any dungeons with other trappers using pathfinder so I have no data from ACT.

Oh and I have to add YES Lostmauth procs off other class dots. It should for us too. Just because of a gamebreaking bug we had at first of Mod 6 we get it nerfed accross the board. Wish it was fixed in a better way than that.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Here is a Tiamat run from today.

http://postimg.org/image/cups8ks0f/

Check out thorned roots on my damage breakdown below.

http://postimg.org/image/nsqw2s7ob/
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No, I'm running full Trapper atm.

Yes, CA procs Lostmauth on every hit, and it'll multiproc 2-4 times every 1.5s. At boss I was hitting 4x 20k CA and 4x 14k Lostmauth every 1.5 seconds. It also has an individual cooldown for each person that hits it, I believe.

I'm PvP-geared mostly.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    No, I'm running full Trapper atm.

Yes, CA procs Lostmauth on every hit, and it'll multiproc 2-4 times every 1.5s. At boss I was hitting 4x 20k CA and 4x 14k Lostmauth every 1.5 seconds. It also has an individual cooldown for each person that hits it, I believe.

I'm PvP-geared mostly.

Ok I'm going pathfinder today.

I think it's safe to say if you have lostmauth set you will see much more benefit from the set bonus because of CA alone.

Another wonderful perk for CA is Aura of Courage.

I was running an archery spec using skirmishes gambit (combat tree) for most of the first of mod 6 and I had the same issues with disappointing results from the lost set and Aura of Courage. The crits were insane with 180% crit severity (perfect Vorp/gambit) and with stillness of the forest my crit chance was 70% even with the 10% reduction from gambit.
    It's a good dps spec for archers, but it lacks synergy with all of the damage on hit abilities in the current state of the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    HR DPS OP

gwd_dps.PNG

SW died midway through boss which is why that DPS is low, I was at 94mil before boss, SW at 44mil. Jesus this DPS is stupid.

1st: HR
    2nd: SW
    3rd: CW
    4th: GF
    5th: DC

This Thorned Roots change is so broken. Still need to see if HR can compete with GWF.

So Ralexinor, give us a list of your: powers, feats and boons and rotation used against a group and vs. single monster.
    Thx
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Constricting + Hindering + Cordon for mobs, Constricting + Hindering + Fox Shift for a boss fight. At-wills are Careful Attack and Aimed Strike, but you can swap this for whatever. I'm just used to Aimed because of PvP, but something like Rapid Shot might be better. I would use Electric Shot instead of CA if you're Stormwarden. I'm using Serpent and Crushing Roots because I like to run ahead (much to my GF's aggravation :P), but if you want to focus on pure DPS you can run Serpent + Twin-Blade (if Stormwarden), Serpent + Aspect of the Pack (party DPS) or Serpent + Seeker's (difficult to manage well, but if you can maintain permanent uptime on it, your DPS will be very high). Dailies vary depending on the group I'm with - standard DPS is Seismic + Disruptive (Seismic is your main DPS daily), or Seismic + Cold Steel Hurricane as Stormwarden. If there's some survival needed, like the tank is terrible or similar or I'm dying badly when running ahead, I'll run Forest Ghost + Seismic, with FG as an opener to fights so I can lay down some CC before Cordon. I usually run Seismic + Slasher's Mark for bosses, as the stamina gain is helpful for my teammates.

My boons and feats are PvP, since I'm primarily a PvP HR, but if you go for all offensive powers, then Fleet Stance, Deft Strikes, then everything from T3-capstone except Trapper's Cunning and take whatever for the last 5 points (probably Bloodletting from Combat), should be fine.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And so I respecced back to trapper this weekend, and for the first timer ever I can now solo a couple of giants in IWD..
    As a combatter I think I could solo 3 wolfs, thats about it and as an archer the limit was 2 bears.

I have experimented alot with the encounters and ended up with the standard: Constrict and Hindering, but much to my surprise the third is now: Maurauders, not for the dmg, but **** its nice to open in archer mode with constrict, hindering, then swap to melee and maurauder fast up to the mob, then I can do the usual swapping stance while using constrict and hindering, and if in trouble, just archer-maurauder away and repeat.

For PvP I dont know how good that rotation is, but in PvE it works vs. everything,,also the Herald dragons in WoD..
  • Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Yeah I've been using constricting+hindering+fox with rapid+ca for at-wills since mod 4, and it's amazing. ralexinor's damage is very possible. I'll look into cordon though.