What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150515a.6

Comments

• Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey, I play CW and I am totally okay with the nerf to storm spell and stuff... but what I am upset about is you took the time to put CW on blast when TR has been effectively immortal piercing damage dealing gods in BIS pvp for like 2 mods... straight. Every single patch you release people are asking for a piercing damage nerf and you keep making it strong, would you please look into it? The last time I fought a TR his shadowy opportunity did 9k damage per hit on me.. piercing... from stealth. My ice knife did 120k damage deflected down to 4k on a TR. It seems really imbalanced and I feel kind of neglected when every patch it is mentioned and you haven't even acknowledged it as a problem.

Again trying my best not to be a crier, I usually don't post on this sort of stuff at all, but the current pvp strategy involves trying your best to 2 v 1 a TR and not die. It seems like the only way this will ever get fixed is when everyone makes a TR and pvp involves 5 TR's floating around not killing each other.

Anyways that is really the whole of my concern, Please look into pvp... talk to some top tier pvp guilds and see what they say about TR. Talk to the people that have to fight TR's in every premade and deal with 110k piercing damage over 15 seconds while not being able to see a target. Its very frustrating and not fun for the game. I'd rather fight the 100% unkillable paladin than fight a TR.

I agree that TR 'SO' piercing damage does need to be looked at too and many of us have mentioned this for quite awhile, but realize in PvE it is 3% of a TR's damage opposed to 60%+ from SS for CW (Now I know you are being particular to PvP here but I wanted to give you more of a comparison of the difference between them).
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    I've played enough to realize that you dont even need tank in most dungeons because CW can just perma CC adds and do great dmg on top of that, while tank get 2-3 shoted if he get too close. That is the reality which i see daily in dungeons.

This is wildly exaggerated. Why do you think most of the requests in lfg chat are for healers and tanks? There are no 5 cw runs. We cannot perma CC ANYTHING and if a single add gets through, we get one shotted. So it makes sense for us to do tons of damage. We cannot control that well and we're very squishy. What are we left with but our damage?

Additionally, I can factually disprove your perma cc argument if I look back in the patch notes. Chill was changed so that once a target is frozen (lasts maybe 2 seconds in T2s?) it cannot be affected by chill again (to the point of being frozen and therefore controlled) for 3-4 seconds. This applies to all cws in the group so one cannot freeze someone and then have someone else come and freeze them again.

The mob damage is insane, agreed and needs to be toned down. Tanks can get killed that fast and it's wrong. But guess what. Cws get killed even faster. we get one shotted all the time if the adds are not being tanked or distracted or are weak enough to be burnt down before they kill us.

if cws can't do damage anymore, Oppressor needs a rework for better control and adds need less control resist. We also need new powers that don't force us to jump into a mob to lay down an Icy terrain; like actual ranged control powers would be nice.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Token HR here, thanks for the fix to our roots, these last few weeks' patches have been nothing but 100% good news for our class. Keep up the good work. I mean god, I cannot think of anything major that needs fixing anymore.

Though my trans terror could use some love, I just put the poor thing in the bank. Then I held a minutes silent vigil in mourning. Luckily my alt has a p.plague to tide me over till the DR debuff is fixerized.

My comiserations to the CWs, look forward to meeting you all in domination.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    IWD rewards:
    One good thing they did since months and they ruin it already.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For some more info on the Storm Spell thing, have a look here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?956371-Some-changes-on-CW-tommorow&p=11252521&viewfull=1#post11252521

To the devs - is the reworked Storm Spell working WAI on preview?
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance

Control Wizard
    • Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.

*sighs in relief*

Ah, as a former CW, all I can say is thats a MARVELOUS change. Almost makes me want to go back to CW. Almost. :rolleyes:
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I feel like the whole cw community is speechless in shock. I know storm spell was out of line, but this change harkens back to the old dev team who just smashed things with the nerfhammer and left them broken. If you're going to slaughter the skill that does 60% of our damage, maybe you should buff something to compensate? This will leave us with barely any damage. If you felt cws were doing too much damage, maybe you should take a look at the insanity that a geared GWF can pull off.

Time to make another toon my main until this debacle is scaled back.

You might consider that if you are getting 60% of your damage drom a passive it is fairly broken and maybe needs fixed. I'm thinking back to when Deep Gash was providing upwards of 40% of GWF damage. And yeah I've looked at GWF damage Mod6 and honestly it's fairly ballanced (ignoring Lost set which is fairly broken for a class that gets most of it's DPS from critting on At-Wills) when you consider that GWFs have no utility powers of any real merit (without going IV and losing DPS then they have like 1). A class that has nothing but DPS should excel at DPS. It always confuses me that so many in the CW community think that a class with lots of utility powers should also be a high-end DPS class. Should GFs (also a utility heavy class) also be top DPSers?
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You just give the award away from spawn killed the man officially RP muscles have already impossible to 2 days we were able to farm again for your love your ego was canceled , You already offender comedy already uptade unreason reason why such a reduction could not be added.
  • Options
    zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    RP needs to be farmed..
    Forcing people to buy more zen is exactly the reason I no longer buy any. Although I was considering it to buy RP so I could upgrade all my artifact gear. 200k for 150k RP was reasonable but im not paying 500k ($10) a stack when I need around 30 stacks.
    I really don't understand the logic.

Edit: in my opinion a better way to have gone about this would have been to reduce respawn time on HE's or removed a few altogether so that the zerg train took longer. Not deny people a chance at an income and deny others the chance at buying RP at a reasonable price.
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    You might consider that if you are getting 60% of your damage drom a passive it is fairly broken and maybe needs fixed. I'm thinking back to when Deep Gash was providing upwards of 40% of GWF damage. And yeah I've looked at GWF damage Mod6 and honestly it's fairly ballanced (ignoring Lost set which is fairly broken for a class that gets most of it's DPS from critting on At-Wills) when you consider that GWFs have no utility powers of any real merit (without going IV and losing DPS then they have like 1). A class that has nothing but DPS should excel at DPS. It always confuses me that so many in the CW community think that a class with lots of utility powers should also be a high-end DPS class. Should GFs (also a utility heavy class) also be top DPSers?

Again, people like to see what they want to see. Gwfs got their damage back, huzzah. I'm not debating that storm spell was fairly broken. But this is, to use your example, exactly like the deep gash nerf. Gwfs had <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage for a long time after that because they were not provided with compensation for that loss. This is the same. So you bring the power back in line, but you need to buff it in some way to make up for that. Add more control powers, buff the base damages of other powers, etc..

It always confuses me that the rest of the nw community can't be bothered to play multiple classes and understand them. For the millionth time I've probably said this about the cw: We. Are. Not. Controllers. We have never been controllers. We might have been pre mod 4, but they killed that build on preview. All our "control" powers are very high risk or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. We either get one shotted or ineffectually freeze things for like 2 seconds.

If you want Cws to control, write a letter to cryptic and get them to do another huge overhaul of the class. Until then, the best form of control we have is to burn things into the ground before they can kill us. Which this nerf makes very difficult
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance

Control Wizard
    • Repel: This spell should no longer be able to be dodge cancelled infinitely.
    Explain i dont understand,the repel attack cant be dodged or repel cant be canceled by another player?
    So confusing
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    solbergx wrote: »
    Explain i dont understand,the repel attack cant be dodged or repel cant be canceled by another player?
    So confusing

CW player would be able to cancel the repel attack (cw dodge to cancel), so the push would activate, but with no damage, and the power would never go on cooldown. So they could effectively perpetually push opponents away.
  • Options
    senterionosenteriono Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is wildly exaggerated. Why do you think most of the requests in lfg chat are for healers and tanks? There are no 5 cw runs. We cannot perma CC ANYTHING and if a single add gets through, we get one shotted. So it makes sense for us to do tons of damage.

lol i run 5 man cw ecc/etos and **** everything we run ecc in less then 15 min almost everyrun just because u see noobs looking for dc's and gf's doesn't mean thats the best way too run it
  • Options
    shoogaboogalooshoogaboogaloo Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I agree that TR 'SO' piercing damage does need to be looked at too and many of us have mentioned this for quite awhile, but realize in PvE it is 3% of a TR's damage opposed to 60%+ from SS for CW (Now I know you are being particular to PvP here but I wanted to give you more of a comparison of the difference between them).

Yeah, balancing for pve isn't really a thing though, they don't even use shadowy opportunity in pve... at least the top damaging ones I see in tiamat. Also I did some testing guys, I play only CW and I can say our damage isn't gutted the .5 icd is barely noticeable and we lost maybe 10% on our overall damage from stormspell, 20% in pvp rather than 30%.... So you can relax if you play CW.. we are still very much alive post change especially with the changes to damage mitigation our actual spells do good damage now too. So everyone put your pitchforks down and lets just politely ask the devs to look into other things. I must reiterate how strong shadow opportunity is... not so much in pve but definitely in PVP it is literally game breaking, all of the best guilds revolve around the two large main broken things right now... how to steal points off an unkillable class (paladin).. and how to 2 v 1 vs a tr and not take 9k piercing damage fast enough to die. Both of those classes get people stacked on them because they are ultimately stronger than any one class.... and it is very concerning to me because I love pvp and the health of it matters. So even as a cw I don't mind our damage getting revalued, its a positive change if it changes the communities outlook on CW in general... but I think there are more pressing matters as far as balance goes. We will trust you to look into them <3.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, balancing for pve isn't really a thing though, they don't even using shadowy opportunity in pve... at least the top damaging ones I see in tiamat. Also I did some testing guys, I play only CW and I can say our damage isn't gutted the .5 icd is barely noticeable and we lost maybe 10% on our overall damage from stormspell, 20% in pvp rather than 30%.... So you can relax if you play CW.. we are still very much alive post change especially with the changes to damage mitigation our actual spells do good damage now too. So everyone put your pitchforks down and lets just politely ask the devs to look into other things. I must reiterate how strong shadow opportunity is... not so much in pve but definitely in PVP it is literally game breaking, all of the best guilds revolve around the two large main broken things right now... how to steal points off an unkillable class (paladin).. and how to 2 v 1 vs a tr and not take 9k piercing damage fast enough to die. Both of those classes get people stacked on them because they are ultimately stronger than any one class.... and it is very concerning to me because I love pvp and the health of it matters. So even as a cw I don't mind our damage getting revalued, its a positive change if it changes the communities outlook on CW in general... but I think there are more pressing matters as far as balance goes. We will trust you to look into them <3.

Well you don't "not use" SO in PvE, you either have it or don't and it has no off switch. It could be executioners you are looking at as they don't have SO. SO is on the sab path and honestly has no business being there.
  • Options
    soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Last two previous patch updates .. Acceptable and pleased.

This patch update ... not so pleasing.

That's all ... just my two bits.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Token HR here, thanks for the fix to our roots, these last few weeks' patches have been nothing but 100% good news for our class. Keep up the good work. I mean god, I cannot think of anything major that needs fixing anymore.

Though my trans terror could use some love, I just put the poor thing in the bank. Then I held a minutes silent vigil in mourning. Luckily my alt has a p.plague to tide me over till the DR debuff is fixerized.

My comiserations to the CWs, look forward to meeting you all in domination.

It's nice that they finally fixed something we've been reminding them about for months, but they still need to fix dodge immunity frames, the way that swiftness of the fox often fails to proc in combat, the unbelievably dumb fact that plant growth, a giant pile of grasping roots, is somehow neither strong grasping roots nor weak grasping roots but some third thing specifically created not to work with trapper feats, make dodges about 20% bigger (so we don't constantly die jumping between platforms in Tiamat), make the triggered attack of Careful Attack stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up Aspect of the Serpent so that it's hard to maximize melee damage (important when using Gushing Wound against bosses), and I imagine there's a whole other list of stormwarden-specific things.
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well you don't "not use" SO in PvE, you either have it or don't and it has no off switch. It could be executioners you are looking at as they don't have SO. SO is on the sab path and honestly has no business being there.

Exactly this. The path with the near perpetual stealth should not have been the one to get the damage boost that cannot be mitigated (from attacks while in stealth no less).
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nerfing the RP rewards from IWD was the wrong solution. Limiting the number of people per instance, requiring more time/damage to get the full reward, suspending all RP rewards while BID is up (and finally fixing the broken BID instances after a YEAR), and binding them to account would have made sense. As usual, Cryptic implements the worst possible 'fix.'

As it is, anyone hoping to advance in the IWD part of the pvp campaign is still out of luck.
  • Options
    necron304necron304 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And again I wonder, if the resitancebug will ever be patch
  • Options
    manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2015
    Does anyone not remember the reason that stormspell was buffed in the first place? Let me remind you: It was because all of our CW powers were massively nerfed. Buffing stormspell was like a little bone to try and help. Now, stormspell is nerfed without a re-examination of the encounter power nerfs that necessitated the need for it in the first place. This nerfs our damage into oblivion
  • Options
    fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Laugh at CWs who say they can not control anything, all the annoying mobs that 1 shot players in T2 (ie, Archers, Spiders, Cut Throats, ect..) can all be controlled and easily killed if interrupted with 1 singularity. There is a difference between can not and will not, I run with a great many CWs who are great at controlling the mobs in most every encounter. Yes there are mobs that are uncontrollable but most of them do not need to be controlled anyways. All the dps classes have felt the nerf bat at one time or another welcome to the party. Those classes that got nerf did not receive any boost to another ability until down the road but found other specs to use and just accepted what happens in all MMOs eventually.
  • Options
    manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2015
    fuglymook wrote: »
    Laugh at CWs who say they can not control anything, all the annoying mobs that 1 shot players in T2 (ie, Archers, Spiders, Cut Throats, ect..) can all be controlled and easily killed if interrupted with 1 singularity. There is a difference between can not and will not, I run with a great many CWs who are great at controlling the mobs in most every encounter. Yes there are mobs that are uncontrollable but most of them do not need to be controlled anyways. All the dps classes have felt the nerf bat at one time or another welcome to the party. Those classes that got nerf did not receive any boost to another ability until down the road but found other specs to use and just accepted what happens in all MMOs eventually.

You obviously have no idea the level of control resistance of mobs in T2's. 1 second is about as much control as you get on any "control" ability. And you need to get this idea out of your head that "control" wizards should be controlling/cc'ing. That would be like me saying "trickster" rogues need to be tricking enemies. It is just how they are named. All classes have some measure of control abilities, from stuns, prones, dazes, pushes, etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    You obviously have no idea the level of control resistance of mobs in T2's. 1 second is about as much control as you get on any "control" ability. And you need to get this idea out of your head that "control" wizards should be controlling/cc'ing. That would be like me saying "trickster" rogues need to be tricking enemies. It is just how they are named. All classes have some measure of control abilities, from stuns, prones, dazes, pushes, etc.

1 second is all you need as it interrupts their attacks and puts them on CD again. Trickster Rogues do in fact use tricks on their enemies such as bait and switch, smoke screen, stealth. The control wizard has the most CCs and most effective CCs in game and yet 90% refuse to use them. A good controlling CW can make runs so easy and increase the damage all party members do in group and the end goal is to beat boss and take loot. The DEVs fixed a broken class feature that critted 100% of time and in some cases procced multiple times in 1 second on same mob.
  • Options
    martanis117martanis117 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance

General
    • PVP: Armor Penetration Resistance now correctly works as expected against players.
    • Tenacity: Armor Penetration Resistance is now multiplicative. Base Armor penetration resistance is now 20% to compensate.
    • Tenacity: Damage Resistance and Critical Resistance from Tenacity are now correctly multiplicative.
    Control Wizard
    • Repel: This spell should no longer be able to be dodge cancelled infinitely.
    • Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.
    Great Weapon Fighter
    • Punishing Charge: Rank 4 now correctly increases your number of charges.

Guardian Fighter
    • Line Breaker Assault: This power will now consistently activate when hitting targets.

Hunter Ranger
    • Thorned Roots: This damage component of this power is no longer incorrectly resisted by control resist.

Items and Economy
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.
    • Trickster Rogue Rare primary weapons level 61+ are not only usable in the main hand.

User Interface
    • Inspecting a player defaults to the equipment tab again.

hey so what about the bugged enchantments? what about the classes that need to be buffed to be on par with other strong classes? what about the invisible fire balls in LoL?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

On my main I use control dailies all the tiime (at a huge dps loss) to help ensure party success.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Im sorry but one peridot reward is a massive reduction.

It should be guaranteed one peridot and chance of rolle at another 50% and another 10% chance at aquarmarine or something.

Again, you guys are not balancing this right.

Simply put, there just isnt enough in game items to worry about doing to warrant playing right now.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Token GF on the thread.

Line Breaker Assault fixed. Really? With the DR issue, the Shield Issue, the Lunging Strike bug, the stance glitch, you 'fix' a skill that is not valuable in PvE ('face tanking with it in epic dungeons will get you one shot killed because you are exposed and separated from group) and not very useful in PvP (when rotations of skills are better with control features).

For the GF, please fix the things that are more critical for the class. Thanks!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Again, people like to see what they want to see. Gwfs got their damage back, huzzah. I'm not debating that storm spell was fairly broken. But this is, to use your example, exactly like the deep gash nerf. Gwfs had <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage for a long time after that because they were not provided with compensation for that loss. This is the same. So you bring the power back in line, but you need to buff it in some way to make up for that. Add more control powers, buff the base damages of other powers, etc..

It always confuses me that the rest of the nw community can't be bothered to play multiple classes and understand them. For the millionth time I've probably said this about the cw: We. Are. Not. Controllers. We have never been controllers. We might have been pre mod 4, but they killed that build on preview. All our "control" powers are very high risk or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. We either get one shotted or ineffectually freeze things for like 2 seconds.

If you want Cws to control, write a letter to cryptic and get them to do another huge overhaul of the class. Until then, the best form of control we have is to burn things into the ground before they can kill us. Which this nerf makes very difficult

You fail to understand why DG was a problem. It was because with one feat you could get plenty of DPS then go IV sent and be nigh invulnerable too. GWfs now get great DPS but can be kind of fragile. If you think CW's controlis bad you whould try...... EVERY OTHER CLASS IN THE GAME. I happen to know their control was fine past Mod4 because I was using one. Everyone's control is dimi9nished Mod6 this is true. But when you play a class that has a dozen utility powers complaining about a loss of DPS just sounds like whining.
  • Options
    daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Token GF on the thread.

Line Breaker Assault fixed. Really? With the DR issue, the Shield Issue, the Lunging Strike bug, the stance glitch, you 'fix' a skill that is not valuable in PvE ('face tanking with it in epic dungeons will get you one shot killed because you are exposed and separated from group) and not very useful in PvP (when rotations of skills are better with control features).

For the GF, please fix the things that are more critical for the class. Thanks!

Yeah I have to seriously agree here...with all due respect to the dev team you fix an ability that as far as I know not one GF is using let alone have any points into it. Epic Facepalm moment coming.
This discussion has been closed.