test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150515a.6

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)
Classes and Balance

General
  • PVP: Armor Penetration Resistance now correctly works as expected against players.
  • Tenacity: Armor Penetration Resistance is now multiplicative. Base Armor penetration resistance is now 20% to compensate.
  • Tenacity: Damage Resistance and Critical Resistance from Tenacity are now correctly multiplicative.
Control Wizard
  • Repel: This spell should no longer be able to be dodge cancelled infinitely.
  • Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.
Great Weapon Fighter
  • Punishing Charge: Rank 4 now correctly increases your number of charges.

Guardian Fighter
  • Line Breaker Assault: This power will now consistently activate when hitting targets.

Hunter Ranger
  • Thorned Roots: This damage component of this power is no longer incorrectly resisted by control resist.

Items and Economy
  • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.
  • Trickster Rogue Rare primary weapons level 61+ are not only usable in the main hand.

User Interface
  • Inspecting a player defaults to the equipment tab again.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced."

The last big run tonight.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whats reduced? like chance at aquamarine is reduced to 50% less? or what?

Making them drop nothing or just a chance at a stone.. boo to that.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What happened to the PvP tournament btw?
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But is inspection actually FIXED as in you can inspect players from afar again? Whelp.
  • mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance
    [*]Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.
    ]

I feel like the whole cw community is speechless in shock. I know storm spell was out of line, but this change harkens back to the old dev team who just smashed things with the nerfhammer and left them broken. If you're going to slaughter the skill that does 60% of our damage, maybe you should buff something to compensate? This will leave us with barely any damage. If you felt cws were doing too much damage, maybe you should take a look at the insanity that a geared GWF can pull off.

Time to make another toon my main until this debacle is scaled back.
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    What happened to the PvP tournament btw?

These aren't the droids you're looking for...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    But is inspection actually FIXED as in you can inspect players from afar again? Whelp.

I wondered that as well. Who cares about having to change tabs if most of the time the feature doesn't even function.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lol time to move on to MoF for PVE.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you felt cws were doing too much damage, maybe you should take a look at the insanity that a geared GWF can pull off.

That's EXACTLY what they want.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I always felt that 60% of ones damage from a class feature was pretty insane considering typically these yield 3% for other classes -- but I am not saying that they should all behave uniformly either. Even with this change it will still likely always be used in all cases I would imagine.
  • shoogaboogalooshoogaboogaloo Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance

General
    • PVP: Armor Penetration Resistance now correctly works as expected against players.
    • Tenacity: Armor Penetration Resistance is now multiplicative. Base Armor penetration resistance is now 20% to compensate.
    • Tenacity: Damage Resistance and Critical Resistance from Tenacity are now correctly multiplicative.
    Control Wizard
    • Repel: This spell should no longer be able to be dodge cancelled infinitely.
    • Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.
    Great Weapon Fighter
    • Punishing Charge: Rank 4 now correctly increases your number of charges.

Guardian Fighter
    • Line Breaker Assault: This power will now consistently activate when hitting targets.

Hunter Ranger
    • Thorned Roots: This damage component of this power is no longer incorrectly resisted by control resist.

Items and Economy
    • Icewind Dale: Heroic Encounter rewards have been reduced.
    • Trickster Rogue Rare primary weapons level 61+ are not only usable in the main hand.

User Interface
    • Inspecting a player defaults to the equipment tab again.

Hey, I play CW and I am totally okay with the nerf to storm spell and stuff... but what I am upset about is you took the time to put CW on blast when TR has been effectively immortal piercing damage dealing gods in BIS pvp for like 2 mods... straight. Every single patch you release people are asking for a piercing damage nerf and you keep making it strong, would you please look into it? The last time I fought a TR his shadowy opportunity did 9k damage per hit on me.. piercing... from stealth. My ice knife did 120k damage deflected down to 4k on a TR. It seems really imbalanced and I feel kind of neglected when every patch it is mentioned and you haven't even acknowledged it as a problem.

Again trying my best not to be a crier, I usually don't post on this sort of stuff at all, but the current pvp strategy involves trying your best to 2 v 1 a TR and not die. It seems like the only way this will ever get fixed is when everyone makes a TR and pvp involves 5 TR's floating around not killing each other.

Anyways that is really the whole of my concern, Please look into pvp... talk to some top tier pvp guilds and see what they say about TR. Talk to the people that have to fight TR's in every premade and deal with 110k piercing damage over 15 seconds while not being able to see a target. Its very frustrating and not fun for the game. I'd rather fight the 100% unkillable paladin than fight a TR.
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The trinity is DPS, Tank, and Heal. Control is NOT a part of the trinity. Control wizards are a DPS class. Why are you killing our DPS? This is not part of the imbalance in the game! So many things are actually broken, but you are focusing on nerfing stuff? Where are our priorities?!?!
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
    edited June 2015
    I always felt that 60% of ones damage from a class feature was pretty insane considering typically these yield 3% for other classes -- but I am not saying that they should all behave uniformly either. Even with this change it will still likely always be used in all cases I would imagine.

The re-balancing shouldn't kick the class in the teeth though. It should balance it; meaning that other things get buffed while the OP things get toned down. I guess we're back to breaking things hopelessly as other people cry for nerfs and hope their own OP skills don't get noticed.
    edited June 2015
    I feel like the whole cw community is speechless in shock. I know storm spell was out of line, but this change harkens back to the old dev team who just smashed things with the nerfhammer and left them broken. If you're going to slaughter the skill that does 60% of our damage, maybe you should buff something to compensate? This will leave us with barely any damage. If you felt cws were doing too much damage, maybe you should take a look at the insanity that a geared GWF can pull off.

LOL, if it was up to me i'd have put a 10s ICD. CW is way too broken dmg wise for a ranged CC machine. They are the reason why many other dps classes are behind because CW does similar or better dmg + great CC from a safe position with much better survivality due to broken shield.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The re-balancing shouldn't kick the class in the teeth though. It should balance it; meaning that other things get buffed while the OP things get toned down. I guess we're back to breaking things hopelessly as other people cry for nerfs and hope their own OP skills don't get noticed.
    Karma is a *****.
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    Karma is a *****.

Karma? We did not do anything to your class... We just played ours.
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This won't hurt pvp CWs much in the end, but it will murder PVE ones...

Those CWs will still continue to melt you with their SS/lostmauth combo. They can easily just switch to a plague fire instead of the vorpal.

Aren't T2s hard enough as it is?
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    LOL, if it was up to me i'd have put a 10s ICD. CW is way too broken dmg wise for a ranged CC machine. They are the reason why many other dps classes are behind because CW does similar or better dmg + great CC from a safe position with much better survivality due to broken shield.

Obviously another class QQer. If you've played this game for any length of time, or ever stepped into a cws shoes (and why not join the winning team? I don't get you guys who refuse to play another class and cry for its nerfing), you would know that we're not a CC class. We're not even that ranged tbh, with our best rotations making us jump into mobs. Steal time and Icy terrain have no range. Conduit is maybe our best ranged power and is only used for utility. So our "great CC" is never from a safe range.

I'm not even gonna touch the shield comment as that's a pvp complaint and I prefer pve.

And other dps classes are behind the cw because they haven't been buffed. I'd rather see buffs get handed out than people cheering as my main gets shot in the face.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    First they nerf CWs control abilities, then we have to rely on random procs to do dmg (30-40% of our dmg) and then they take it away with ZERO compensation. Look at the dps charts and you will see, that SS CWs WITHOUT the nerf did less dmg then similar GWFs. Now they deal a 5th of GWFs dmg?

But you have CC you say? Yes against mobs with 90% cc immunity or players who deflect it with decent gear.

Is there a wheel with all classes and once a month one of them gets a 'rebalancing' bc. there are no other issues at hand, all is dany and you get bored?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited June 2015
    Obviously another class QQer. If you've played this game for any length of time, or ever stepped into a cws shoes (and why not join the winning team? I don't get you guys who refuse to play another class and cry for its nerfing), you would know that we're not a CC class. We're not even that ranged tbh, with our best rotations making us jump into mobs. Steal time and Icy terrain have no range. Conduit is maybe our best ranged power and is only used for utility. So our "great CC" is never from a safe range.

I'm not even gonna touch the shield comment as that's a pvp complaint and I prefer pve.

And other dps classes are behind the cw because they haven't been buffed. I'd rather see buffs get handed out than people cheering as my main gets shot in the face.

I've played enough to realize that you dont even need tank in most dungeons because CW can just perma CC adds and do great dmg on top of that, while tank get 2-3 shoted if he get too close. That is the reality which i see daily in dungeons.
This discussion has been closed.