test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My budget TR PVE build:

13»

Comments

• zelxiorzelxior Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Um, i'm quite new with neverwinter and companions.. Which of the starter companions should i get for TR?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zelxior wrote: »
    Um, i'm quite new with neverwinter and companions.. Which of the starter companions should i get for TR?

I would recommend the healer, later on, when you can afford fancier companions I would recommend an augment.
  • sharpfangjr#5006 sharpfangjr Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like the build. What kind of loadout would you suggest for general questing and leveling to 70?
  • combatduelercombatdueler Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    which 4 bottom row artifacts do you recommend?
    edited June 2015
    For levelling I recommend Smoke bomb, shadow strike and PotB. The bottem row of artifacts I would recommend are (Bearing in mind, with the constrants of the build remaining budget), DC artifact (Active), Waters, GWF artifact and HR artifact. I would tentatively recommend, once you can afford it, swapping the GWF artifact or the HR artifact out with the lostmauth horn, if you can afford it, and getting ghe full losmauth set. It synergises really well with this build, and any build that can output a high number of crits.

Sorry for not fully updating this build, I have been busy doing a lot of testing on paladin, even my main, my CW has seen neglect. You can expect sometime within the next 2 weeks a major update to this build as well as a release of my budget CW build, which I am also working on. Also, I will be putting out a devotion pally build If I do not see one within the next 2 weeks :p
  • crokkobrcrokkobr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Man, 8k recovery?? is it possible???? =\

You went Recovery > Power > AP
    or Recovery > AP > Power???
  • wodewickwodewick Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Fantastic guide, thanks. Having played about with TR for a few weeks now after my original HR got owned at lvl60, i quickly came to the conclusion that perm-stealth was the way to go. Looked for a guide found this. So, my main question right now is, why smokebomb over BnS? SB removes stealth and leaves me vulnerable to attack, where as with BnS i can keep stealth up much longer before i need to ShadowStrike. Currently only lvl50 so Smoke only lvl1, but doesn't seem to help me much. Is it just a case of waiting 2 lvls then i will see a difference with Smoke?
  • slutharnoobslutharnoob Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actually every point in Smoke Bomb increases duration (and tics) by 1 sec, which means rank3 and eventually rank4 are highly valuable.
    This ability is a must have in epic dungeons, providing high damage as well as strong Crowd Control, if used from Stealth.
    edited June 2015
    crokkobr wrote: »
    Man, 8k recovery?? is it possible???? =\

You went Recovery > Power > AP
    or Recovery > AP > Power???

Assuming by AP you mean Armour penetration and not action point gain, you want Recovery>Arp>Power. 8K recovery is possible btw, with silveries and recovery gear.

The reason why I recommend smoke bomb over BnS in most situations is for a few reasons:
    1) It has a really nice CC effect, so you can normally safely use it from stealth and build up your meter again.
    2) It does decent damage and speeds up your removal of adds, which is another important factor.
    3) With the Sab capstone, you Really don't need another stealth regen power like BnS that often, as it sort of fills that role by itself.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    I used this build to level 60 to 65 but didn't really like the gameplay all that much. So I developed an Executioner version of it which better suits my playstyle but sticks to the main themes - budget gear, pema or near perma stealth. Luckily my TR had gear from when she was previously specced as a perma executioner a few Mods ago so I have pretty solid recovery. If I'm smart with my use of GC I can just about Perma using only SS for stealth refresh and I have SB to cover any short gaps. The stealth recharge from the Executioner capstone really helps her as it's MUCH faster than default and comes with built-in Tenacious Concealment.

As an Executioner I do so much damage with GC I don't really need PoB to boost DPS. I'm killing stuff pretty fast even after the +50% mob HP boost from the last patch.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • garret84garret84 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    We totally need this guide in means of current module 17. I have found 2 budget guides for whisperknife and assassin respectively (both from the same author), but they're all russian language.
  • kors#9447 kors Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    garret84 said:

We totally need this guide in means of current module 17. I have found 2 budget guides for whisperknife and assassin respectively (both from the same author), but they're all russian language.

@garret84

Here different guides. First 2 for PvE, last one for PvP:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PrA_ZnO5AqHAJmbuIv-F34XVZJIX5D0HuJNo2bHdmbE/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14lSNln4ndhqnH9J0U9q5j5led3VyZSuiT9nCn5gG8jI/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vT7Ham5YzPgI9C8rYi1KDYDZmRGUPPqXSiFNdtG-vKgUsP-bKSEEa_NY6BZ0DDpkKz4hjmNiGX-RT27/pub