test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

6/4/2015 - OP Changes / Divine Judgement Feedback

15678911»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My paladin has been able to go to IWD since hitting 60, according to the NPC that unlocks it. I just haven't bothered yet because I know his gear is trashy and I'm not a sucker for punishment. :)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My paladin has been able to go to IWD since hitting 60, according to the NPC that unlocks it. I just haven't bothered yet because I know his gear is trashy and I'm not a sucker for punishment. :)

...gear matters no more. Just follow the zerg...

...We are zerg. Resistance is futile. ...

On topic:

So this now has devolved into an Anti-/Pally-PvP-thread?

...why am I not surprised?
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dragonogre wrote: »
    Maybe they changed it to 70 for IWD and the old requirement was lvl 60 3 boons from Sharander or 3 boons from Dreadring.
    That boon rule was definitely not in place a few weeks ago when I ran my Pally through the quest. I didn't have any boons from either Sharandar or Dread Ring - I think I might have had the first ToD boon.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • icefalcon9icefalcon9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...If you want to DPS people, roll a DPS class. Such simple words, but in the end, it's also a simple truth. Again, to repeat myself, why do people hate Sabos and view them as broken? Because nothing that resilient and relentless should be allowed that much damage.

Because you have to kill stuff in order to level in this game you twit! You do know that right? Every non-DPS class has to level through the same freaking level 70 starter content that the DPS classes do. But ever since the mob difficulity increase introduced in MOD6 lots of people have given up and stopped playing. Why???

Because if you cant kill **** you can't level through the 70 zones. DJ allowed me to eventually kill the giants in Spinward zone 3. Now, with out that damage its just not worth my time to even bother. 10-15 min to kill one giant? **** is respawning by that time. Group up you say? Kiss my @ss. Everything outside of dungeons and major raid events should be SOLO!

As someone else here said, if the developers are going to insist that OP and GF should only tank or heal, then the developers had better dam ensure that DPS classes can't tank or heal. If an OP isnt allowed to kill **** then I want to see a bloody trail of dead DPS class bodies everywhere.

Rgr Out!

...If you know what the "Pendrill Prophecy" is send me a private message.
    edited June 2015
    That boon rule was definitely not in place a few weeks ago when I ran my Pally through the quest. I didn't have any boons from either Sharandar or Dread Ring - I think I might have had the first ToD boon.

I actually now think Dragonogre doesn't have a *second* character at level 60 to go speak to Jarlaxle, and Jarlaxle hasn't had his dialogue updated to reflect the relaxed rules.

You and I aren't having any difficulty picking up the quest because we've done it before and see no restrictions on any new characters we bring in.

You still have to have 2 characters (minimum) in IWD to get Vault of the Nine, even though they both only need to be level 60 to travel there. The second character speaking to Jarlaxle unlocks the quest being open to the first one.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have two characters 60+ and my other has 2 dreadring and 2 sharander boons.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    icefalcon9 wrote: »
    Because you have to kill stuff in order to level in this game you twit! You do know that right? Every non-DPS class has to level through the same freaking level 70 starter content that the DPS classes do. But ever since the mob difficulity increase introduced in MOD6 lots of people have given up and stopped playing. Why???

Because if you cant kill **** you can't level through the 70 zones. DJ allowed me to eventually kill the giants in Spinward zone 3. Now, with out that damage its just not worth my time to even bother. 10-15 min to kill one giant? **** is respawning by that time. Group up you say? Kiss my @ss. Everything outside of dungeons and major raid events should be SOLO!

As someone else here said, if the developers are going to insist that OP and GF should only tank or heal, then the developers had better dam ensure that DPS classes can't tank or heal. If an OP isnt allowed to kill **** then I want to see a bloody trail of dead DPS class bodies everywhere.

Rgr Out!

I gonna side with this guy here.
    No problem dpsing and healing in a group though,
    but solo-ing now just takes a little teeny bit longer for me.

I would imagine those with lower than level 70 people feel, perhaps like forever ?
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
    edited June 2015
    dragonogre wrote: »
    I have two characters 60+ and my other has 2 dreadring and 2 sharander boons.

Have they gone and talked to Jarlaxle yet? Try that, then talk to him with your paladin again.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm a healing pally that enjoyed DJ's big single target damage but am alright with the potential for the new DJ's big AoE damage. But it's hard to use it in the right spots to get more than 3-4 at a time, so I'd like to see it's area of effect expanded if it's going to do more damage as an AoE now.

It hasn't hurt my ability to get kills in PvP nearly as much as I thought it would either.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actually my only problem is the AoE is a little small. I can kill things fine, and this change makes things easier in some situations, so I'm ok with 1/3 the damage over 7 targets instead of how it used to work. The problem is the range of its effect, that has remained the same from when it was a single target with a spray, it needs to double the area it looks for targets in at least.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    icefalcon9 wrote: »

Rgr Out!

I agree with this person so much! All this grinding is frustrating enough as it is, now I just won't bother at all anymore.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So are they going to nerf GF damage down to paladin levels now? Since both classes are "tanks"? or will we get a OP Encounter dmg increase. Because to be honest we need like 30% increase there too keep us relevant compared to GF.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • ofscourgeofscourge Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    Lets get back to the fundamentals.

Why is anyone complaining about the old damage from DJ? I bet it's ONLY PVPers who have no shame by exploiting Justice Bug and have no idea on pally true potentials as a support and a leader class ARE complaining.

there, I fix it for you :p
    My self, as PVPer pally, rarely uses my DJ, Pally (prot one) suppose to use DP as their daily.
    and Back to the topic, in fact, doing IWD HE was never been easier with DJ now.
    You know those Totem HE where 5 or more hammerstones gather up? tons damage in total with the new DJ compare with the old DJ.
    I can solo them faster then I was with the old DJ.
    And no, I dont even close to BiS, I'm only 2,5iL now

my DJ on Dummy without Crit:
    Your Divine Judgement deals 48856 (43896) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

My DJ on Dummy with Crit:
    Critical Hit! Your Divine Judgement deals 84738 (79941) Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

You see, it was better in solo PVE then with the old one, and in dungeon, our Binding Oath (when comboed with DP - Sanctuary - Templar) does more damage than DJ (even with bosses). you just need to learn to to use it properly.

Edit, And Yes, icreasing the DJs AoE are totally fine, maybe by 10 feet more? I'm with increasing DJ AoE
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    So are they going to nerf GF damage down to paladin levels now? Since both classes are "tanks"? or will we get a OP Encounter dmg increase. Because to be honest we need like 30% increase there too keep us relevant compared to GF.
    We are better tanks than the GF. If you want more DPS you're going to have to lose tankiness. Personally I like the OP just as it is and I have had zero difficulty killing stuff either during levelling 1-70 or now in Sharandar/DR/ToD.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We are better tanks than the GF. If you want more DPS you're going to have to lose tankiness. Personally I like the OP just as it is and I have had zero difficulty killing stuff either during levelling 1-70 or now in Sharandar/DR/ToD.

The only better things which OP have over GF is Dailies. Everything else is imo less useful compared to what GF can offer.
  • dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Have they gone and talked to Jarlaxle yet? Try that, then talk to him with your paladin again.
    I found out what the issue was apparently my CW's access to IWD was reset some how I went there early on in the previous mod.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    The only better things which OP have over GF is Dailies. Everything else is imo less useful compared to what GF can offer.

Nonsense, GF doesn't have a heal encounter which also gives temp hp and breaks from CC. Neither does GF have an encounter that can give 100ks of temp hp by dealing aoe damage. Imho, OP has much etter defensive encounters than anything in this game. What they lack is some reliable CC and more offensive/higher damage dealing encounters. And of course, fixed bugs that they have a lot of. Paladin loses like 45% damage from at-wills as only radiant strike and shielding strike benefits from ranks...
  • ghatheghathe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Paladin's animation are just ****ing slow. Against a good DC/CW/TR/HR player you can't land a DJ unless he's CC by another guy they just have have to press shift and laugh at you. Now ill just spam divine protector with binding oath,templar wrath, purifying touch, protection and truth and let them enjoy hitting me till they die of boredeom.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ghathe wrote: »
    Paladin's animation are just ****ing slow. Against a good DC/CW/TR/HR player you can't land a DJ unless he's CC by another guy they just have have to press shift and laugh at you. Now ill just spam divine protector with binding oath,templar wrath, purifying touch, protection and truth and let them enjoy hitting me till they die of boredeom.

That's always my plan. You're a tank. If you rolled a paladin to do DPS, then you rolled the wrong class, really. Your choices are tank or healer, which is a unique combination that no other class had until now. It makes me laugh as I become the wall as the other team gets preoccupied trying to take me down while the rest of my team goes to capture stuff. When I play this type of PvP that's what I always do.
  • castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hello, just back from hollidays and i see that my paladin's daily as been "nerfed"

What can i say, ok, it had to be nerfed someday, but it has been maybe nerfed too much...it dosnt change at all for me, i wasnt counting on it to kill people on pvp, but in solo pve it will maybe change something..

So, some paladin's exploit has been fixed and it's cool, and our daily has been nerfed and that is not bad in fact.

Now, let's talk about the fact that, about daily's :

Actually, i have.. 3 shield's daily's, 1 healing daily, and, 1 offense's daily

Offense daily ; on pvp, on pve, no need anymore, too low damage against anyone
    1 of this shield's daily is good on team and solo
    1 of this shield is good on solo ( pvp, not on pve )
    1 of this shiled is absolutly useless
    The healing daily is useless on solo mode, pve and pvp.

So, now my choices are, having shield, or... shield, great :)

Now let's talk about offensive thing,we are now the only class which is absolutly unable to kill anything on pvp ( yes, dc can be dps, but they wont be healer, yes, dc can be healer, and tank on same time, paladin can only choose to be tank OR healer, not both. )

Now, it's not a surprise for those who have ever tried to play paladin, i'll explain with 1 skill which will prove to you that paladin needed a nerf, and had it, but needed some improvement, but they never had it

Divine touch : (Melee, 15' Blast, 10s cooldown) Deal HEAVY Radiant damage to all foes in an area around the target.
    encounter, rank 4 , deal less damage than our stronger at will.

SO, to finish, this nerf is welcome, but now we need something in compensation.
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ofscourge wrote: »
    there, I fix it for you :p
    My self, as PVPer pally, rarely uses my DJ, Pally (prot one) suppose to use DP as their daily.
    and Back to the topic, in fact, doing IWD HE was never been easier with DJ now.
    You know those Totem HE where 5 or more hammerstones gather up? tons damage in total with the new DJ compare with the old DJ.
    I can solo them faster then I was with the old DJ.
    And no, I dont even close to BiS, I'm only 2,5iL now

my DJ on Dummy without Crit:

My DJ on Dummy with Crit:

You see, it was better in solo PVE then with the old one, and in dungeon, our Binding Oath (when comboed with DP - Sanctuary - Templar) does more damage than DJ (even with bosses). you just need to learn to to use it properly.

Edit, And Yes, icreasing the DJs AoE are totally fine, maybe by 10 feet more? I'm with increasing DJ AoE

That is pitiful damage. I don't need another aoe like that, we have more than enough.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Where is the fix to Paladin's shield (sanctuary) activating slowly (1.5 seconds) or sometimes not activating at all?

This should be a rule from now on. With every nerf there should be 3 fixes coming with it.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While I don't completely agree with the rule, as I'm well aware that Divine Judgement needed a toning down, I kinda agree with the sentiment.

Devotion specced Paladins have kinda ran out of useful Dailies. Lay on Hands has it's uses, sure, but they are situational at best (like right after a rez) and with Bond of Virtue active a quick slam on Shift for sanctuary will usually heal someone to full anyway. Useful for constant Prism, though.

Healing Font is - in my opinion - a piece of poopoo. It doesn't even outperform Sanctuary as a heal (again, with Bond active). It looks alright, though.

Heroism is alright, as it's our best source of Temp. HP and provides CC immunity, which is especially useful in the Lostmauth fight where the invisible fireballs can really ruin your healing day.

I've been eagerly awaiting a Shield of Faith fix. That would be the daily to rule all dailies for a Devotion spec. On paper it looks so awesome (50% DR) but it hasn't worked once, so we don't even know on what layer it applies. I'd gladly trade all the Divine Judgements in the world for that one, as it would make party play in T2's so much nicer.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    A 50% damage reduction reduction would've been more than enough, they could've also increased it's AOE radius since it is no longer a single-target attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]