test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP/PVE Hunter Ranger build

Comments

• robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2015
    It does if you use Stormstep Action as one of your Features. Every time you use a Daily it reduces the cooldown on all of your Encounters by 1 second (2 seconds at rank 3). My rotation is, Hindering Shot, Constricting Arrow, switch, Fox Shift, Steel Breeze, Hindering Strike, switch, Fox's Cunning, Constricting Arrow, Disruptive Shot, Hindering Shot, switch... and so on. I never have to use an At-will, and I never have to wait to use my next encounter.... unless I get dazed and/or screw up my rotation.

i'm a pathfinder trapper, so no access to stormstep action.

it's only in extended fights where you can really notice it, most of the time i never use at-wills either (besides careful attack on bosses or something).
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    doligic wrote: »
    Just a little confused here. You mention the royal guard set is the better 4 set, but on the first page near the bottom you mention the stats to strive for.

Critical Strike: 2,800~3,200
    Armor Penetration: 2,400~2,600
    Recovery: 2,600~2,800
    Defense: 2,400~2,800
    Deflection: 2,000~2,200
    Regeneration: ~1,000
    Life Steal: ~1,400

With the royal guard set, there is no crit strike. Yet you give 2,800 -3,200 as a base to shoot for.

So the Royal Guard set has
    ++Power
    ++Armor pen
    +Defence
    +Deflection
    +Regen

With my current gear, 3/4 glade stalker set (same set bonus but 20% instead of 30% as royal and just a few less of the same stats). I am only sitting at 600 crit strike. Even gemming my offencive slots with crit strike, I'll get nowhere close to the 2,800 - 3,200. But I'm sitting at around 2,000 armor pen.

If I look at the Grand Warden set
    ++Power
    ++Crit strike
    +Defence
    +Armor Pen
    +Recovery

This set would allow me to boost to a close range of the crit strike. And then socket for armor pen to bring it close to the 2,400 - 2,600.

So after looking at these, I understand the Royal Guard has the better set as the Grand Warden will hardly be used, but if Royal can't get us the stats we are looking for, why use it? I'm sure I'm missing something so thats why I have come here to ask. Please know I am not trying to insult anyone as you have put so much time into this, I'm just trying to understand.

IMO both 4 sets are garbo, im running 2 2 sets for that free 900 ARP
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I almost want to go for the Forest Lord set just to see how that thang does.
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    that doesn't make up the gap when hindering shot runs out of charges. the daily doesn't reduce the melee cooldowns so you will always be a second or two off at some point when disruptive is still on CD.

Then add a little recovery i don't know what to tell you i run into the problem you describe once every 100 rotations or so. You do know that your power is available before the icon on your screen lights up right? The game doesn't seem to be able to cope with our cooldowns and end up using my powers when they are still 1-3 seconds away from being ready.
    edited May 2015
    arlequin13 wrote: »
    Then add a little recovery i don't know what to tell you i run into the problem you describe once every 100 rotations or so. You do know that your power is available before the icon on your screen lights up right? The game doesn't seem to
    be able to cope with our cooldowns and end up using my powers when they are still 1-3 seconds away from being ready.

i don't think you understand that hindering shot is bugged with our CD reduction feat and goes down to 0 charges even when there should be 2 or more (after you shoot the first 3 off). i am extremely fast with going through the rotation, which is why i notice this so much. i can make a video to illustrate this later.

trust me i understand how to play a hunter and how the encounters look like they are still on cooldown when they aren't. most people aren't as fast with the rotation so they don't notice the small gaps that the bug creates. (which adds up to a lot of gaps the longer the fight is). the gaps are there whether or not you use disruptive shot-- which is a DPS loss compared to seismic shot if there are adds-- when it's on CD and hindering shot has the 0 charge bug going on. the only things that can fill those gaps are at-wills.

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited May 2015
    i don't think you understand that hindering shot is bugged with our CD reduction feat and goes down to 0 charges even when there should be 2 or more (after you shoot the first 3 off). i am extremely fast with going through the rotation, which is why i notice this so much. i can make a video to illustrate this later.

trust me i understand how to play a hunter and how the encounters look like they are still on cooldown when they aren't. most people aren't as fast with the rotation so they don't notice the small gaps that the bug creates. (which adds up to a lot of gaps the longer the fight is). the gaps are there whether or not you use disruptive shot-- which is a DPS loss compared to seismic shot if there are adds-- when it's on CD and hindering shot has the 0 charge bug going on. the only things that can fill those gaps are at-wills.

As i said i rarely encounter this and my rotation is pretty fast. Disruptive shot isnt a dps lost on single targets like dragons as i have found it does more damage then seismic. The few times it does create an issue is a non factor as i can use it to position myself better on the battle field. To each his own i guess.
  • thekeypitthekeypit Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sry if it already has been posted, but which weapons are best for pve?(+how to get them fast). Thanks.

I've done 40m damage in cn and I'd like to get even higher numbers :P Already trying to get a better vorpal enchantment.
  • latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2015
    arlequin13 wrote: »
    As i said i rarely encounter this and my rotation is pretty fast. Disruptive shot isnt a dps lost on single targets like dragons as i have found it does more damage then seismic. The few times it does create an issue is a non factor as i can use it to position myself better on the battle field. To each his own i guess.

Just going by his Twitch rebroadcast, his positioning in 1v1's is very bad & he's honestly not that fast with his rotations. This is just going on his rebroadcast. I followed him so I can catch him the next time he streams so I can identify what the issue is for sure. I am with you as I do not run into this issue at all & I'm always at the top of the board almost every game at this point. SS's on my GT as proof of this lol.
    edited May 2015
    Just going by his Twitch rebroadcast, his positioning in 1v1's is very bad & he's honestly not that fast with his rotations. This is just going on his rebroadcast. I followed him so I can catch him the next time he streams so I can identify what the issue is for sure. I am with you as I do not run into this issue at all & I'm always at the top of the board almost every game at this point. SS's on my GT as proof of this lol.

that's not very nice. my issue is in PvE not PvP.

thanks for the follow though

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited May 2015
    thekeypit wrote: »
    Sry if it already has been posted, but which weapons are best for pve?(+how to get them fast). Thanks.

I've done 40m damage in cn and I'd like to get even higher numbers :P Already trying to get a better vorpal enchantment.

It goes
    Artefact weapon
    Dragon weapon/castle never weapon
    T2 dungeon weapon
    T2 vendor weapon

The real source of damage is your stats/feats/powers being properly distributed
    edited May 2015
    that's not very nice. my issue is in PvE not PvP.

thanks for the follow though

I have being paying a little more attention today since you posted and yes it does happen more often then i thought. However that extra second of cooldown is usualy spent getting better battlefield positioning so it rarely matters.
  • coraldislegendcoraldislegend Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    first off I want to apologize for asking you to rephrase a question you already stated earlier I played this game on pc and now am restarting on the xbox but never played this class until now I must say your guide is honestly the best ive seen and no one other than you answers peoples questions honestly and willing to help and even learn from if need be, the question I have for you is that you state early on that to make a high level pvp character you dump all your stats into in dex and con, now I haven't spent any yet only on dex due to the fact that you said "until" module 6, that module just came out on pc and they said they are bringing some of it into xbox does that change your build at all for pvp do you not lose out on the crit damage by not putting it into your wisdom ability? I enjoyed pvp alot on the pc so that's what i want to focus on now, what exactly were you referring to when you said it was changing I tried to find it but couldn't and now hit 20 and still don't want to put the stats in lol, also I seen that you abandoned aimed shot/ strike for hunters teamwork/careful attack on your pvp build did you start using that in your pve build? thank you again for doing this and look forward to hearing back from you.
    edited May 2015
    first off I want to apologize for asking you to rephrase a question you already stated earlier I played this game on pc and now am restarting on the xbox but never played this class until now I must say your guide is honestly the best ive seen and no one other than you answers peoples questions honestly and willing to help and even learn from if need be, the question I have for you is that you state early on that to make a high level pvp character you dump all your stats into in dex and con, now I haven't spent any yet only on dex due to the fact that you said "until" module 6, that module just came out on pc and they said they are bringing some of it into xbox does that change your build at all for pvp do you not lose out on the crit damage by not putting it into your wisdom ability? I enjoyed pvp alot on the pc so that's what i want to focus on now, what exactly were you referring to when you said it was changing I tried to find it but couldn't and now hit 20 and still don't want to put the stats in lol, also I seen that you abandoned aimed shot/ strike for hunters teamwork/careful attack on your pvp build did you start using that in your pve build? thank you again for doing this and look forward to hearing back from you.

I will let him field the questions concerning his build but i can twll you this about at wills. Which ever you think is best will work simply because when built properly you will never need to use the at wills. Your encounters should always be ready to be used.
    edited May 2015

What i had said about skill points was CON wasnt as good in mod 6, but until then, for pvp CON/DEX should be your points. The amount of hp u get was reduced last i checked, if it has changed on pc i am unaware of this.

For Aimed shot and hunters teamwork i almost only use the melee version because it is so good (for pve) the ranged version for HT is good for pvp cause it reduces damage the target deals if i recall. I do use it on my pve build, i use almost the exact same abilities except for dailies.

Thank you for the support, i am glad i was able to help people, i know i have gotten countless messages thanking me or asking me questions which i enjoy seeing and am always open to new ways to improve the quality of this guide and of HR players as a whole. I most likely wont be as active on these forums or in game anymore as i have been in the past. I've hit a point where my pvp is about as good as its getting and has turned into more of a grind with glory and trying to get gear that is only slightly better or just grinding dailies for my dragon sigils. Will prolly turn back to writing and trying to prepare for the police academy when that comes back around until something more interesting pops up in game or TC's The Division comes out :D. But as i said if you have any more questions i will be on this randomly to check and see how the thread is going and to give updates with questions, and if you need soemthing quickly u can msg me on xbl, i have the smartglass app so i can get messages and answer them from anywhere.

Again thanks for the support, tata!
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • toxlcltytoxlclty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got the archers set, honestly i dont notice the 4 set at all and may buy 2 other pieces of profound to get that free 900 armpen, but aside from that, i feel we lose the elast amount of stats with that set.

Why not the combatant's set? U said hp is important in pvp and with that set and some hp enchantments i'm running with 31k hp (and doing 20+ kills per game) in pvp. I'm full grim set and starting saving honor for the profound set so don't wanna buy the wrong profound set.

I'm from spain so don't be mad for my english ^^
    edited May 2015
    toxlclty wrote: »
    Why not the combatant's set? U said hp is important in pvp and with that set and some hp enchantments i'm running with 31k hp (and doing 20+ kills per game) in pvp. I'm full grim set and starting saving honor for the profound set so don't wanna buy the wrong profound set.

I'm from spain so don't be mad for my english ^^

Speaking from my own pathfinder trapper point of view...

hp isn't as important as dealing damage when it comes to hunter. I usually lose fights because I can't burst the rogue / healer fast enough, not because I couldn't take an extra hit from them. I think hunters that don't try to maximize their damage are actually gimping themselves since Fox's Cunning / Dodging / Forest Ghost / Fox Shift are the real ways we avoid damage (aka not getting hit). Even as a hunter you can take some hits (especially with MLG Fox's Cunning / Fox Shift) without needing any stats in hp or defense or deflect. Aspect of the Lone Wolf gives us enough protection by itself as a passive feature. The minor bonus deflect / defense you can gain from gear is insignificant IMO compared to killing a perma-stealth / perma-daze rogue or immortal cleric faster.

Clerics & Rogues are two of the most played classes in PvP right now so it makes sense to me to gear and build myself in response to the meta.

I personally use the archer's grim set and tier 1 jewelry (sorcerous of dominance) over anything else because its the most crit / armor pen / power (the 3 jewelry pieces are the ones with power).

the mentality should be "damage > everything."

remember, the meta involves most pvp guilds all using soulforged (the lesser soulforged enchantment is pretty cheap nowadays on the AH).

the difference between finishing off a rogue who just proc'd their soulforged and being just short of lethal, watching him stealth and get away with 1% hp left, is actually game-changing. same thing for healers-- if they barely survive your damage after proccing their soulforged and get off that big burst heal or astral shield it can be the difference between winning and losing a game. you surviving at 1% hp to use forest ghost to run away is not going to help the team nearly as much as being able to deal that 1% extra damage to kill a huge threat like a back-capping rogue or a contesting healer.

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited May 2015
    so now that mod 6 is out would you believe that putting up your wisdom would help you more in pvp rather than the con? to maximize your damage output considering that your generally trying to avoid the damage being dealt to you? sorry to ask the same question twice would rather have you elaborate then have to pay to try the other later. also looking forward to the division tho should be a solid game, all the hype behind it lets hope it can live up to it!
    edited May 2015
    also just a question about careful attack does it also do dot dmg? or only that aimed strike does? I realize the buffs for the party you get with careful just wondering if the melee does dot like the aimed strike since you changed it out for pvp
  • katozeekatozee Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2015
    Hi again joker, I was dragged into PvP again recently to help a guild mate (shudders) so I thought I would do some more testing about something that had been on my mind for a while. When up against TR and you think one is nearby using the stormwarden clear the ground. Rather fast aoe melee I would just hold down the trigger doing a constant attack in an area around me. The majority of the time I managed to strike the stealth TR before he could trigger his attacks by which time I had then hit fox shift (thus missing his next attack) and well it only seemed to end one way for a TR thinking I was an easy target.

Well just thought it may be of interest for those on their pvp career, since there are not many classes out there that can have a constant aoe going. I also noted that a few PvP guilds were struggling with me, I faced off against three guilds all using tenacity gear and chugging potions vs our guild group who was just helping one chap complete the daily pvp quest.

We lost 2/3 matches yet we don't use tenacity gear or potions, it just came across to me that trappers are still so rarely seen in pvp that they really didn't know what to do against the class.
    edited May 2015
    robert:

I can't justify having such low hp though. If you mess up a TR can melt you down pretty quick if you have, say, 22-25k hp.

I just respecced into CON heavy and in my Grim PVP gear, I have over 31k HP. I feel so much safer. I also race rerolled to Half-Orc. I'm sitting at 27/27 Dex iirc.

I saw another really geared (14k +)HR with 22k hp, and he died... a bunch more than me. I do agree with some of your points, and I'm not convinced if HP is the way to go honestly, but I just can't justify having that little HP. Is the damage increase really goin to kill another TR or Cleric? I'm starting to think those 'situations' are just bad ones that and HR shouldn't be in, if he can escape.

The HR is truly a jack of all trades, but some of the perma stealth TRs and super tanky clerics are better dealt with with you and more teammates, sometimes it's just not going to happen, a poor lesson I learned from Rekt and their crazy perma stealth TR who can back cap for days...
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    robert:

I can't justify having such low hp though. If you mess up a TR can melt you down pretty quick if you have, say, 22-25k hp.

I've played against very good TR's (alysin chains / fappy gilmore / skill) and HP was never the reason I lost in a fight to them, it was either I was just short the damage to finish them off or I got owned in general by a good daze combo or use of stealth. I don't get one-shot by anything either, so I don't see having more HP as ever helping me win against good players (AKA the only ones who ever kill me).

IMO hp is a crutch for most HR's-- an imaginary crutch-- that actually gimps their ability in PvP more than it helps them overall. I'm sure less-skilled HR's will die more because they have 22k hp, but in most situations I'll be at like 5-10% of my hp and manage to take out 1-2 average players without too much trouble. The only defensive stat we really need is deflect and we get enough of that primarily from aspect of the lone wolf. Beyond that it's just a matter using our rotation and dodges correctly and knowing what enemies to actually time disruptive shot against in order to nullify their damage and quickly kill them. Using fox's cunning wisely against predictable players is another important concept (besides simply using it when it's off CD) and makes the difference when you're able to precisely avoid taking a large chunk of damage.

Right now against a perma-stealth back-capping TR I've accepted that I will simply have to switch places with a CW or DC that can AoE knock them off the point / prone them, as that is the only way to currently beat the infinite contesting and go through the insane deflect they can stack in the top pvp builds. We can still wreck a super-tanky DC by knowing exactly when to time disruptive shot and using careful attack + lantern artifact to weaken them for a well-timed burst. Most likely such a DC is contesting 2 so you'll have teammates to help finish them off, but even 1v1 there is potential to kill them if they aren't perfect at reacting to your daze + burst.

Obviously any class can be dealt with by having them get 2v1'd, that's not a solid strategy for winning against a good team though because then you're going to be weak on another point and will slowly lose the game by needing to constantly pull more resources for someone than they have to. Finding ways to deal someone in a 1v1 manner, even if it means needing to trade places with another class or have more personal damage is what the goal should be to win a game IMO.

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
    edited May 2015
    I've played against very good TR's (alysin chains / fappy gilmore / skill) and HP was never the reason I lost in a fight to them, it was either I was just short the damage to finish them off or I got owned in general by a good daze combo or use of stealth. I don't get one-shot by anything either, so I don't see having more HP as ever helping me win against good players (AKA the only ones who ever kill me).

IMO hp is a crutch for most HR's-- an imaginary crutch-- that actually gimps their ability in PvP more than it helps them overall. I'm sure less-skilled HR's will die more because they have 22k hp, but in most situations I'll be at like 5-10% of my hp and manage to take out 1-2 average players without too much trouble. The only defensive stat we really need is deflect and we get enough of that primarily from aspect of the lone wolf. Beyond that it's just a matter using our rotation and dodges correctly and knowing what enemies to actually time disruptive shot against in order to nullify their damage and quickly kill them. Using fox's cunning wisely against predictable players is another important concept (besides simply using it when it's off CD) and makes the difference when you're able to precisely avoid taking a large chunk of damage.

Right now against a perma-stealth back-capping TR I've accepted that I will simply have to switch places with a CW or DC that can AoE knock them off the point / prone them, as that is the only way to currently beat the infinite contesting and go through the insane deflect they can stack in the top pvp builds. We can still wreck a super-tanky DC by knowing exactly when to time disruptive shot and using careful attack + lantern artifact to weaken them for a well-timed burst. Most likely such a DC is contesting 2 so you'll have teammates to help finish them off, but even 1v1 there is potential to kill them if they aren't perfect at reacting to your daze + burst.

Obviously any class can be dealt with by having them get 2v1'd, that's not a solid strategy for winning against a good team though because then you're going to be weak on another point and will slowly lose the game by needing to constantly pull more resources for someone than they have to. Finding ways to deal someone in a 1v1 manner, even if it means needing to trade places with another class or have more personal damage is what the goal should be to win a game IMO.

It depends on how much damage one can get from getting more dmg vs hp imo. I try and find a balance between everythign so i do have decent hp, like 27k and decent damage, the bad part of having 22k is that if you get caught you are melted instantly, theres nothign to react to when u get stunned and come out with 5k hp (if your lucky) but having that extra 5k can help you take one more big hit and change the tide of that fight vs doing 3-5% extra of that persons hp. Just thoughts for that, plus if HR gets the drop on any class they can usually win easily damage or hp enchanted you shouldnt lose if you get the drop xD.
    katozee wrote: »
    Hi again joker, I was dragged into PvP again recently to help a guild mate (shudders) so I thought I would do some more testing about something that had been on my mind for a while. When up against TR and you think one is nearby using the stormwarden clear the ground. Rather fast aoe melee I would just hold down the trigger doing a constant attack in an area around me. The majority of the time I managed to strike the stealth TR before he could trigger his attacks by which time I had then hit fox shift (thus missing his next attack) and well it only seemed to end one way for a TR thinking I was an easy target.

Well just thought it may be of interest for those on their pvp career, since there are not many classes out there that can have a constant aoe going. I also noted that a few PvP guilds were struggling with me, I faced off against three guilds all using tenacity gear and chugging potions vs our guild group who was just helping one chap complete the daily pvp quest.

We lost 2/3 matches yet we don't use tenacity gear or potions, it just came across to me that trappers are still so rarely seen in pvp that they really didn't know what to do against the class.

While CTG might be ok in that reguard, it is a bad ability when compaired to our other at wills and only works in that one situation. Would rather have careful attack and rapid imo. :/

I'm back from vacation and will be dabbling a bit in NW still, currently looking to go back to Titanfall or find a FPS game for a while till this game gets its flare back for me. Continue to ask questions on here if you need help, will be looking on here every few days to answer questions and Robert seems to be able to answer some as well. If i, or robert, have not answered someones question (many people messaged me over xbox live during last week asking questions) feel free to msg over xbl or post again on here and i will do my best to answer them.

As always good luck and good hunting fellow rangers!
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • madmoxxifavgunmadmoxxifavgun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    why is there still so much hate for hr? it has proven to be one of the best dps classes. dont get it.
  • arrobornarroborn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Haxs! Lol, look at the trapper feats, third one on the bottom, aspect of the fox if I recall, reduces our cds by 53/6/9/12/15% for every ability we use. This is what makes,us have no cds.

Hey, love your build but i cant figure out how ur doing the whole no cds...i can only do like 1 or 2 rotations and then my melees have to wait 7 seconds. im wondering whats your recovery at? and i noticed if you spam the encounters...sometimes it dont do the 15% reduction for cd. maybe its just lag cuz i also noticed you can use the encounters when it says 2 seconds left. But yeah..just wondering whats your recovery at...would be a big help to figure out how your doing ur rotation so fast. i seen you use archer grim or profound...so u get no recovery...idk how you do it.
  • arrobornarroborn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, i find use BOAR RUSH is just amazing vs trs. yeah ur losing out on one ranged ability to root..but those trs are the worst for any team and BR just dominates rogues..leaving them prone so they cant use dodge or tank ability..basically making it a easy run to kill a tr.
    edited May 2015
    lmao I started using boar rush here and there in pvp, it's so much fun, that and ambush+spike trap. There are some pretty sweet novelty moves you can swap in if you are up a few hundred points in dom.

I've been testing Binding Arrow lately in pvp, and have been pretty happy with it. Oak skin is a nice buff and *tiny* HoT as well. Sure you're missing out on steel breeze, but it doesn't do that much damage to begin with. Does kinda mess with the flow of the rotation, but the defense buff from Oak Skin sure is nice.

Aimed shot out of forest ghost+ambush is very appealing also. Such a happy feeling popping ghost on the stairs up to an enemy point, tapping ambush, then aimed, and seeing 24k pop up on the screen and the majority of characters cease to exist.
    edited May 2015
    trappy1026 wrote: »
    lmao I started using boar rush here and there in pvp, it's so much fun, that and ambush+spike trap. There are some pretty sweet novelty moves you can swap in if you are up a few hundred points in dom.

I've been testing Binding Arrow lately in pvp, and have been pretty happy with it. Oak skin is a nice buff and *tiny* HoT as well. Sure you're missing out on steel breeze, but it doesn't do that much damage to begin with. Does kinda mess with the flow of the rotation, but the defense buff from Oak Skin sure is nice.

The only issue i have with Boars rush is that it gives you two ranged abilities that are buffs not damage and it is only situational meaning if i were to find most other classes i would prefer to have constricting or hindering. For binding, i looked at it and played around and asked my brother to do the same on his HR. it is an ok replacement and if you had multiple HR's using it i know it could do well but the AOE factor of constricting is difficult to give up and it feels a bit less flowish to me. If you replace Hindering, thats just a bad idea putting both of your strong roots on ranged abilites imo. But as i said it can be a viable replacement but it throws off the "Flow" for me.
    arroborn wrote: »
    Hey, love your build but i cant figure out how ur doing the whole no cds...i can only do like 1 or 2 rotations and then my melees have to wait 7 seconds. im wondering whats your recovery at? and i noticed if you spam the encounters...sometimes it dont do the 15% reduction for cd. maybe its just lag cuz i also noticed you can use the encounters when it says 2 seconds left. But yeah..just wondering whats your recovery at...would be a big help to figure out how your doing ur rotation so fast. i seen you use archer grim or profound...so u get no recovery...idk how you do it.

I have very low recovery (havnet been on in a few days so not sure the number) but the cooldowns get reduced for the more people you hit so when facing 2-5 mobs you shouldnt have cds if your doing hte rotation right. I am also using the abilites when they have 2sec or so left because the ability icons havent updated if i would wait for a second they would jump from 3 or 4 to 0.

Theres my replies for the week, be back in another week or so to do more if it is needed, as always msg me if anyone needs any help and happy hunting!
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • pazarkpazark Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thank you and everyone on this thread! I recently respec'd to Trapper after soloing to 60 as an Archer. I had a real workout with mobs and aggro before, but now I breeze through dragonclaws and such with a GS of less than 8K. Still working on speeding up my gameplay to handle larger and larger mobs. I'm not afraid anymore... LOL!
    PS. Looking to do some epic stuff with a group that has patience for a fresh 60...
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I have followed this guide for my HR and currently have my gear score just over 11200. I love it, I repeatedly out DPS players with higher GS than me (even when I was below 10k) on the epic dungeons... usually with less downs.

However last night I decided to try my first run on Castle Never and I got my teeth kicked in. I still feel like I was dealing the most damage which turned out to be the worst scenario because the mobs were all over me and in seconds I'd be down. Soulforged enhancement was worthless because the moment I'm revived I'm down again. It didn't take long for me to be reduced to archery only just to survive but in truth it wasn't much better as I was still drawing a lot of aggro. Eventually someone gave up and we got a nice CW to keep the mobs in check and I was able to do what we do best, slay monsters. But it wasn't good enough for the second boss. It seemed like 1 hit from the adds and I was down or about 75% health gone. They move too fast to dodge too, which I've actually become really good at.

Does anyone have any tips for this HR build for Castle Never? Should I aim for a certain number for defense? Look for specific party build?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • kishengajjarkishengajjar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I built my Hunter on my own without a guide, but amazingly he is identical to yours. Great minds think alike ;)

What is your gear load out? For PvE I'm using the Drac Temp, Artifact main and off hand (Lesser Vorpal) and I'm grinding my way to rank 7 enhancements (focusing on ArPen and Recovery first)

For PvE, I simply change gear to Profound focusing on Movement and Recovery first

Still building up my stats and working on my Jewel Crafting to get to 20...

Any advice on stats? We have similar play styles it seems.

Drustram (@KishenLionheart)