test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Look at your epics salvage value FIRST.

silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
I can't count how many times I've checked the auction house only to see that epics are being posted with a buy out 1k (or more) lower then what you can actually get just by salvaging the item.

It makes me giggle a little bit to be honest, but please people.. use your brains.

Edit: Seems a lot of people are trying to make the argument that they get AD faster by taking a hit in value.. Although I understand, I think the logic is comical. I guess it doesn't quite affect me the same way as it does most of you because I choose to spread my RAD amongst several characters, and I'm also not so hard up for AD that I can't wait a few days to get FULL VALUE.
Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
Post edited by silktrocity on

Comments

• majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Salvage two 10k one 6 k and you still have 2k you won't see until tomorrow due to the refine limit. Post it for 1k less than salvage and receive refined diamonds, there for allowing you to help reduce the unrefined back log instead of adding more you won't see until u refine them.
    I hope you understand why now. Ps I'll sell you all of my epics for 2k under each if u pay me in refined diamonds, just saying, I have 240k backlogged unrefined diamonds.
  • therealshakur70therealshakur70 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can't count how many times I've checked the auction house only to see that epics are being posted with a buy out 1k (or more) lower then what you can actually get just by salvaging the item.

It makes me giggle a little bit to be honest, but please people.. use your brains.

looks like you need to use your brain more than we do. you keep salvaging for RAD while us smarter people are getting AD.
  • obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    looks like you need to use your brain more than we do. you keep salvaging for RAD while us smarter people are getting AD.

If he wants to salvage, let him. I tend to salvage if I'm too lazy to search stuff in the auction, but I usually try to post as many epics as I can in there since newer players/ lower levels can buy it. Helps them better prepare for the dungeons ahead~

P.S. Your post clearly shows your eccentric ego. Take it away please. You're not smarter just because you post stuff on an auction in an imaginary world, but have fun thinking that! :D
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • akapoloakapolo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would tell you about how it's easier to sell it there and not have to deal with RAD, but ^^these guys beat me to it. I'll sell you all my stuff so you can salvage it tho.
  • koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    akapolo wrote: »
    I would tell you about how it's easier to sell it there and not have to deal with RAD, but ^^these guys beat me to it. I'll sell you all my stuff so you can salvage it tho.

Gladly take you up on that offer. I don't have my characters up high enough to farm so I'm continuously searching for things listed at 2k less than salvage. Lately AH has been a bit stingy though and my usual buys are even above the salvage rate
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The only real time buying the for a few thousand cheaper than salvage is when you don't ever come close to hitting your 24k c
    Daily cap. if you don't play the game much at all this can be helpful to you. But once you cap your ad, your only hurting yourself by salvaging.
  • legolasgr33nleaflegolasgr33nleaf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just mail any gear to you alts and have them salvage. Your limit on refining would depend on how many chars you have
    edited June 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just mail any gear to you alts and have them salvage. Your limit on refining would depend on how many chars you have

Correct, alts can salvage.
    edited June 2015
    Then ur main posts a single item for the price of ur Astral amount, u buy it on alt, only pay 10 percent to the house to flip it or convert to zen, change to main repost zen for equal or greater purchase price and bada frickn bing guy your in the dollas
    edited June 2015
    Then ur main posts a single item for the price of ur Astral amount, u buy it on alt, only pay 10 percent to the house to flip it or convert to zen, change to main repost zen for equal or greater purchase price and bada frickn bing guy your in the dollas

Wait... What!? I think your doing it all wrong...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Buying to salvage to earn the different means you convert your AD to raw AD.

For example, you pay 3K AD to an item and then salvage to get 4K raw AD.
    You convert your 3K AD to 3K raw AD. You can't use that 3K until after you refine it.
    If you do that frequently to earn money, very soon, you will find that is very "inconvenient".
    Then, you will try to find ways to deal with it such as shipping the item to alt to salvage to take advantage its daily limit.
    The more you do, the more you will hate what you are doing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User
    edited June 2015

You can just mail the item from main to alt. Then, use the Zen xchg to transfer AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2015
    cummins12v wrote: »
    Wait... What!? I think your doing it all wrong...
    how's that? I buy zen, resell zen at equal or higher for free or pay the house ten percent. What's not to understand, when u use the house u return Astral to the game bank reducing the zen cost over time. Less diamonds in the economy equals less diamonds for zen. Do your part and give a little. We all convert, and if you dont, your wasting your time farming. You can farm all expansion packs.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Edit: Seems a lot of people are trying to make the argument that they get AD faster by taking a hit in value.. Although I understand, I think the logic is comical. I guess it doesn't quite affect me the same way as it does most of you because I choose to spread my RAD amongst several characters, and I'm also not so hard up for AD that I can't wait a few days to get FULL VALUE.

Personally with 7 level 60's (one of each class) I often do not play them all in a given day. So at the end of the day before I log off for the night I log on to each to Invoke, do professions and top off their RAD through buying and salvaging from the AH. It only take 3 items (the same 3 items every day on each character) to reach the 24k RAD limit. The next day I refine those RAD and get 24k more ready for the next day. 6 alts that are up to 120k AD each only through Invoking and Salvaging. Not bad if you ask me.
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    how's that? I buy zen, resell zen at equal or higher for free or pay the house ten percent. What's not to understand, when u use the house u return Astral to the game bank reducing the zen cost over time. Less diamonds in the economy equals less diamonds for zen. Do your part and give a little. We all convert, and if you dont, your wasting your time farming. You can farm all expansion packs.

You lose out by doing that........ The best way to transfer AD is to set up a posting on buy zen at 50 diamonds per zen (no one in their right mind sells this low) meaning the chance of your AD turning into zen (and costing you some AD) is none. then you just cancel the listing on the character you want the AD on and reclaim them
    edited June 2015

mrdurva beat me to it. What he said.
  • pathaynpathayn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    huh...wha?
  • legolasgr33nleaflegolasgr33nleaf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Everything you just said is ridiculous..it's simple supply and demand. Doing what you said is just a waste of your own time and ad. The only way you are going to influence the market, is if you and a few friends have 100s of 1000s of zen to manipulate the market. That's not just this game, but every mmo with a market system. But to refer to the salvage part of this discussion, just MAIL it. Any other way and you are wasteing ad. Make yourself 10 chars and you won't have to worry about salvage problems. This isn't up for debate. It's straight economics
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This thread makes me sad - finding items selling at less than salvage value is a great money-maker for me.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • danyenginedanyengine Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Hi. Sorry for my english... I try to do the best :)
    Probably you have not played so much to understand something in the game.
    When there is the "double rough diamond" you will charge a lot of "rough diamond" ... so you will have about 1 Milion of rough Diamond for example. It means, that if you contonue to burn object to get "rough diamond", you will only get it after 1 000 000 (rough diamond) / 24000 (maximum of the daily rafinement to get the normal diamonds) = about 42 days.

So ... do you think it is better to take 6000 diamond for example in 42 days, or to get 5000 (for example) selling it in the auction house today? ... if you will continue to play, you will understand that it is very better to get 5000 today ;)
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Everything you just said is ridiculous..it's simple supply and demand. Doing what you said is just a waste of your own time and ad. The only way you are going to influence the market, is if you and a few friends have 100s of 1000s of zen to manipulate the market. That's not just this game, but every mmo with a market system. But to refer to the salvage part of this discussion, just MAIL it. Any other way and you are wasteing ad. Make yourself 10 chars and you won't have to worry about salvage problems. This isn't up for debate. It's straight economics

How are you "wasting AD" by choosing to salvage vs selling at lower then salvage value? Did you mean to say it's more convenient if you need to acquire the AD faster? because that would make sense. However A lot of us players with multiple characters have a hard time keeping up with the max rough AD value on those characters to make this a perfectly viable option. I will effectively be gaining MORE AD then you, because I don't mind waiting a day or 2 extra. I'm not hard up for AD..
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
    edited June 2015
    How are you "wasting AD" by choosing to salvage vs selling at lower then salvage value? Did you mean to say it's more convenient if you need to acquire the AD faster? because that would make sense. However A lot of us players with multiple characters have a hard time keeping up with the max rough AD value on those characters to make this a perfectly viable option. I will effectively be gaining MORE AD then you, because I don't mind waiting a day or 2 extra. I'm not hard up for AD..

What the original guy said was that he then transfers his AD between characters via the AH. Not to mention the guys post he was replying to was a slaughter fest of words that made little to no sense. It's hard to assume what the original guy was even saying lol. You can only gather certain things from it lol.

Ps I found this strategy useful early on before the Last AH fix when you could find 10k salvage items for 4k in the AH. 1k is just not worth my time anymore.
  • theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah... I checked the AH to see how much it was worth, then tried salvaging it. I was worth 4,000 more to salvage. So I equipped it because it was slightly better than what I had.
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't understand the condescension going on in this thread towards both practices. We all do what we need to do to maximize our AD. Casual players really don't need Hardcores coming in a telling them that salvaging is wrong and a waste. It makes them AD. They are the kinds of players who didn't maximize returns during Double AD's and bankroll millions of RAD. Hardcore players have a constant backlog of RAD from cashing in at the right times plus all their dailies - it just makes more sense for them to see a return now then in 30+ days.

Honestly, I don't see why we aren't having a more positive discussion here because both ways are legit. Those below salvage price posts would not get bought without people needing to fill their RAD refinement quota for the day. So why are the Sellers telling them that is wrong? If they stop, you see the market on epics stall. Why would you do that? And vice versa, why would the Refiners tell the Sellers that what they are doing is silly? It makes not only more sense for them, but puts more RAD in the Refiners pockets. If they stop selling epics on the cheap, what the hell are you refining lol?

Both ways are legit depending on your available time to play the game. Everyone keeps saying things like "no you're wrong, it's economics 101" bur it takes multiple sides to drive a player run economy people. Really, both sides should be encouraging the other to post/refine more and more.

But as others said, just don't sit on those AD - don't want to crush the Zen exchange lol :)