What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter: Underdark Coming in 2015

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    will we know the date of release before hand? if so would it drastically increase Zen/AD X? If so wouldnt it be a financially prudent move to buy up zen right before the release?.

Once it gets closer to release they will finalize a date. But you dont need to worry, its still a long way out. Expect Mod7 Strongholds to be sometime in August. We most likely wont see Underdark until around November.
  • Options
    devilaltiredevilaltire Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Atleast Increase Active Compenion Slot..May be it will Purches but Do it Atleast 2 slot Is good for it..
  • Options
    firstredshirtguyfirstredshirtguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What I remember of Underdark for Neverwinter Nights is the bags of holding. Even though Underdark was an official expansion on a few item could make the journey back to the main game, some of them were crazy and cool like three sizes of Bag of Holding. One bag could hold many other bags making collecting easy, but inventory management became difficult.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    About mod 7.

Most of the time when they launch on a current mod the second wave of enchanted coffer it means we are at the middle from the next update.
    Launch date of mod 6
    > 7 april
    The second wave of enchanted coffer will be probably around 28 may with the next patch.
    > total = 1 month and around twenty days.
    Take that and double the time and you have except delay the release date.

So i will say MID JULY and in worst case at the begining of August.

Usually they try to keep three weeks to five weeks to test the new update on the preview shards, this is also a clue for the launch date.
    So if you see something new about mod 7 on the preview you can start to count ! ^^
  • Options
    soulbearer1soulbearer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It appears this will be the only reason to play Neverwinter Dungeons and Dragons for fun.

I love visiting Wizards of the Coast and finding new modules coming out. The game is all about the adventure anyway, right?

I do believe Neverwinter will never be a game for dungeon runs and gear farming again because of the increased difficulty. If you want to enjoy Neverwinter Online then it'll be about new content in lines with what comes out with Wizard's of the Coast.
    Forgotten Realms Forever!
    Thank you, Ed. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I have An Better Idea...For Companion....

1. If u have 2/3 Lvl 70 char,,then U can Use 1 of Them as ur Companion ..But not too much Powerful but it can Work Like A Epic Companion..It can Work Only 1 char..like u have 6 char ...So u can get 2 of ur lvl 70 char as a companion for only 2 char...How is this Idea..

2..Another If U have 3 or 4 lvl 60 Char,,,then Next Char will get 1-5% exp.from any of ur char as a xp bonus..So u can Lvl Up soon...

3.Now We can Use 5 companion AS slot...but if we get Atlest 2 slot can Buy from Zen Market then We will be Very happy and Can Use At lest 7 fev.Companion as slot..

I know Its Difficult to do But Very Interesting Idea I Think...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    But Now This game is really good,,,Without spend Money U will not play any contain,,,But Remember Its Free to play game...
    1. Every time u Get rank 5 enc,,,Which if u use as an ench. in weapon or armor no one take u in dungeon...Dmg will be low...
    2.Only 3 dungeon avl right now..T2...Extremely hard,,Kill u in 1 shot...(Dont judge me with ur RANK 12,perfect enc, LEGENDARY AND Mi-thick char.)

We can Do solo with Re gen and Life-steel......but not working in combat....

So the conclusion is those who not spend their Money for the game for them ,,,Game is now complited,U WIll lvl 70 and got artifect off hand...grt....now stop playing...

1..Sarandar ---u can do with Party as a team

2.Dead ring--DF,DS,PF Can do solo but Recommended to do with party

3.Well of Dragon:- Forget it ..Dont evn think about it...In mod 5 we do heroic enc(Small) solo..1-or 2 player can do it easily...now,I Dont even try to do...Kill tiamat is a history..with lag and everything...May be someone kill her now also...may be...

4.IWD...Small heroic can do with team...dont try solo...U will be killed...

So whats left to do...Every time if I need party then why we play this game...Other game also avl..try and play...

DUE TO GRAPHICS AND GAME PLAY IS GOOD ..so we play this game....so we hope Good day will come soon.....
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Will this mod still be released in 2015?

I have been wondering, they plan to release 2 Mod's and I hope the summer and winter festival in 6 months.

I assume winter festival will take up December, and the summer another 3-4 weeks meaning there is only 4 months two mods can be released in.

I would rather prever they bump Underdark to 2016 than rush and make mistakes.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I doubt they have much choice when they release Underdark, as WoTC has the final say in that, as to around the same time they release the game module for it.
  • Options
    jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    proxaa wrote: »
    You haven't been able to fix even 1/3 of all bugs and exploits in MOD6, yet you already announce MOD8 and before that - MOD7.

Guys. I know it's marketing. I know you have to get as much money from this product as possible before the playerbase falls to the size, with which further keeping servers online will only generate loses.

But what about quality ?

would agree. Fix Mod 6 issues before moving to strongholds. hated fight with minsc, you could make lots of money letting people pay zen to opt out of fighting with drizzt

• Options
    jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    will we know the date of release before hand? if so would it drastically increase Zen/AD X? If so wouldnt it be a financially prudent move to buy up zen right before the release?.

Once it gets closer to release they will finalize a date. But you dont need to worry, its still a long way out. Expect Mod7 Strongholds to be sometime in August. We most likely wont see Underdark until around November.

i expect Mod 8 in August. They have been working with the pen and paper seasons of D and D adventure league. That new season starts after GenCon and features Drizzt.
  • Options
    vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    After class balance what I want to see more than anything for Underdark, Is explorable dungeons NOT linear progressing dungeons.

Go grab the Under Mountain boxed set and have a look at that dungeon map. Give me that map with random and triggered encounters and I will be pretty happy.

Almost all dungeons should follow that system, linear is ok for some dungeons but not for most.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    THis is assuming the servers will be back up by then.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I am really excited about the Underdark release! ...but there was a reasonable suggestion up there:
    Have your mods play through, god mode off, average player IL, all the way to max level,
    Yes! Please take an average item level character and play through the content before the release! I would imagine that you guys do this... do you? If not I would only charge $20 a day to play through it and take detailed notes on what was/wasn't working right... ; ) And don't let all the hate for mod 6 get you down, we are all playing the heck out of this game still, so if the new material happens to be as awesome as I hope it is there will have to be 3000 instances in Protectors Enclave! Keep up the good work! :)
    -Liela Selonas
    (Reverus)
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I was excited when Mod 3 came out, even MORE excited when 4 came out, darn near wet my pants when Mod 5 came out, could not sleep a wink until Mod 6 came out.. and if Mods 7 and 8 are to continue with the Mod 6 approach, I will be knocking things over to get to the "UNINSTALL" button.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Agreed. These aren't launching next week, or even next month.

I think what was laid out is what can be expect this year. Strongholds in August and Underdark in November would be my prediction. And the next 6 weeks are focused on ironing out Module 6.

This would be my prediction also. The patterns are so obvious people aren;t seeing them as the forest through the trees. And I concur about there being no reason to troll (or otherwise even complain) about things in this thread.

@VCryptic: great news - and thank you for announcing it so early. Everything is always such a mystery until the last minute (and I can understand why, generally=speaking). This is a refreshing change; shining a glimmer of light on the long path ahead.

And for all those complaining about things: aren't you among those proclaiming they do not communicate enough? Well, having cake and eating it, too isn;t a constitutional right. ;)
    The game has been less fun for me since IWD than before. I don't think there is anything wrong with giving feedback about that and it certainly isn't trolling. The latest damage/hitpoint balance changes suck. The gating of content has sucked. I want the Underdark and I want it to be fun like the game was earlier. It doesn't need to be that early game, but it does need to learn from some pretty bad mistakes made of the last couple of updates.

So yeah, bring on the Underdark, but do it thoughtfully.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    On what do you base that assertion?
  • Options
    zeroxiczeroxic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    maybe he did some adding up

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1195097/stronghold-pve-structures

page 2 - scroll down til u see the numbers
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Given how bad the mod 6 and 7 launches have been, how about holding off on this until 2017 and actually listening to the player base, fixing longstanding, well-reported bugs, giving us back the old dungeons we've all been asking for since the mod 6 launch, doing some actual class balancing in pvp and pve instead of just nerfing HRs......?
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    They can't. Mod 7 is the "supported by WotC" release. They have licensing issues to consider.

Their timetable is, essentially, out of their hands.
  • Options
    The number of required vigilance quests is being halved.
  • Options
    kate932015kate932015 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    can mod 8 just be fixing problems from all the previous mods, cause this waiting for mod 7 to be fixed is pathetic, and there is no update on when we can expect to play neverwinter again
  • Options
    Aside from, you know, the update that they just posted.

And, again: Mod 8 is something they are required to provide due to licensing. It's part of WotC's latest D&D campaign event (like Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental Evil); failing to get on board when the licenser is saying "Hey, we have this event" is not a legitimate option.
  • Options
    soulidensouliden Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Figured I'd pass along some news I read today...

The recent issue of Dragon+ that came out for Android, has a article in it about how the rage of demons storyline will be added among the different media, which it talks about neverwinter. Snippet from the article "The sprawling Neverwinter MMORPG will naturally play a big role in the bringing it to life, as an update takes adventurers to the drow city of Menzoberranzan during it's demonic assault, including a unique set of quests written by Drizzt creator R.A. Salvatore. We'll have plenty more on that expansion which is tentatively titled Neverwinter: Underdark next issue. " it brings up the rage storylines in sword coast legends as well, with a release date for it in sept, while underdark is only mention as coming late 2015.

I'm really shocked that were going to Menzo, didn't think we ever would, figured it be off drow city or simply a underdark area created for the game. I'm really excited by this news.
  • Options
    WotC is trying to fully leverage their most popular intellectual property lately. They're throwing the big names around, trying to reclaim the glory days. Of course Underdark related content is going to use Menzoberranzan.
  • Options
    lollernoob1000lollernoob1000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Hey, with underdark would you break out a few varied Drow armors and fashion? :P Its been a big thing on rpers list, and might bring some back, along with your difficulty changes.