What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign: The Final Prophecy

13»

Comments

• gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is going to be an Act V, right?

Sorry I haven't been around to respond. Yes, there is an Act V planned. It will be the final chapter in the series. However, it's going to be awhile. =/ There have been some life events that have kept my off the game. Don't worry though, I will be back to finish the series as soon as possible!!!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • mausami9002mausami9002 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I seem to be having a problem in act IV.
    I'm at the road to Neverwinter, at the chest that is "magically sealed", and a usable crate which is, however, "out of line of sight" no matter how close or from what direction I try to approach it. My current objective is to learn more about the cult.
  • metonymymetonymy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok, bust out the scented candles and therapeutic oils and ready your ego for one heck of a massage:

These quests are the first time, in playing Neverwinter (and the past couple of games I've played, really), that I've forgotten I was playing a game. I stopped thinking about game mechanics and what button to push and was instead thinking about what I (as my character Nashirah) was doing. It was that beautiful leap when suspension of disbelief truly kicks in and you're drawn into the story so thoroughly that you forget that you're at heart pressing buttons to control a bunch of ones and zeros.

In my review I said I've read novels with worse storytelling. This is absolutely true. This blows a good number of them out of the water. The characters are relateable, the world is lush and well-populated, there's the sense that even background characters are people instead of one-dimensional cardboard, so on and so forth. Going back to the non-foundry part of the game now feels distinctly lackluster, but I don't begrudge you one bit: it's better to have tasted a glimpse of heaven than to go perpetually without.

Also I owe you a punch in the arm for that character death. A light one, though. Probably followed by me buying you a beer.

I completely understand how the perils of IRL can strike, so take your time with the final installment - I know the waiting will be absolutely worth it! I would like to ask, though, if it would be OK for me to do some fanart or other fanworks for the space between acts 4 and 5. (Not quite decided whether I want to do a story or try to learn the comic-making software I just got.) I realize the answer is probably yes, but I like to double check with people just in case. :>
    edited July 2014
    Updated page 1 for Act V Release. Yes, you read it correctly :)
    NW-DHY46QSLR
    I would like to ask, though, if it would be OK for me to do some fanart or other fanworks for the space between acts 4 and 5. (Not quite decided whether I want to do a story or try to learn the comic-making software I just got.) I realize the answer is probably yes, but I like to double check with people just in case.
    That sounds wonderful! I'm flattered.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just noticed part five was out. Playing through now.

1.) Something weird happened during the part where you loot the chest for the silver key and it had me stuck in combat until I used GM help to kill myself. Not sure if that was on your end or just a weird glitch, but it might be good to look into.
    2.) I got "Slay Ninane complete" when killing Veloth.
    3.) Either you used a different base costume for Akera in this quest, or module 3 really messed her costume up.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited July 2014
    Hey Orangefiree,
    Thank you for the feedback!
    I have noticed that, on rare occasion, mobs see you through some of the walls. I think this is going to happen when building rooms from scratch.
    I have also noticed the Ninane / Veloth bug, and I have it fixed in a future version. :)
    As for Akera, she's a bit more grown up now. I've always been big on changing character outfits a little from one chapter to the next, but in Akera's case, I wanted to make her look very special.

Thanks again for the play through!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • frenzlunbergfrenzlunberg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a problem with the first quest, I can't use any of the skill checks on the object on the griund after leaving the cavern with Truia. Is there a workaraound for this?
  • arriarri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey! Gotta say that this is my favorite foundry quest series by far! I have run into a problem, though..Playing through on my warlock, I seem to be unable to use any of the skill checks present, including arcana checks which they should be able to make. Has the quest series been updated to accommodate warlocks or was it an executive decision to not give warlocks access to the same choices?
    Pinnys of all shapes and sizes.

Pinny Foxfang - 60 Guardian Fighter
    Pinny Foxfire - 60 Scourge Warlock (Temptation)
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, part 5 is out now? I am going to have to go on a marathon run this weekend and replay all of them from the first episode. I remember most of the story, but its been so long since I played them that I'd love a refresher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    arri wrote: »
    Hey! Gotta say that this is my favorite foundry quest series by far! I have run into a problem, though..Playing through on my warlock, I seem to be unable to use any of the skill checks present, including arcana checks which they should be able to make. Has the quest series been updated to accommodate warlocks or was it an executive decision to not give warlocks access to the same choices?
    Module 4 has broken skill checks in the foundry. They don't work for anyone at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squoosesquoose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stuck at the end of Act IV, I'm in the Crystal Chamber and need to "Read the Inscriptions," but there's nothing I can interact with except for the orb on the table and the quest marker is back on the previous part of the map.

Edit: Restarted the quest and the same thing happened, went to "enter the cavern" in the chasm and got teleported straight to the crystal chamber, I think skipping a whole bunch of content.
  • delayedsworddelayedsword Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ive been playing this quest for day or two now and im on act 4 the fallen angel when i just showed up from teh chasm into cabels tower room again and there is onus, the mage adn the imp, its saying i should read the inscriptions and onus says i should rest but ive been looking everywhere in the room for over an hour adn now its irratating so i thought id ask,,what teh heck am i supposed to do?'
  • everythingtrueeverythingtrue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think this is currently bugged, since I got to the same sticking point that squoose and delayedsword did. From context, I think we've been teleported to the final room, but with the quest for the next stage.
    edited September 2014
    Hey guys. Sorry for all the bugs lately.
    Now that the foundry has been sorted out on Cryptic's end, I've reinstated the skill checks as intented.
    The spawn point in Act IV has been fixed. All quests are running smooth again (along with some minor improvements.)

Thank you all for your patience!!!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • metonymymetonymy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That sounds wonderful! I'm flattered.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that you're okay with it.

I dropped Neverwinter for awhile but now am back and actually doing the comic. It may take awhile to get to your stuff, but I'm looking forward to drawing Nashira's reactions. (It actually leads to her questioning her faith in a big way, which is kind of a big deal for a cleric after all.)

I actually joined Neverwinter again just so I could play through these quests once more... Imagine my surprise when I've come back only to be told that there's now bugs preventing people from playing foundry quests...... OTL
  • danin73danin73 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am unable to complete Act V. I don't know if I'm just too low leve (32 right now) or if it's built for a party.

I make it to the top of the castle, I summon Irras, the flame sphere is taken from Onus. I can not open the chest. I can read the text on the wall, but can't do anything with the metal plate above the text. If I go through the doors to confront the three big guys, I die very quickly. After respawning, Irras is nowhere to be found.

Am I missing something to open the chest, or to interact with the metal plate on the wall? I found the silver gate key and the essence of light, but nothing else so far. There was one area, where there were gloomblades and a priest or two, that I also couldn't survive. Perhaps there was something in that room that I need?

This is a great quest line, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I hate asking for any hints, but I'm stuck here, and would like to finish it.
    edited June 2015
    Okay, finally defeated the second place I mentioned and got a candle. Used that to get an eyeball and used that to get an amulet. Going to try the rest of it again.
    edited June 2015
    danin73 wrote: »
    Okay, finally defeated the second place I mentioned and got a candle. Used that to get an eyeball and used that to get an amulet. Going to try the rest of it again.

The candle/amulet is used to 'see' the hidden bridge that reaches the portal above the Dark Trinity.
    The final bosses ARE difficult. And if you're having trouble with them, you'll hate the fight with Nova.
    Try reading your quest journal for tips on how to defeat the Dark Trinity. It really will help!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    edited June 2015
    Thanks! I'm not giving up. Was Irras supposed to disappear? Or do I need to drop it and start over? For a bit, before my first try at the Dark Trinity, there were two Irras'. One that I summoned, and one that came walking into the room, from where the Dark Trinity is. Thought it was kind of weird.
  • axlester1axlester1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    I'm unsure if this is allowed or not but I am having an issue in chapter 4 I have killed the Marut about 5 times & it won't give me credit for it it just respawns & nothing else happens so I can't progress, I have even tried abandoning the quest and getting it again to no avail. This upsetting because I am really into this campaign. Has anyone else had any similar issues?
    Post edited by axlester1 on
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    The author and I ran Act IV last week and were able to reproduce the marut bug. We think the spawn point was copied into another room, causing the encounter containing the marut to respawn. The author was involved in a car accident shortly thereafter, he's ok, but hasn't been able to get online to fix the bug just yet. He does intend to fix it when he can.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • axlester1axlester1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Oh dear. It's good that he's ok. I was able to watch a youtube video on how it ended so that I could go into act 5 knowing what's going on. Hope his recovery is a fast one & cheers for the reply.
This discussion has been closed.