test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to play the healer ?

ivesx2ivesx2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hello everybody, always played with GWF , but I made a paladin devotion to try to heal and am a little confused .

First, almost all dungeon that i was ( all T1) , most players dies with one hit. So either they are full HP or are dead , so it does not matter if I'm healing or not. Including tanks , when they fail to block or dodge an attack, die almost immediately.

Second, as it takes aim at the target to be healed, i need to be running as a cheap looking for an ally that needs to be healed, which is also running to not be killed , sometimes running away from me too. And when that's not it , I target an ally in the be healed and one companion is in front , getting all the healing as the ally dies.

In all, the game is in need of some adjustments , it is true , but I have faith that everything will get better soon. If someone can indicate a guide to healer would be grateful.

Thanks, cya!
Expect the best, prepare for the worst, and face whatever comes!
Post edited by ivesx2 on

Comments

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would recommend browsing through the paladin sub-class forum. There is information there.

As for people getting one-shot, yes, that is a problem. People have to be really careful and avoid enemy attacks, especially the red, but it certainly isn't the healers fault if they die in one blow.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Also not the healer's fault if your party is running away from you....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015

But they always do XD Especially lately, teleporting, rolling, dashing around, it is crazy XD
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Current dungeons are not "LOL HEALER/TANK FAULT".

If anyone blames healer in current content for dying, well, he likely needs to L2P himself.

It takes whole team effort, crowd control, tanking, right positioning and dodging.

If people don't do that, its not really healers fault.
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    But they always do XD Especially lately, teleporting, rolling, dashing around, it is crazy XD

To add, for the original poster, the heal OP's saving grace is Bond of Virtue. "All allies within 60' (feet) become bonded. Allies who are bonded gain 20% increased healing from all sources. Additionally any time you heal a bonded ally, all bonded allies receive 15% of that healing"

That gives us a huge radius covering the playing field. If anything, you could spam cure wounds on a friendly (or even yourself) from a distance and not have to go chasing after people, as that heal will be shared. Bond of Virtue is a priority spell for devotion OP (when healing). If you aren't using it, then it's like missing the bread for the butter.

For some reason if players keep running away from you (your radius), as in not a constructive way (such as running ahead), then that really is their own problem to deal with.

I have some tips here.. but do browse the Paladin forum, there is good info around those parts.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?947871-Oath-of-Devotion
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Also there's the healing aura (of Divinity), and Sanctuary ( [Shift] ), and Divine Call ( [Tab] ). All three heal without targeting, though with lower, but visibly demarked range. So, when the tank = you, you can still heal the melee chars near you all right.
  • ivesx2ivesx2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the answers guys! I will continue practicing.
    Expect the best, prepare for the worst, and face whatever comes!
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    playing healer is sometimes dreadful in this mod with the lags and all and the healer will be the first to be blamed if the party wipes. in all my runs as a DC, i've met people who would blame me for their fall, but at the same time there are those who think i did a good job....all members should know what they are supposed to do, you can't heal everyone, everywhere, all the time.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Always use Bond of Virtue. Even if you miss with one of your heals, it will heal everyone in the group. Get that power to rank 4 asap too, it is worth it.
    Against one shots Aura of Life can help, it just ressurect whoever gets killed. Just be prepared to put a portable altar under their feet before the next fight, because most players seem to forget about revive sickness. However, the best solution would be if people didn't stand in red areas, it's really not your fault if they don't dodge out of the way, even if most people like to play the blame game that way.
  • dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    To add, for the original poster, the heal OP's saving grace is Bond of Virtue. "All allies within 60' (feet) become bonded. Allies who are bonded gain 20% increased healing from all sources. Additionally any time you heal a bonded ally, all bonded allies receive 15% of that healing"

That gives us a huge radius covering the playing field. If anything, you could spam cure wounds on a friendly (or even yourself) from a distance and not have to go chasing after people, as that heal will be shared. Bond of Virtue is a priority spell for devotion OP (when healing). If you aren't using it, then it's like missing the bread for the butter.

For some reason if players keep running away from you (your radius), as in not a constructive way (such as running ahead), then that really is their own problem to deal with.

I have some tips here.. but do browse the Paladin forum, there is good info around those parts.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?947871-Oath-of-Devotion

I have a Devotion Pally the majority of that forum is devoted to prot so most of us devotion are having a hard time knowing what works and what doesn't
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
    edited June 2015
    dragonogre wrote: »
    I have a Devotion Pally the majority of that forum is devoted to prot so most of us devotion are having a hard time knowing what works and what doesn't

Right now you have to pick through the paladin section. There is information out there, albeit not as clear cut since there is no magical guide telling people how to play a devotion OP. Though enough tips and helpful info to build upon your own play style.

werewolf.jpg